Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
As most of you will know, if you buy a new Porsche you get a complimentary half day at the PEC, Silverstone in the model of car you've ordered.

Having a deposit down on a Taycan Turbo S, I had my session on Saturday last weekend.

I have a Taycan 4S at the moment (with the performance battery and surface coated brakes), and I thought this was a quick car, the launch control on the Turbo S is in another world. And the power of the ceramic brakes to slow the car to a stop was breathtaking (literally).

Another useful factor is that there were a number of Taycans there in different colours. I've ordered my Turbo S in Mamba Green which was the colour of my instructor's car. I liked it from the pictures I have seen, but it is a seriously nice colour in the flesh.

I live in Norfolk and the drive to Silverstone is about 140 miles, so I can't do the return trip on one charge. I was delighted to find two fast chargers and six or so other chargers available in the car park. I used a fast charger, and went from 42% to 100% in about 50 minutes (whilst I was enjoying a very nice breakfast).

They have an Ice Hill (ceramic tiles with fountains) you drive up and down and a kickplate (ceramic tiles and fountains again, but with a plate that kicks the rear of the car when you drive over it to induce a spin). I was concerned that the weight of the car would make it difficult to control on both areas, but it handled very well. When it did let go, it was fairly easy to catch.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_3386

Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone IMG_3388

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Can't wait for my turn to go to Silverstone in the next month or so.
Thank you for the information above.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Great to see the chargers blocked by ICE cars.

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I meant to say, the Turbo S I drove had 857 miles on the clock, and had just had all four tyres replaced!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sadly, the experience is anything but complimentary here in the States. Cost is between $500 and $750, depending upon the model Taycan.

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Sadly, the experience is anything but complimentary here in the States. Cost is between $500 and $750, depending upon the model Taycan.
That's not so good. I hope you get better food!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
We're lucky if the dealer remembers to inform the customer of this 'freebie'. This is my 2nd time of not being informed but have done it several times before - it is a great experience and day out. Still, I have whinged previously on this forum about the poor communication skills of my local dealership and just accept it now.

I tend to gift mine to the kids / partners and they generally choose the most powerful car on offer!

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Mamba Green is the best colour! Never has taking such a small risk, given such a great reward. And it doesn’t show the dirt nearly as badly as the white, blue, black, and grey.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Experience Centre Silverstone B9C69B7C-BA98-40BD-BC40-40A3595F50D5

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As most of you will know, if you buy a new Porsche you get a complimentary half day at the PEC, Silverstone in the model of car you've ordered.

Having a deposit down on a Taycan Turbo S, I had my session on Saturday last weekend.

I have a Taycan 4S at the moment (with the performance battery and surface coated brakes), and I thought this was a quick car, the launch control on the Turbo S is in another world. And the power of the ceramic brakes to slow the car to a stop was breathtaking (literally).

Another useful factor is that there were a number of Taycans there in different colours. I've ordered my Turbo S in Mamba Green which was the colour of my instructor's car. I liked it from the pictures I have seen, but it is a seriously nice colour in the flesh.

I live in Norfolk and the drive to Silverstone is about 140 miles, so I can't do the return trip on one charge. I was delighted to find two fast chargers and six or so other chargers available in the car park. I used a fast charger, and went from 42% to 100% in about 50 minutes (whilst I was enjoying a very nice breakfast).

They have an Ice Hill (ceramic tiles with fountains) you drive up and down and a kickplate (ceramic tiles and fountains again, but with a plate that kicks the rear of the car when you drive over it to induce a spin). I was concerned that the weight of the car would make it difficult to control on both areas, but it handled very well. When it did let go, it was fairly easy to catch.

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg
This sounds amazing. I assume you ordered yours from Silverstone? Also how long til it arrives?

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
This sounds amazing. I assume you ordered yours from Silverstone? Also how long til it arrives?
Hi Caroline. I ordered from OPC Norwich. I've been told 'end of the year' for delivery. I hope you are still enjoying yours.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Caroline. I ordered from OPC Norwich. I've been told 'end of the year' for delivery. I hope you are still enjoying yours.
Yep, still love to get in and drive. Planning a long UK trip this summer. How did you get a silverstone experience?

OP
OP
Norfolkporsche

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Yep, still love to get in and drive. Planning a long UK trip this summer. How did you get a silverstone experience?
Anyone buying a new Porsche car in the UK should be offered a session at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone. Quite often, the OPC forget to process this, so I’d call your salesman and explain that you have not received your invitation. He should contact Silverstone and you should receive a letter from them offering available dates after that.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone buying a new Porsche car in the UK should be offered a session at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone. Quite often, the OPC forget to process this, so I’d call your salesman and explain that you have not received your invitation. He should contact Silverstone and you should receive a letter from them offering available dates after that.
Thanks, I will do this now.

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
What is the chance of getting this if leasing a car from brand new in the uk ?

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
What is the chance of getting this if leasing a car from brand new in the uk ?
Thanks to this thread I asked my dealer and he said... Oh yeah! Call this number.

So here you go 01327 855911 and they will search for you and your car and book you in.

And yes you do , mine is a company purchase (lease). I suspect most taycans are company purchases.
Sponsored