CARMINE RED Taycan Club

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I picked up my 4S last weekend. I originally had a Gentian blue on order, but my wife helped convince me to buy this one off the lot.
NewTaycanPic_Resized.jpg
Looks very similar to mine. Windows tinted now and full front PPF.
Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club 007352E1-E216-4DB4-AB14-CA51D02C5D88

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I get my PPF and ceramic done on the 24th.
I highly recommend changing the side markers as well. Very easy, follow another thread to see the instructions, about $100 and worth it.

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I absolutely love the drive. I have no idea about the consumption except that I get about 180miles per an 85% charge. Makes me smile every day. Even on a cold frosty morning. Looking forward to the brighter days when it is bright when going to and coming home from work.
Beautiful car, Caroline! Re your range, is that mostly city stop-and-go driving, or highway? I'm assuming this is the performance plus battery? Thanks!

PTProspect

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jaguar I-Pace; 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I highly recommend changing the side markers as well. Very easy, follow another thread to see the instructions, about $100 and worth it.
I have been contemplating changing out the side markers, but I kind of like the orange with the Carmine.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Beautiful car, Caroline! Re your range, is that mostly city stop-and-go driving, or highway? I'm assuming this is the performance plus battery? Thanks!
In the warmer weather I’m getting 240 miles in a 95% charge for motorway driving and about 220 for city driving. Seem to
Gain about 20miles compared with the colder weather.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I was never a fan of the 20" Sport Aero wheels but would not want to spend even more on the 21" options which I didn't find amazing either and would diminish precious range.

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club 20210414_090735

So after almost a year, I thought it is time to experiment. I got the wheels painted to match it much closer to the show car at Frankfurt.

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club 20210630_125153

Porsche Taycan CARMINE RED Taycan Club 20210630_125244

Still not the best, but much more sleek and sporty... :)

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@feye I see you changed the center caps to the colored shield from the silver and black. Looks quite nice with the new all black rims. I like it. Congrats.

Last edited:

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I was never a fan of the 20" Sport Aero wheels but would not want to spend even more on the 21" options which I didn't find amazing either and would diminish precious range.

20210414_090735.jpg

So after almost a year, I thought it is time to experiment. I got the wheels painted to match it much closer to the show car at Frankfurt.

20210630_125153.jpg

20210630_125244.jpg

Still not the best, but much more sleek and sporty... :)
I think that’s a HUGE improvement. Looks great. What was the process to do that?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I think that’s a HUGE improvement. Looks great. What was the process to do that?
Went to an "upscale" car shop (Ferrari parked next to mine) and ask them to paint it black. They quoted USD 403 for all 4 wheels. The centercups might be fake, but are of good quality and fit perfectly. Paid USD 90 online.

Reactions: B61

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
well after owning black, white, silver and blue (BMW-M-Blue) cars in the past and mostly 'a version of black'. I have always thought that 'red' and 'yellow' are just begging for attention/tickets and those that just want to 'look at me'.
I can now say I am a 'convert' after reading all 13 pages of this post. This color 'carmine red' is simply emotional.....I don't quite know how else to explain it. It is not 'Ferrari-red' and not obnoxious! It is deep, lush and warming to my soul.
I can't explain it, but I had one of my favorite Transformers in the 80's tat was the F-14 that converted to, what else, a robot, that had these red and black armor plates and jet-pack on the back. Ever since then, I secretly had a desire to own something like that. As a mid-40's male, I grew up buying used transformers from the 'thrift shop' and eating free school lunch, due to my parents being poor (but I never 'felt' poor to be honest...I will filled by love by my mom and hate by my pops :) ). Dichotomy's in my life were extremes.
I attribute this to, my sudden change of dogma to never buy a 'red' or 'yellow' sports car. I am throwing it all out the window and WILL be getting this color when thee next upgrade happens to the model. It has touched my childhood soul, invoked feelings of innovation and the ability to overcome 'anything', that I simply don't get with a 'black' Taycan. I want that feeling back, on the daily.
I also believe (placebo effect or not, it is perceived to be 'real), that this color will make me more youthful and competitive on a daily basis and allow me to tackle problems that have plagued me for months, seemingly erode as fast a Elon's next vaporware traveling circus (equity round raises).
Apologies for the background, but I am even invigorated writing about the wait (not a wait as I just got the 4s a few months ago) for next trade-up and next-gen MY/Option/Trim/Technology upgrade to the 2.0, whenever that drops?
When it does, I am 'too close for missiles, so I am switchin' to guns......" - which means, I am going for the Turbo (may make more sense with the TurboS due to config specs), with blacked-out PCSB (coated) brakes or the blacked-out PCCB (full carbon) and matching this with and crated my own code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTDUY43
Comes in about $220k USD.....about 100k more than my 4s.....at this point, I don't care....I want it!

Last edited:

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Beautiful spec. Welcome to red.