When do the Turbo / Turbo S’s Showroom cars arrive at dealership?

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Dealership are saying and have been told by a Porsche, Porsche will deliver them in December. I called 4 dealerships last week to find out which specific day, they still do not know which specific day and are waiting on Porsche. Has anyone found out when there dealerships will receive the vehicle for customers to view / test drive?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I’ve been told by my UK dealer that they will have the launch event in Feb!

was told a few months ago it was Nov then Dec then Jan !!!!!!
Was told they would be prototype cars and they would get a demo

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealership are saying and have been told by a Porsche, Porsche will deliver them in December. I called 4 dealerships last week to find out which specific day, they still do not know which specific day and are waiting on Porsche. Has anyone found out when there dealerships will receive the vehicle for customers to view / test drive?
my dealer basically told me the same thing. I suspect with the production delays it’ll likely be January instead.

Porsche Experience Center in LA has / had a genetian blue turbo and a white turbo S on display. No touching. I thought the white turbo S with mission E wheels looked as good as the pictures (pretty damn good) and the blue turbo with the 20” turbo aero wheels looked even better. It’s the same blue as the 992 911.

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
my dealer basically told me the same thing. I suspect with the production delays it’ll likely be January instead.

Porsche Experience Center in LA has / had a genetian blue turbo and a white turbo S on display. No touching. I thought the white turbo S with mission E wheels looked as good as the pictures (pretty damn good) and the blue turbo with the 20” turbo aero wheels looked even better. It’s the same blue as the 992 911.

My dealer just emailed me on Friday and stated that my Dec. 8th deadline for any changes to my build has been moved to Jan. 13th. He originally told me my Taycan would be built in Feb. and delivered in April. Now, I am guessing with a month final build moved to Jan., My delivery will be moved to May.

Also, they are still hoping for Taycan’s for the showroom and test drives late December, but no guarantee.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
FWIW, my dealer just told me yesterday that they're expecting the demo cars on December 15. Given that it's a Sunday, I'm going to interpret that as 'late December.'

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Porsche Farmington Hills mentioned middle to end of December. I just find it strange Porsche hasn’t told them which specific date, gotta be frustrating for these dealerships.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche Farmington Hills mentioned middle to end of December. I just find it strange Porsche hasn’t told them which specific date, gotta be frustrating for these dealerships.
I am a little annoyed Porsche AG is treating them like mushrooms. That super bowel money would be better spent on communicating with the 40,000 customers they think they might already have and their dealerships. It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that this product roll out is severely fucked up behind the scenes.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I asked my dealer in Norway, and he didn’t know yet. They don’t know how much the delay will put back the delivery of showroom/demo cars. He assumed that they will NOT receive any showroom/demo cars in December, but he hoped for January.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I asked my dealer in Norway, and he didn’t know yet. They don’t know how much the delay will put back the delivery of showroom/demo cars. He assumed that they will NOT receive any showroom/demo cars in December, but he hoped for January.
I think it’s the same in Sweden, no cars shiped yeat so at least mid januari my dealer are waiting for a Turbo..

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
That is what ( Porsche FH ) told me as well , I have first allocation of a turbo and I was stunned to hear how little they actually have been told about the vehicle. They definitely were NOT happy with the rollout of this vehicle from Porsche. At least that was the impression I got when I stopped in.
Sponsored