High Gloss Black Inlays for Dolomite Silver CT 4 / 4S?

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
For those of you have selected the Cross Turismo 4 or 4S, did you select the Inlays in High Gloss Black option?

This option gives you high gloss black in
  • Lower front valence inlay
  • Side skirt inlays
  • Rear diffusor inlay
My car will be a Dolomite Silver or Jet Black Metallic color. I think the option is essential for the black color vehicle, but am wondering ppl who went with Dolomite Silver (or other colors, like metallic white) did with this option. Leave it as standard (aluminum finish) or go with high gloss black?

Note: I selected the Window Trim in High Gloss Black option, this is a no brainer option IMO.

My config is here http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTL7DF4
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
Hi,
I went also for the Dolomite Silver + the high gloss black inlays + high gloss black window trims. I wanted to erase the "off road" aspect.

S.

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Hi,
I went also for the Dolomite Silver + the high gloss black inlays + high gloss black window trims. I wanted to erase the "off road" aspect.

S.
which wheels did u pick (and did u get them painted)?

Having a hard time deciding.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
which wheels did u pick (and did u get them painted)?

Having a hard time deciding.
I kept the default 19 inches from the CT4S for comfort (the roads are really bad in my country) and range.
Porsche Taycan High Gloss Black Inlays for Dolomite Silver CT 4 / 4S? bwY4TdMGPZk0DeB6ohVpQYeLqbfigPdKe2q3OvmjXbcwAHsUOC

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
For those of you have selected the Cross Turismo 4 or 4S, did you select the Inlays in High Gloss Black option?

• Side skirt inlays
  • Rear diffusor inlay
My car will be a Dolomite Silver or Jet Black Metallic color. I think the option is essential for the black color vehicle, but am wondering ppl who went with Dolomite Silver (or other colors, like metallic white) did with this option. Leave it as standard (aluminum finish) or go with high gloss black?

Note: I selected the Window Trim in High Gloss Black option, this is a no brainer option IMO.

I have selected the same black elements as you.

What I'm trying to figure out is can we get the wheel arches in high gloss black to tie it all in together? Otherwise this will be a matte black.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I have selected the same black elements as you.

What I'm trying to figure out is can we get the wheel arches in high gloss black to tie it all in together? Otherwise this will be a matte black.
Only on Turbo S. Otherwise you can ask your dealer to order as spare parts and paint it. But it's a bit complicated.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I also ordered Dolomite and went with gloss black window trim. gloss black door handles. gloss black side mirror lower. gloss black off-road package. It does bug me that the arches are not gloss black and you can only get them on the Turbo S. Not sure how weird it will be, since the pictures can't really tell. I'm leaning toward taking all the gloss black out (maybe keep window trim). Don't want gloss and matte black to be so noticeable that it looks like I pick pieces from 2 different cars.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I also ordered Dolomite and went with gloss black window trim. gloss black door handles. gloss black side mirror lower. gloss black off-road package. It does bug me that the arches are not gloss black and you can only get them on the Turbo S. Not sure how weird it will be, since the pictures can't really tell. I'm leaning toward taking all the gloss black out (maybe keep window trim). Don't want gloss and matte black to be so noticeable that it looks like I pick pieces from 2 different cars.

-ThinkMac-
I went with Window Trim and Inlays in gloss cause they were in chrome / aluminum finish. I left the the door handles and mirrors as standard given they were already black (although not gloss). I figured its' ok to have 2 colors in the exterior, black (gloss or matte) and Dolomite silver, I wanted to eliminate a 3rd color like aluminum. Something to consider if you are looking to change ur config.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag

• Side skirt inlays
  • Rear diffusor inlay

I’m getting a Cherry Red CT4, but went with the gloss black door handles and window trim as well as model designation on the back. I’m afraid the gloss black on the inlays will be a magnet for scratches. I live in Chicago and the rock salt used on the roads can be brutal. I stuck with aluminum for the inlays.
The other thing I noticed is that the window trim standard is black, but high gloss black is optional. I have to visit the dealership and see if they have any Taycans that were specced without the high gloss black trim. I have a feeling the standard black trim will be glossy enough to match. Not sure if the black trim was an option on the Taycan or standard like the CT.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I’m getting a Cherry Red CT4, but went with the gloss black door handles and window trim as well as model designation on the back. I’m afraid the gloss black on the inlays will be a magnet for scratches. I live in Chicago and the rock salt used on the roads can be brutal. I stuck with aluminum for the inlays.
The other thing I noticed is that the window trim standard is black, but high gloss black is optional. I have to visit the dealership and see if they have any Taycans that were specced without the high gloss black trim. I have a feeling the standard black trim will be glossy enough to match. Not sure if the black trim was an option on the Taycan or standard like the CT.
On CT4 non gloss black windows trims are standard. Gloss is an option.

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
The standard window trim is chrome not black on the CT. The standard inlays are in aluminum silver not black either. The high gloss black should have clear coat applied, although one should confirm.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
The standard window trim is chrome not black on the CT. The standard inlays are in aluminum silver not black either. The high gloss black should have clear coat applied, although one should confirm.
I originally assumed this too, but I found it odd that I could choose silver or high gloss black as window trim options. It made me think what is the standard if those are options. If you scroll down in the configurator to “standard equipment” you’ll see what I mean.

Porsche Taycan High Gloss Black Inlays for Dolomite Silver CT 4 / 4S? D26C05CD-A496-40C9-BC4E-D905B807A7E9

Reactions: sfr
OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I originally assumed this too, but I found it odd that I could choose silver or high gloss black as window trim options. It made me think what is the standard if those are options. If you scroll down in the configurator to “standard equipment” you’ll see what I mean.

D26C05CD-A496-40C9-BC4E-D905B807A7E9.jpeg
Wow. This is a great find. I certainly prefer that over gloss. This could have just saved me $600. Although what you posted says "Side Window Trim In Black" and the configurator option says "Window Trim in High Gloss Black". Is the Side Window Trim and Window Trim the same thing?