K-S

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911-992
Country flag
Mine also shows Off Road when home - can you post an update when you get something from Porsche?
Of course, I also think the more of us that complain, the more we should get their attention. In a $210,000 car I would expect these things to work.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
sorry to hear that your charge flap opens by its own. Never herd about that one and with a million cars out it would have been heard if it was a general problem. That clearly is something wrong, but something that Tesla very quickly should be able to analyse and rectify. They have so much data transmitted from the car.

could This be the direction to your programmed work address? Try to leave that blank without any input. I find it quite cute that the car opens up and plans my trip to the address I have set as work. If I am not going there that day or week, I just press Cancel! It is not something that would raise my blood pressure!

If these two examples are the type of continuous problems you have with OTA updates, maybe connected cars are not your cup of tea?

From your comments etc I see you have not taken delivery of your Taycan as yet. So you will be in for some surprises the other way I think Look through posts here and you will find flaky connection to the Porsche servers, No remote control apart from Climate and charging, no WiFi, no wireless Apple CarPlay, trouble with Qi charging of phones, Charger WiFi connection.
I am whole food vegan, my blood pressure is always perfect!

I have the car every 3-6 months at the shop to have something fixed! That is ridiculous!

Porsche Taycan My 2 weeks of Taycan review: The Good and The Bad 1593869184584

We never went to this old small hotel in the middle of our park next door and it certainly is not my office! I have been driving to my office 200 times per year, why would I need a navi for this? Is that on the same level of the fart feature?

outube.com/watch?v=XHiq5dgfET4
outube.com/watch?v=2k2eoiYf9_w

Do you think it is OK to push such junk onto customers?

From your comments etc I see you have not taken delivery of your Taycan as yet. So you will be in for some surprises the other way I think Look through posts here and you will find flaky connection to the Porsche servers, No remote control apart from Climate and charging, no WiFi, no wireless Apple CarPlay, trouble with Qi charging of phones, Charger WiFi connection.
None of the above makes ANY difference to me, because I don't need a fart app, I need car, which reliably drives, can hold a corner on a wet road and actually has a quality interior which gives me a feeling of luxury.

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Unfortunately only in German:

This guy is a tesla fanboy, and he helps a lot of other people buy tesla to check the car out and avoid very expensive mistakes. Fist time he is in a Taycan, and he is impressed...

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am whole food vegan, my blood pressure is always perfect!

I have the car every 3-6 months at the shop to have something fixed! That is ridiculous!

Do you think it is OK to push such junk onto customers
I think it would be good to really limit the anti-Tesla talk here, mainly because it will just result with more pro-Tesla talk, then more anti-Tesla, and so on. And this place will become another Tesla centric forum.

There are plenty of Other places for that.

Thanks.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think it would be good to really limit the anti-Tesla talk here, mainly because it will just result with more pro-Tesla talk, then more anti-Tesla, and so on. And this place will become another Tesla centric forum.

There are plenty of Other places for that.

Thanks.
Well at least I am NOT guilty of selling junk! I have certainly better things to talk about, once I have my Taycan.

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
lets all play nicely. Ones perception is ones reality. we are all entitled to share -ve and +ve perceptions

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ive had mine 3 weeks too and agree on the point about the connect app - hardly works apart from telling me charge status.

A/C is set to ECO as standard - go in to the settings and change it to MAX AC - this works a treat for me.

My reversing camera is the same - it's fuzzy too but just about does the job - unacceptable for a car of this price. Hope there is a fix soon - dealer is aware.

Same with my boot trunk - hoping it can be adjusted.

Auto regen off and sports sound always defaults to off - hoping a firmware update can fix this soon

Pan roof is great - I love it as without it the car would be pretty dark even though the real benefit is for the passengers. This is the case on most cars nowadays though - same with my wife's Evoque and my Range Rover too.

I also find the steering sensors too be too sensitive - I keep getting reminded to put my hands on the steering wheel even though I am holding the wheel.

All said and done I would not replace it for anything right now - love it!
The car is gorgeous, great to drive, fit and finish are superb. The software sucks big time.

In theory, there is a GPS enabled homelink. I reprogrammed mine twice, I have yet to see it coming up...... Porsche decided you can do a "homelink" shortcut, but it will not go as deep as using one of the garage door openers but rather brings up the homelink screen. Unless you slowed down too much and the autopark assist takes the center screen - and blocks your homelink. You have to close the park aid before you open your garage. My best guess is the summer intern who designed this particular interface was pissed at Porsche and decided to take revenge.

The backup camera is not only of poor quality, it also distorts to the point that everything looks exceptionally close. I started using only the rendered image of the car to orient myself.

Car remembers every time my seat settings but only about 50% of the time my mirror settings. Go figure....

My suggestion for all software developers for VAG / Mercedes / BMW: obligatory internship at Tesla. I love the car, but the interface is poorly executed with less functionality than what I had in my first model S in 2014.

Would still buy the Taycan, but be prepared to live with the limitations.
Very true great car however the software and app are absolutely rubbish a million miles behind Tesla

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Very true great car however the software and app are absolutely rubbish a million miles behind Tesla
true, the tech is far below the bar set by tesla but the tech does not impact on the driving of the car which is far superior to any tesla.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
true, the tech is far below the bar set by tesla but the tech does not impact on the driving of the car which is far superior to any tesla.
Agree one hundred percent but Porsche need to sort app and software out quickly as its simply well below par
Sponsored