XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Doug is ok but watching him over the last year got to me and I no longer view his content. His fast speaking and other "quirks" turned me off. That said, he is good compared to the car-related crap some millennials put out.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Yep- I find him very annoying but I managed to make it through this video since I love the Cross Turismo expecially in that blue color.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I sort of agree. I like Doug, I think his videos are pretty damn good for unfiltered car commentary considering how biased/silly other channels are, but I can't sit through 30 minutes of him.

Usually open his videos and pop around to the important bits, very useful for that. I also REALLY appreciate that he films the cars in a more authentic way, rather than making them look sparkling brand new like most videos. I swear he shows the most accurate representations of cars. A little dirty, no super fancy lens or photoshop work.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I sort of agree. I like Doug, I think his videos are pretty damn good for unfiltered car commentary considering how biased/silly other channels are, but I can't sit through 30 minutes of him.

Usually open his videos and pop around to the important bits, very useful for that. I also REALLY appreciate that he films the cars in a more authentic way, rather than making them look sparkling brand new like most videos. I swear he shows the most accurate representations of cars. A little dirty, no super fancy lens or photoshop work.
Maybe that's it. I swear the shots of the Taycan CT in the first part of his video made it look better than any other videos or pics i've seen before.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I too find Doug a bit annoying but he is one of the best pointing out things that Chris Harris et al dont point out. When he starts driving i skip it.

For most comprehensive review of a car is; Chris Harris - driving, Mat Watson - practicality and measurements (0-60 etc.) And Doug - quirks and the small things that matter when you own the car.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For most comprehensive review of a car is; Chris Harris - driving, Mat Watson - practicality and measurements (0-60 etc.) And Doug - quirks and the small things that matter when you own the car.
Chris Harris: :like:

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I too find Doug a bit annoying but he is one of the best pointing out things that Chris Harris et al dont point out. When he starts driving i skip it.

yep, I agree -- once Doug starts driving, there's no point in watching any longer, and his grading system is pretty useless. But his attention to details in quirks and features surpasses what most other reviewers do; Doug really spends time looking at the car closely for things that potential buyers like us would like to know about.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who the f**k is this Brad guy? Responsible?!? Those who are financially sound and work their asses off to afford luxuries should enjoy their lives.

" personally don’t really feel like it’s responsible to buy any car that costs six figures. Instead of spending the around $120,000 it would cost to buy this car as-tested, I simply would buy a cheaper car. "

Shave your beard and find another job.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Who the f**k is this Brad guy? Responsible?!? Those who are financially sound and work their asses off to afford luxuries should enjoy their lives.

" personally don’t really feel like it’s responsible to buy any car that costs six figures. Instead of spending the around $120,000 it would cost to buy this car as-tested, I simply would buy a cheaper car. "

Shave your beard and find another job.
Ha - yeah that was kind of a silly thing to say. Just review economy cars or used cars then. But, he did also seem to be over-the-moon about the car itself:
"The Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo is the greatest all-around car that has ever been produced in the history of mankind."
Sponsored