Model 3 vs. Taycan Turbo S Track Race

JustLooking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Huracan, M2, R1 (+ Emira, CyberTruck)
Country flag
Yes it is! They designed it, they produced it, they installed it including the cable and the fuse box! You can make excuses all you want but crap is crap!
I just installed an electric water heater which has way more draw than the Tesla charger and it has the same exact connectors. To my knowledge, they're standard UL approved connectors. If there's melting it's because the connection wasn't properly made/torqued down.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I just installed an electric water heater which has way more draw than the Tesla charger and it has the same exact connectors. To my knowledge, they're standard UL approved connectors. If there's melting it's because the connection wasn't properly made/torqued down.
No! Most likely the problem is the switching on/off via the fuse box. Had similar problem of overheating/meltdown with electric floor heating units - that was indeed an installation problem but also NOT a loose screw!

The wallbox meltdown is a design problem. Check out other wallboxes, which have solid built in cable coming out of the box straight to a socket or a fuse box.

Porsche Taycan Model 3 vs. Taycan Turbo S Track Race 1619051650218

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
No! Most likely the problem is the switching on/off via the fuse box. Had similar problem of overheating/meltdown with electric floor heating units - that was indeed an installation problem but also NOT a loose screw!

The wallbox meltdown is a design problem. Check out other wallboxes, which have solid built in cable coming out of the box straight to a socket or a fuse box.

1619051650218.png
I do not understand what you are trying to prove with this Picture?
Would be more interesting to see how that cable is connected under the charger lid. Probably with the same connections and screws!

I have my whole house with its fuse boxes and housings prepared with connections with screws at incoming power as well as at every fuse and earth leakage switch. And we are talking three phase supply with over 60 amp per phase. And the Tesla charger properly installed, with the same installation as yours and 22 kW power for a Zoe.