Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change……

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
One of the best features of the Taycan is the lack of phantom drain for environmental reason as well as the fact, that I can park the car without ever having to worry, that the battery dies and have to be replaced after a a few month.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/long-term-storage.2404/post-49394
Agreed, that is definitely awesome compared to a Tesla. However, imho my point still stands. Sentry mode would be something you turn on when you want it, it's not always on. When it's off, it wouldn't drain any power.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I’ve been German car lover, BMW, Mercedes, then Jaguar until Tesla released the Model S since 2012, already owned 5 model S cars in my household. Tesla has many many good things and less bad issue, but most of owners love the company like apple. The main reason is that Tesla has listened what customers want and implement in the cars, th following are few. Dog mode is amazing, you can leave your dog and the temperature is set, also shows on the screen that the dog is safe and the car temperature, people asked for Karaoke “done” Joe mode to avoid the car alarms to wake up babies “done” sentry security mode “done” sentry recording and availability to see in the car screen “done” increase Model S 75D 0-60 speed from 5.1 down to 4.1, “ done” Spotify “done” Pin o drive after some Teslas were stolen in Europe “done” Speed limiter in the app after a youth got kill speeding in FL “done” Camping mode A/C and power “done” All of this has been added by Tesla after customers asked via Tweets and update via OTA for free to all Tesla fleet no matter the car model year, only limitation hardware, that is why they got loyalty to the brand because they listen.
Now this what it has to be improved for the Taycan to interact with users the same way the car looks, updated and modern.

1. please let us enter address in the navigation while the car is moving, last week my wife and I have to pull over on the freeway und the storm because the non-sense prohibition of entering an address, your speech recognition and gestures aren’t that good so the ability to enter the address is a most, please we live in a time of people’s not wearing mask in a pandemic so entering the address is not a big deal is worst pulling the cellphone and do it.
2. Add another regenerative mode, I totally understand that people that do track need/want same experience as an ICE car, cool, however one pedal driving is amazing and unique experience that EVs offers and one additional setting won’t affect anyone in fact all your old and new customers will be happy to choose what regen they prefer.
3. Allow us to set driver’s profile driving mode, regen and car sound if possible audio settings too, I feel like a pilot with a checklist every morning setting the can the way I like.
4. Sentry mode like would be nice, you have the cameras and sensor.
5. Allow to use the rear camera on while driving.
6. make simpler the charging settings just slide the finger and choose battery %
7. Allow us to see charging speed per mile and also per hour.
8. Remove the need of app use for ElectrifyAmerica stations, make it plug and charge
9. Add pin to drive, non Tesla has been stolen from owners using it.
yeah mostly disagree with all of this - you're cherry picking the good outcomes vs. all the bad things Tesla has done

personally I agree Porsche needs to change, but the model should not be Tesla - more like Apple or Andriod and other high quality software update processes…

Tesla is mostly wreckless and barely gets away with what they carry off.

Last edited:

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
One of the best features of the Taycan is the lack of phantom drain for environmental reason as well as the fact, that I can park the car without ever having to worry, that the battery dies and have to be replaced after a a few month.

If you want to choose to enable something like Sentry while accepting you’ll take a hit to battery, why not? On a Tesla it can be configured to only be enabled when you’re parked away from home (and you can opt out), so the reality of the matter is most of the time when you park it shouldn’t matter or affect your drain. Just affects it when you want it to but the impact is minimal - eg parked somewhere sketchy for a few hours. When turned off the car will sleep as usual.

Side note - with Sentry mode OFF, a Tesla drains maybe 1% a week (assuming owner hasn’t connected any 3P monitoring tools or regularly checks via the app like one can do on a Taycan). Taycan sounds slightly superior to this but it’s not night and day. No one leaves Sentry on 24/7, that’s dumb.

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag

This is great to hear, as my X is horrible, especially if Sentry is on. So I just leave it off. Even off it drains more than I think it should (which is generally zero).

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
This is great to hear, as my X is horrible, especially if Sentry is on. So I just leave it off. Even off it drains more than I think it should (which is generally zero).
Yes! Aren't roughly speaking all T cars on the road today already require one block of a small coal power plant just to power the permanent phantom drain?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry, no proper car manufacturer does that due to safety reasons. Even auto locking while driving is off by default - safety first.
please elaborate on the safety reasons

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Things I would like to see more than anything else.

Better trained service technicians who know how to fix the car. Better data logging so they can figure out what has to be fixed.

Another 100 miles in range at all temperatures, or at least 50 miles.

Most of the rest of this stuff is toys.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Things I would like to see more than anything else.

Better trained service technicians who know how to fix the car. Better data logging so they can figure out what has to be fixed.

Another 100 miles in range at all temperatures, or at least 50 miles.

Most of the rest of this stuff is toys.
proper training for the techs should be priority 1.
some porsche service centers are better than others, the trick is finding one with a well trained staff

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Morton Downey Jr you’re our last & only hope!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
and there it is, the irrational hatred of tesla
I don't care about T. I just don't understand fanboys telling everybody that "Porsche software engineers need to go for an internship at T" or "Porsche software is absolutely rubbish a million miles behind T"

Porsche Taycan Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change…… 20210603_092228

New this morning! And yes, the car gets updates, the car had the recall of the faulty memory chip done and yes, it still drives like a soapbox.
Sponsored