cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Maybe you have had bad experience with people that turned out couldn't be trusted in such forums, cometguy, but my experience with dedicated forums like this, is that members want to contribute with accurate information, knowledge and insight to the common good of the interest group.

As said, I got the diagram pr email from my dealer. It's a decent size Porsche dealer: In 2020 this dealer sold 93 Taycans. And I trust that the sellers there give me correct information.
This has nothing to do with bad experiences. From personal experience, dealerships tend to know MUCH less about the cars that they sell than do the people who buy and own them (excepting mechanics/technicians in the service department for the stuff they work on). As I wrote, I'm wondering because I can find nothing via Porsche HQ regarding the information in the chart provided in this thread; if this is an official chart, why would Porsche HQ hide it? No offense intended. I just don't accept things that aren't backed up. The chart seems plausible, but it doesn't seem to gel with some of the YouTube reviews that I have seen, as I said. I'm not saying that the chart is wrong -- just that I want more verification. For some of us, ground clearance is very important.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ET34

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini Cooper S Conv. + soon a CT ?
Country flag
This has nothing to do with bad experiences. From personal experience, dealerships tend to know MUCH less about the cars that they sell than do the people who buy and own them (excepting mechanics/technicians in the service department for the stuff they work on). As I wrote, I'm wondering because I can find nothing via Porsche HQ regarding the information in the chart provided in this thread; if this is an official chart, why would Porsche HQ hide it? No offense intended. I just don't accept things that aren't backed up. The chart seems plausible, but it doesn't seem to gel with some of the YouTube reviews that I have seen, as I said. I'm not saying that the chart is wrong -- just that I want more verification. For some of us, ground clearance is very important.
I agree - enthusiasts that are members of dedicated forums like this tend collectively to have much better insight into the details than the regular seller. But in this case, I got that chart in an email from my local Porsche dealer, and he wrote (quote): "And related to ground clearance in the different modes, I hope this screen dump can clarify some of your questions". So this might be some online background information that the dealers only have access to, or some extra sales material Porsche in Norway have produced (due to that Porsche Norway expects to sell even more Taycans in 2021 than the 1000 Taycans they sold in 2020, in a country with a population of just 5 million...)?

Anyway, I trust that this screen dump is correct information. And: I'm going to test the CT on Monday 14th - looking forward to that!

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Hi cometguy, as said I got that description from my local Porsche dealer after I questioned how the Offroad Design Package would impact entry and exit height (ground clearance). I used the questions discussed in this thread, and my dealer provided the description to me by email, which I then uploaded here. I don't know where he had that diagram from, I'm afraid. But I've stressed him a bit reg the height of the CT. Contrary to many others here, I want a car that is easy to enter and exit (doesn't need to be as high as our Range Rover, though), but still be a versatile driving machine!

I haven't pulled the trigger of ordering a CT yet - will wait until I can test a CT and verify that it 1) Is good to enter & exit, and 2) Will manage the last 200 meters of a quite demanding gravel "road" (steep slopes & thight turns) to our summer house. My dealer hoped to have a CT to test in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to that!
Have you had a chance to test a CT to verify your chart. I asked my Dealer about your chart, after he had sold me the Off Road Package, and I ended up deleting it from my Configuration. Can someone who has the CT verify the information? As usual the Dealer knew nothing about this and was very happy to sell me the Off Road Option. I also prefer the look of the exterior without the Option.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Is it possible to have the CT (without offroad) to always start in "low" setting with comfortable suspension setting?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Is it possible to have the CT (without offroad) to always start in "low" setting with comfortable suspension setting?
I believe you can set this up in the 'Individual' settings - not certain if once set that you can have the car default to this custom setting on startup or if you have to toggle to it each time (don't have my car yet to test! :) - others will know.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I believe you can set this up in the 'Individual' settings - not certain if once set that you can have the car default to this custom setting on startup or if you have to toggle to it each time (don't have my car yet to test! :) - others will know.
My car always defaults to “Normal” mode on start up, regardless of what mode it was in when I shut it off.
My car defaults to “Normal” mode on startup regardless of what mode it was in when I shut it off. All my Porsches have been like that.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My car always defaults to “Normal” mode on start up, regardless of what mode it was in when I shut it off.

My car defaults to “Normal” mode on startup regardless of what mode it was in when I shut it off. All my Porsches have been like that.
Yeah was afraid that might still be the case - what’s the point of offering individual mode if it cannot be a default - oh well, I guess one more click will do!!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Wow, that sounds like is an accident waiting to happen. You park with your front lip barely over a curb above "Normal", you park and leave the car. You get back in, car is now "hanging" on the curb, you reverse leaving the front bumper on the curb. This has actually happened to a few Tesla Model S owners few years back, though there the lowering was unintended (car left parked slowly leaked air out of the air suspension) - Tesla fixed this by updating the software to keep the car at the same level it was parked in - wake up every now and then and pump up the air suspension to keep the car from dropping like this.

Last edited:

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Does the CT sit any higher than the regular Taycan when parked? I’m thinking of ease of ingress and egress. I’m getting older. :movember:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Does the CT sit any higher than the regular Taycan when parked? I’m thinking of ease of ingress and egress. I’m getting older. :movember:
Does anyone have official ride heights for the CT in the highest position?

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
Does anyone have official ride heights for the CT in the highest position?
I quickly measured my CT4S without the off-road package and got these:
Lowest 75.5cm
Normal 77cm
Lift 80cm
This is at the back wheel to the fender. The front wheel was 1cm lower at each level. If someone with the off-road package could measure theirs we can see if there is a difference. I wasn’t trying to measure to the mm.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I quickly measured my CT4S without the off-road package and got these:
Lowest 75.5cm
Normal 77cm
Lift 80cm
This is at the back wheel to the fender. The front wheel was 1cm lower at each level. If someone with the off-road package could measure theirs we can see if there is a difference. I wasn’t trying to measure to the mm.
You don’t mean 80cm?? 80mm

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I believe that ground clearance is questioned… but it’s looks that there’s less than 5cm difference between the lowest and highest position ….anyway, i’ll try to measure my CT 4 (with off road package).
(my $0.02 to all who are thinking to take it: off-road package is just very expensive plastic. I wouldn’t buy it if I found that forum/thread before my freeze day).

@ET34 : did you order/get your CT?
Sponsored