dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Update from the dealer today. Production halted for 4-6 weeks due to chip shortages which means my mid June delivery is now mid/late July.

Car was showing as in assembly and was due to finish 28 May but has now been pushed to 30 June.

Worth a call to your dealer as it maybe due to my specific spec/region but if it's chip related I'm sure it'll effect the entire fleet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
Not good! Is it a specific chip that's causing the issue?

Ours was due for delivery at the end of July

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Update from the dealer today. Production halted for 4-6 weeks due to chip shortages which means my mid June delivery is now mid/late July.

Car was showing as in assembly and was due to finish 28 May but has now been pushed to 30 June.

Worth a call to your dealer as it maybe due to my specific spec but if it's chip related I'm sure it'll effect the entire fleet.
I spoke to my dealership today.
My CT4S with a delivery date of end of June is unaffected.... At the moment. Still showing end of June

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

As you can imagine they were quite light with the details :facepalm:

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I spoke to my dealership today.
My CT4S with a delivery date of end of June is unaffected.... At the moment. Still showing end of June
Lucky if that's accurate! Get your dealer to make sure that's not the assembly completion date. Currently mine is due to complete 30 June and booked for transport 2nd week July.

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
mine was moved from 7/2 delivery to 7/9, went into production on 5/6 and was supposed to be completed by 5/21 but now the production complete date is 6/25 and delivery is 8/6

not fun..

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
mine was moved from 7/2 delivery to 7/9, went into production on 5/6 and was supposed to be completed by 5/21 but now the production complete date is 6/25 and delivery is 8/6

not fun..
Looks like it's effecting your US spec cars aswell. Not fun for sure. There's only so many reviews I can watch!

Peersylvest

First Name
Peer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo (TBD 2021)
Country flag
My production date was moved yesterday from August 2nd to August 20th. Placed my order March 23rd.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag

Microchip shortages are causing production delays for multiple models of cars from various manufacturers all over the world.

I'm a member of several different non Porsche car owners groups, same problem across the board.

My scheduled build & delivery dates has also been delayed at least a month as well.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
My 4CT was pushed from 7/30 delivery to 8/13. We're at the mercy of the global supply chain. Sucks, but it'll be worth the wait.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Lucky if that's accurate! Get your dealer to make sure that's not the assembly completion date. Currently mine is due to complete 30 June and booked for transport 2nd week July.
They are usually quite good and accurate with delivery dates for my previous cars, but who knows this time due to component shortages ??‍♂??‍♂??‍♂

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Dealer been in touch mines a 4S CT

I've posted in other delivery threads .......

PUSH BACK - I doubt the last.

................note from my dealer below.

"Whereas my last email regarding your new car was projecting a factory completion date of circa mid June, I'm afraid we are now being warned of possible production delays across all models due to a worldwide motor industry shortage of micro processors / semi conductors. You may well have read in the news about these shortages and the possible impact it may have on all kinds of industries. Currently your Taycan is now showing a factory completion date of third week of June so I would now project an early July estimated collection date for you"

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone seen similar delays to production dates for non-CT models? I have a June 18 production date for a 4S and no changes to that (yet) on TYD.
Sponsored