Neptune Blue CT Turbo S Build Advice

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Long term viewer, first time poster! Not new to Porsches (Macan GTS, GT3 RS, 718 GT4) but new to electric cars and very excited to get my Taycan.

I am on the waiting list for an allocation of a Turbo S Cross Turismo (should hear today if it will be this year or next for an allocation, not getting my hopes up!) and wanted to run my build past to see if there is anything I may have missed.

The one thing I am really stuck on is the interior, Black Leather or the Black/Crayon. I’ve never had a light coloured interior for fear of it looking terrible after a year of ownership, but the Taycan may be the one I take the plunge on. Also, if I go Crayon interior, would it be silly not to have the Crayon seat belts to match!

Let me know what you think, interested to hear peoples views!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNUNPVE1
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Long term viewer, first time poster! Not new to Porsches (Macan GTS, GT3 RS, 718 GT4) but new to electric cars and very excited to get my Taycan.

I am on the waiting list for an allocation of a Turbo S Cross Turismo (should hear today if it will be this year or next for an allocation, not getting my hopes up!) and wanted to run my build past to see if there is anything I may have missed.

The one thing I am really stuck on is the interior, Black Leather or the Black/Crayon. I’ve never had a light coloured interior for fear of it looking terrible after a year of ownership, but the Taycan may be the one I take the plunge on. Also, if I go Crayon interior, would it be silly not to have the Crayon seat belts to match!

Black / Crayon is a great combination - easy to keep clean (just wipe down monthly).

OTT spec (I'm just jealous) but some thoughts:

1. Offroad design pack - I wouldn't have (too much plastic)
  2. Offroad design pack - if it is a 'must' then consider black rather than gey and black inserts, too many colours otherwise and looks odd at the rear when in anything other than black.
  3. With Pano roof you would get away with an all black interior but with two-tone you get a nice 'lift' overall
  4. Roof rails - I wouldn't have, spoils the line
  5. Accent package in black - I wouldn't have - its already dark grey / black
  6. Preparation for rear cycle carrier
  7. Cycle carrier
  8. PMCC vs PMC+ - better charging unit but hard to justify the premium
  9. Full exterior colour for the door mirrors
  10. Model designation on doors - I wouldn't have (we know what it is!)
  11. Compass display - is this a preference over the Sports Chrono clock?
  12. Rear light strip in black - it is already dark and may look too dark
  13. Privacy Glass
  14. Comfort access
  15. 4-zone AC - I wouldn't have - think of your battery drain when in use
  16. Heated steering wheel
  17. Crayon seat belts (if electing for black / crayon interior)
  18. Compartment luggage net
  19. Logo on centre console - I wouldn't have
  20. Passenger Display - limited use so I wouldn't have
  21. Depending on where you will home charge (garage / outside) consider the wall dock

OP
OP

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the thoughts, most of which I had ticked on and off multiple times.

Offroad pack I like, and left it as is so that you get the carbon inserts with it being a Turbo S.

Rear cycle carrier prep I will probs add, but £2k ofd for a cycle carrier is mad. Plus my bikes go in my van so it might be a waste

Good shout on door mirrors!

Compass display - because its different. Have Chrono clock in the RS and GT4, never used it, even on track and always look at the time on the PCM or clocks.

Privacy Glass - quite liking the one glass “colour” all the way round, looking back at some of my old cars with privacy I now think they look naff!

Accent package - ticked this because with the 2022 MY the window buttons are matt not gloss so with the grey accent package youll end up with 2 or 3 different shades, the black accent package means everything in there will be carbon or matt black. From my research anyway.

Comfort Access - had it before, again never used it other than auto unlock.

That build should have the heated carbon wheel, will check ?

Crayon Seat Belts I will add

Luggage net - good shout

Passenger display - waste of time but so cool!

Going to speak to the dealer on the wall dock and charging options.

Thank you!

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag

Offroad pack I like, and left it as is so that you get the carbon inserts with it being a Turbo S.

Rear cycle carrier prep I will probs add, but £2k ofd for a cycle carrier is mad. Plus my bikes go in my van so it might be a waste

Compass display - because its different. Have Chrono clock in the RS and GT4, never used it, even on track and always look at the time on the PCM or clocks.

Privacy Glass - quite liking the one glass “colour” all the way round, looking back at some of my old cars with privacy I now think they look naff!

Accent package - ticked this because with the 2022 MY the window buttons are matt not gloss so with the grey accent package youll end up with 2 or 3 different shades, the black accent package means everything in there will be carbon or matt black. From my research anyway.

Luggage net - good shout

Thank you!
I've ordered a Neptune Blue 4sCT with the crayon interior. Due for delivery in late Sept. I've gone all black on the trim, very similar to the press car that has been floating around in videos. Will post some pics when I get it.

I've had a fine experience with light interiors in the past, I even have two kids that try to destroy mine, nothing a light wipe up won't fix.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Luggage net - good shout

Thank you!
Didn't appreciate the carbon inserts - what about the rear diffuser is that carbon or 'grey'?

Yep, the cycle carrier is nuts (why could they not have gone with a trailer hitch?).

I noticed you had sound insulating glass - this looks different from the outside to the other windows so you won't get that uniform feeling (cosmetic point really). Not sure you need this option in which case you could take the grey top tint.

Whatever you end up with it will be a fine motor, enjoy (when the time comes)!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@W1NGE : afaik, off-road package is not just exterior plastic, it provides “a lift button” for additional 10mm (or it’s 20?).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@W1NGE : afaik, off-road package is not just exterior plastic, it provides “a lift button” for additional 10mm (or it’s 20?).
Normal ride height is higher and yes there's more lift.

My point is that the plastic is all too much (irrelevant) but fortunately on the TTS parts (wheel arches) are painted black rather than bare plastic.

It's not an off-roader remember and those plastic bits break (see video).

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
i’ve been told little different (by salesguy)…but it looks that he was wrong.
if i’d knew that before, i would skip that (plastic) option for sure.
anybody knows, if it’s possible to remove those parts?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If you want to consider a darker interior but not boring black, then I really like the Blackberry/Grey interior on my Neptune Blue. To the best of my knowledge, this is a rare combination. Maybe I shouldn't be recommending it :)

Porsche Taycan Neptune Blue CT Turbo S Build Advice IMG_0910

Porsche Taycan Neptune Blue CT Turbo S Build Advice IMG_0124

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Definitely go with a dual-tone interior. Too much of one color doesn't fair well for these cars IMO. Chalk is a great choice and will look great with the blue.
Porsche Taycan Neptune Blue CT Turbo S Build Advice IMG_3051

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I ordered chalk with Neptune blue. Two tone is visually appealing in any color.

link to Neptune chalk

Hey everyone,

BROUbrou09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S, Audi e-tron
Country flag
My CT4S to be delivered in a couple weeks is Neptune blue with black/chalk (crayon in Euro-spec) interior. Gloss black window trim and model designation with Vesuvius Grey inlays and 21" wheels. Should be slick.

OP
OP

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, the time has come and the spec is now finished and locked in. Goes into build mid Feb so here for late March/early April. Spec got a bit of out of hand but your only here once!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNS4L846
Sponsored