Anyone with FOD activation issues?

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After the WMA5 and WMA7 update to my 2020 Taycan I finally had the Active Lane Keeping and Innodrive options on my Porsche Connect store available for purchase as a Function on Demand.

I proceeded to purchase them and Porsche has not been able to activate them for over 10 days. It looks like it's a problem on the Porsche server side where the updates can't be pushed to my vehicle. Apparently the issue has been escalated and is being investigated but it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy fix.

Has anyone else encountered this and what was the outcome?
Sponsored

jwvbeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
I've had the same issue with ALK on my 2021 Taycan. On several occasions I got a message that the FOD was installing (and couldn't drive for 10 minute) but no luck. Next week they will update the car in the workshop.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I attempted to activate ALK on FOD yesterday, no sign of it yet despite a PCM reboot.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
My FoD issue was around the fact that my dealer had failed to properly do their end of the registration process during delivery. Those features appeared in MyPorsche as “Available After Delivery” a week after taking possession of the car. A few phone calls to the dealer later they finally fixed it. After that it was click click buy and the next time I got into the car both features were available when I clicked the option button on the cruise control stalk.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My FoD issue was around the fact that my dealer had failed to properly do their end of the registration process during delivery. Those features appeared in MyPorsche as “Available After Delivery” a week after taking possession of the car. A few phone calls to the dealer later they finally fixed it. After that it was click click buy and the next time I got into the car both features were available when I clicked the option button on the cruise control stalk.
I've had similar issues. I took delivery 6/4 but I couldn't even activate until yesterday. I still show the "track my dream" feature too.

OP
OP

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
From what Porsche confirmed this is a Porsche server issue. Apparently many cars are affected. Guess I just need to be patient and hopefully they sort it out.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
From what Porsche confirmed this is a Porsche server issue. Apparently many cars are affected. Guess I just need to be patient and hopefully they sort it out.
I kinda wish I'd waited to activate now, I feel like I'm burning my free trial days waiting for it to light up.

OP
OP

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I kinda wish I'd waited to activate now, I feel like I'm burning my free trial days waiting for it to light up.
I’m sure Porsche will count the trial from the day they activate it and not from the day you added the feature.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I'm really hoping they sort this out too, being able to activate/deactivate ALK on a monthly basis will be great for road trips.

Like @DerekS, I took delivery on 6/6 but my car is still not marked as delivered in My Porsche, so I can't even try to buy FoDs yet. Luckily I have no need at the moment. Since the original estimated delivery on TYD was 6/11, I'm waiting to see if it automatically switches status after 6/11. If not, I'll call my dealer as well.

DSHTaycan

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After the WMA5 and WMA7 update to my 2020 Taycan I finally had the Active Lane Keeping and Innodrive options on my Porsche Connect store available for purchase as a Function on Demand.

I proceeded to purchase them and Porsche has not been able to activate them for over 10 days. It looks like it's a problem on the Porsche server side where the updates can't be pushed to my vehicle. Apparently the issue has been escalated and is being investigated but it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy fix.

Has anyone else encountered this and what was the outcome?
I have had the same issue. My delivery date was 4/25 and I purchased Active Lane Keeping a few days later. The order when thru and I got an email confirming the order. But after a few days, nothing showed up in my PCM. I checked the status in Porsche Connect and it says it is in activation. I have now waited almost 3 months and nothing shows up in the PCM. Still shows in activation in Connect. Contacted dealer who said it is a Porsche Server issue and Germany is working on it. Is 3 months enough time to fix a server issue??

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I eventually got frustrated enough to bring it in for service, and both features are now activated.

The web still shows them awaiting activation.

This is the description of the work:

Porsche Taycan Anyone with FOD activation issues? Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.32.03 PM

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had this too, waited a week or so and then went to the PC, they fixed it.
The fastest option is probably to go to the PC and have them solve it.
Sponsored