Taycan software update - reported problems post update

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Press the button on the top of the lower stack on the left.
It's touched accidentally I guess.
This button switches off drive aids.
Thanks I’ll give this a try tomorrow ?
Sponsored

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is meant to be a reply to RG2020’s message above.

I started life with my 4S having the left hand screen showing the speed limit, but when I activated Innodrive and selected the driver assistance mode for that screen, the speed limit icon would move out of the centre of that ‘circle’ and to the top right of that circle.

I’m sure you will have tried this, but when you select that screen and toggle through the options, does the speed limit option not put the speed limit back into the centre of the circle?
Thanks for your reply, my car doesn’t have Innodrive so expect my issue is a different one. I’ll give Dee’s suggestion a try & hope that sorts it

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Select the left instrument cluster pod (with the right steering wheel button) then select Traffic Signs for the left pod display. If the pod is set for any other content, traffic signs are shown smaller on top between the left and center pod.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
My UK 2020 4S has been at the dealer since Tuesday. Stages 1-4 completed (although required multiple retries). Stage 5 however refuses to complete. Tried 6 times failing at various points. Porsche AG now requesting diagnostic logs. According to the dealer I’m with (Brooklands) they have had issues with every car so far. Reading also confirmed the same thing. Porsche GB now having to arrange a loan car as they have no idea how long it will take to resolve.

Can’t understand how Porsche have released software/hardware that is so hard to update. No update should take days to install - if it does and even if it works first time it is very bad design.
Has it been resolved now?

yankees757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Range Rover, AudiSQ5
Country flag
Picked up my 4s with update last week. Only two noticeable issues, both related to homelink. (1) The location setting still doesn't work. It let me set it, but it doesn't pop up when I am home, it pops up at random times when I a driving around, and (2) I used to just tap the button and it would send the signal, now I need to hold it down for it to send the signal.

Otherwise all good. Love wireless CarPlay.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Select the left instrument cluster pod (with the right steering wheel button) then select Traffic Signs for the left pod display. If the pod is set for any other content, traffic signs are shown smaller on top between the left and center pod.
Thanks. Will try this tomorrow. I got rid of the ‘driver aids off’ message with what Dee said but the cluster hasn’t got anything in it now except Speedo.

Reactions: Dee

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did you re-save your location after the update? My dealer told me the learned frequency and rolling code would still be there, but he recommended I re-save the location. I like how it pops up. I just yesterday figured out the long press to send the signal.

Currently I have the IC shortcut button assigned to HomeLink (which sends the signal but only if you have only one signal programmed). Steering wheel button is electric sound. With Homelink popping up when I arrive, I could re-assign electric sound to the IC button and use the steering wheel button for next track. However, when I back out, the reverse camera blocks the Homelink screen. I have to exit the camera then send the signal. That's one extra step (first world problem, I know). I may try it this way to see if I can learn to like it better.

yankees757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Range Rover, AudiSQ5
Country flag
Did you re-save your location after the update? My dealer told me the learned frequency and rolling code would still be there, but he recommended I re-save the location. I like how it pops up. I just yesterday figured out the long press to send the signal.

Currently I have the IC shortcut button assigned to HomeLink (which sends the signal but only if you have only one signal programmed). Steering wheel button is electric sound. With Homelink popping up when I arrive, I could re-assign electric sound to the IC button and use the steering wheel button for next track. However, when I back out, the reverse camera blocks the Homelink screen. I have to exit the camera then send the signal. That's one extra step (first world problem, I know). I may try it this way to see if I can learn to like it better.
My homelinks were saved, but did not work. I had to delete and reprogram from scratch

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorted! Thanks both for your help. I don’t think this was entirely update related, possibly lost a few settings but definitely not all, and is mainly just down to me not being familiar with those settings!

TaycanAZ

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, Panamera, 911 C2S
Country flag
Here is my list of issues post upgrade on my 20 Turbo
-Driver assistance deactivated, (AACC/Innodrive/Lane keep) but still was working without indicators on- ie; accelerator was depressed in cruise, but car did not indicate it was on. (since fixed)
- After that fix, sport chrono clock DEAD. Stuck on 5s, digital readout off. Weird.
- Worst of all, error thrown after a launch control - "All wheel drive error", then car was limited to 22mph. (Not fixed, but cleared up after got home and put in garage). This occurred without any indication something was wrong.
- Foot swipe for trunk release
- Random reboot of PCM, continually logging out of Apple Music and apple podcasts
- Numerous other PCM/Porsche connect issues unresolved or newly introduced. (climate timing does not work any longer on connect app)

The safety from the ACC and the 22mph limitation after the all wheel drive error is my biggest concern. No word from PCNA or dealer what caused that error or what caused it to clear up.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
-Driver assistance deactivated, (AACC/Innodrive/Lane keep) but still was working without indicators on- ie; accelerator was depressed in cruise, but car did not indicate it was on. (since fixed)
- After that fix, sport chrono clock DEAD. Stuck on 5s, digital readout off. Weird.
- Worst of all, error thrown after a launch control - "All wheel drive error", then car was limited to 22mph. (Not fixed, but cleared up after got home and put in garage). This occurred without any indication something was wrong.
- Random reboot of PCM, continually logging out of Apple Music and apple podcasts
- Numerous other PCM/Porsche connect issues unresolved or newly introduced. (climate timing does not work any longer on connect app)

The safety from the ACC and the 22mph limitation after the all wheel drive error is my biggest concern. No word from PCNA or dealer what caused that error or what caused it to clear up.
I also had the "All wheel drive error" , in the middle of a launch, maybe 2 seconds in.
Yes the limp home mode is unacceptable! I was lucky, on a street in my neighborhood.
Imagine being on a real road or the freeway! I took it in to the dealer, they checked it out.
Found the error in the log (cleared it of course). They did some sort of wheel calibration, but
did not say that would fix the problem. They said Porsche told them "for this error the owner
does not need to get the car worked on". At a minimum if our cars are going to purposefully
make themselves dead they should automatically turn on the hazard and all the front lights!
I consider this a serious safety issue.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

foot swipe has gone bye bye on my '21 after the update.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Been logging some 150 mile days this week and a few things I've noticed:

1) Car went into Private mode with NO prompting- just happend.

2) Have had issues where PCM screen was black until I turned the car off and then back on.

3) Have had some issues when after taking a call while listening to Spotify via wireless carplay, the music would not play after the call was terminated. Car needed to be shut off and reset to get it to work.

4) A few times I had notice that "innodrive is inoperable". After shut down and restart it resolved.

Other than 3, these issues came up from time to time BEFORE the update as well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have not seen any SOC on the display after the update either. Not sure this works yet on MY 20? It is a bit surprising since the PMCC reports a lot of data bck to MyPorsche under home charging. There it seems it should report SOC at start and finish etc. As well as the car details. so hopefully something else will be updated to show all the details?

C37B051C-4504-4D72-B086-F8A14E7AA0B6.jpeg
I have SOC displayed on my PMCC (MY21 car and no updates to PMCC following WMA6 campaign).

However, the stats recorded on My Porsche can be random and incomplete. SOC at start and end is not always populated plus the time axis is completely off by -6 hours which frustrates the hell out of me.