andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Will all of you get to keep your old clocks as a souvenir? So bizzare.
Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Had my 2020 Turbo updated about 3 weeks ago. Everything seemed fine and as advertised. Last week, however, when I had the map displayed in the instrument cluster, the display no longer shifted out of "night mode", to the brighter, more colorful, "day mode". I've scrolled through the menus to see if I could spot a fix--was unsuccessful. (I did find an option to shift the central map from day to night--but not the instrument display area map).

Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks.
I had the same problem and eventually discovered the relevant menu option. If you've not already done this, try: (1) using the button on the right side of the steering wheel, select the center tube; (2) using the rotary knob, select Map; (3) depress the rotary knob a second time and you should see a list of map display options, one of which is "Always Night Map." If that box is checked, unchecking it should solve your problem. Good luck!

Porsche Taycan 2021 April Software update results - 2020 Taycan Turbo tempImageRUOlC4

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Do you guys have buttons on the app now to flash the lights/beep the horn etc?

I know the 2021 cars have this and I assumed i would get this after the update but nothing for me
me neither.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I love everything about the sport chrono package except for the clock. Maybe I'm not exhibiting the proper kind of Porsche nostalgia, but the Taycan clock doesn't seem integrated - it seems like a cancerous growth on what could otherwise be a clean surface (what the heck do you call this surface - not the dashboard, I haven't had enough coffee yet today to think...).

Wonder what would happen if the clock were removed in a car specced with it (would some other software bit lose its mind because it can't find the clock instrument)? I could get the flat clock-less trim piece and auction off my working clock...

lisaj5564

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Yes I lost my clock, too. Dealer ordered another one and it doesn’t come until early June. The clock is the least of my problems.
June? WOW - so do you have a loaner car until June? They said because the clock died they can't finish the update.

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
I had the same problem and eventually discovered the relevant menu option. If you've not already done this, try: (1) using the button on the right side of the steering wheel, select the center tube; (2) using the rotary knob, select Map; (3) depress the rotary knob a second time and you should see a list of map display options, one of which is "Always Night Map." If that box is checked, unchecking it should solve your problem. Good luck!

tempImageRUOlC4.png
That did it! Thanks! I had seen that menu but had not scrolled down to see that box at bottom of the menu :( Don’t know how it got checked.

Rafe Stone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche- 1979 SC; 1998 Carrera; 2007 Carrera; 2019 Panamera S; Taycan Turbo
Country flag
June? WOW - so do you have a loaner car until June? They said because the clock died they can't finish the update.
No loaner. Just no clock. Spent many hours with Porsche customer service and a number of the problems have been resolved. Mostly by accident and not by design but that’s another story. Still trying to fix a couple of problems but the car is running and performing well.

Simon T

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
One issues so far post update - the consumption figures in my trip computers are “wrong” - the math it makes no sense…see below for an example - I’ve done a full round of trip computer resets and it “fixes” it for a bit - and then it reverts to nonsense numbers sometimes later

can anyone confirm/deny if their consumption metrics are correct post update?

thanks,

8F0FED14-466D-4826-B103-0A0F9C7C13BF.jpeg
I can see by your 0.7 Mi/kWH figure in your info display in your photo that you have the same fault as I have. I regularly achieve above 3.0 mi/kWH. However, on a long journey when really focused on extending range (it’s become a bit of a fun self challenge) soon after my trip reaches 3.8 mi/kWH the trip drops to zero and then subsequently shows terrible numbers (like the 0.7 in your photo). It’s as if the system has not been programmed to calculate consumption results above 3.8 and therefore starts the calculation again, and gets it wrong. It’s clearly a bug. I now do my own calculations by using the % battery used to calc the kWHr used and then using the mileage covered to make the calculation. I regularly score 3.8 mi/kWH. I’m hoping once the weather warms up I’ll be able to get above 4.0 (83.7 kWH battery x 4.0 miles = 335 miles!). I just wish the bug in the trip meter would get fixed so the car could do the math for me as I go. Either way, gonna keep gaming the max efficiency until I get above 4.0.
Anybody got above 4.0 yet?
Anybody got the same Trip issue? Anybody tried using the reverse unit setting of kWH per mile and found the same problem (I dislike that metric setting - as I prefer the miles per kWH setting as it aligns with my 44 years driving MPG mindset)?
IMHO the key to range is to become the master of coasting - foot hovering over the break but never touching it!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I can see by your 0.7 Mi/kWH figure in your info display in your photo that you have the same fault as I have. I regularly achieve above 3.0 mi/kWH. However, on a long journey when really focused on extending range (it’s become a bit of a fun self challenge) soon after my trip reaches 3.8 mi/kWH the trip drops to zero and then subsequently shows terrible numbers (like the 0.7 in your photo). It’s as if the system has not been programmed to calculate consumption results above 3.8 and therefore starts the calculation again, and gets it wrong. It’s clearly a bug. I now do my own calculations by using the % battery used to calc the kWHr used and then using the mileage covered to make the calculation. I regularly score 3.8 mi/kWH. I’m hoping once the weather warms up I’ll be able to get above 4.0 (83.7 kWH battery x 4.0 miles = 335 miles!). I just wish the bug in the trip meter would get fixed so the car could do the math for me as I go. Either way, gonna keep gaming the max efficiency until I get above 4.0.
Anybody got above 4.0 yet?
Anybody got the same Trip issue? Anybody tried using the reverse unit setting of kWH per mile and found the same problem (I dislike that metric setting - as I prefer the miles per kWH setting as it aligns with my 44 years driving MPG mindset)?
IMHO the key to range is to become the master of coasting - foot hovering over the break but never touching it!
Have you guys tried to switch the units to kWh/100mi? Not only is it much more accurate, but it might not involve funny/buggy calculation errors in the software?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Prior to the update, I *think* I had a problem on a longer trip with range mode using the miles/kWh metric. I don't recall the details, but range mode lowered the max speed to 55 because the calculated consumption went through the roof (like the kWh value was lost or something). Someone else had suggested using the kWh/100mi figure to avoid this. Again, this was pre-WMA5 and may or may not have been real. It has never happened since I switched to kWh/100mi (though I have also not switched back to see if it happened again).

Simon T

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have you guys tried to switch the units to kWh/100mi? Not only is it much more accurate, but it might not involve funny/buggy calculation errors in the software?
Good idea. I’d thought about that. Will try it. Just worked out that 28 score on that metric will be about equal to about 300 mile range (28 p/100 x 3 = 300 Mile). So I’ll give it a go and see if I can get it to and keep it at 28 kWH/100mi - hope it doesn’t also go into tilt mode like miles p/kWH. Thanks. ??

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has been there 2wks + 1 day so far. Some problem with getting the owners manual to load. Dealer is blaming Porsche headquarters for failing to respond to their calls for support/help.
Sponsored