moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Haha, if it was obvious I wouldn't have asked!
What web app are we talking about?
My Porsche?
No - I think he was referring to the PMCC Web Interface which you can access from your local network by typing the IP address of the PMCC device in your web browser. I'll have a look tonight but I think I already looked the other day and could not find any toggle to turn on or off the "% battery charge".

I'm thinking this is a MY21 feature and not shown on the PMCC for MY20 cars...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Username checks out...

FWIW, I like the Ambient Lighting. I leave it on the cool white most of the time but I feel it really completes the interior. It's also extremely flexible in configuration...nicely implemented.
Actually it's my reg plate and bought it for the wife ?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
PLC communication between the PMCC and vehicle may be required for the vehicle SOC to be relayed to the PMCC. If PLC between the car and PMCC was disabled (as part of the save the 12V batteries campaign) you could try re-enabling that. There could also be a 2020 vs. 2021 hardware difference though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
PLC communication between the PMCC and vehicle may be required for the vehicle SOC to be relayed to the PMCC. If PLC between the car and PMCC was disabled (as part of the save the 12V batteries campaign) you could try re-enabling that. There could also be a 2020 vs. 2021 hardware difference though.
I always have mine enabled, MY21 and it also enables vehicle authorisation for plug & charge and PIN less connection to PMCC.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Good thinking, but it actually did not make a difference in my case.

moballa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same here - I re-enabled PLC in the PMCC web interface but no luck - My MY20 doesn't show the Battery Percentage on PMCC after having both WMA5 and WMA7 updates.

Does anyone with a 2020 model have the battery percentage showing like the photo in post #54 above?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I can confirm mine after all updates does not show charge percentage or any other information when charging. MY20 but with 150 KW charging option fwiw.

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone know how to show song/artist information under satellite favorites instead of station descriptions? I used to have it setup with song/title but the update wiped it and can't for the life of me figure out how to change it back.
Ditto here -- I was surprised to see currently playing song / artist disappear from the sat radio list after the MY20 software update.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I picked up my Taycan yesterday after it spent almost 2 weeks at the dealer to get the latest software updates but I haven’t seen any OTA updates being downloaded. I have seen others mention the fact that they had OTA downloads after they picked up their cars. It was also listed on a checklist the dealer gave to me.

How would I know that the latest PCM software is installed?

I do have wireless CarPlay and auto-lift as examples but my homelink entry wasn’t deleted.

Thanks for the help.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I picked up my Taycan yesterday after it spent almost 2 weeks at the dealer to get the latest software updates but I haven’t seen any OTA updates being downloaded. I have seen others mention the fact that they had OTA downloads after they picked up their cars. It was also listed on a checklist the dealer gave to me.

How would I know that the latest PCM software is installed?

I do have wireless CarPlay and auto-lift as examples but my homelink entry wasn’t deleted.

Thanks for the help.
It could be that the car had the OTA updates whilst at the dealers. Typically they relate to mapping updates and other minor things (nothing to get excited about). I don't think there is a way to review OTA download history.

OTA updates appear as a notification (you will see a notification icon) and hear a brief audible tone when it arrives.

If automatic OTA updates has been enabled then you will likely not see many notifications as the updates will arrive and be applied automatically. If you disable this feature then you can control when the updates are retrieved and applied (suggest leaving on auto).

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Where is that section in the web app?
If your charger is on and connected to your WiFi, then you can connect to the charger via a regular web browser.

Porsche Taycan Software Update Has New Features for 2020 Taycans 1619343063044

Page 132 in the manual. You also need this little paper which came with the charger.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee