OP
OP

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
After 2 months this is finally resolved.

I went out to the car yesterday morning to check and noticed that, while I was still unable to log in, the car was now connecting to Verizon instead of AT&T.

Excitedly, I called PCNA and got through to someone very helpful. She asked if the SOS light was blinking red (it was, and has been since I bought the car). She then stated this was a good thing and the last step would be to escalate the case once more for that issue because it's related. Then everything will work.

True to her word, this morning I was able to log in, download all updates, app is working, SOS light is solid green, etc. All seems well, finally.

Sounds like the solution, depending on your patience level, is to stay on top of PCNA until they fix it. The rep stated it was a known and common issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hoffa

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, I just picked up a Taycan 4S last week. On delivery the SOS red light was blinking, and thought it would be resolved once the systems provision. Nope. It's back at the dealer - hopefully this doesn't take to long.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Picked up my 2021 Taycan last night, have already put 80 miles on it and love it, except for this Porsche Connect mess.

I’ve searched and read through several threads of similar issues with seemingly no reliable solution. The specific issue I’m having is:

Settings > Set-up Assistant > Porsche ID login: Login button greyed out. When pressed, “Function not available”

I’ve ensured privacy mode is off. The vehicle is visible in “My Porsche” account on the web and most services are active. Though I noticed when I do have privacy mode enabled, it disables some services stating privacy mode is activated. So some communication must be happening.

I am able to log into the app, though the app claims “Remote access has been deactivated”.

“My Porsche” shows a service “In-car Wi-Fi Hotspot powered by Verizon” (this is important further down)

Here are my other observations:
  • PCM software version: MPR3_US_POG46_P3397. The PCM states a software update is available, but I can't install it because I can't log in.
  • SOS button above rear view: flashing red LED, when pressed, voice says “the emergency call cannot be made”
  • Online radio: “function not available”
  • Settings > Accounts > Add new account: “Account can currently not be added”
  • Data connection settings > Integrated SIM card status: AT&T, 3 of 5 bars (shouldn’t this be Verizon?)
  • At one point I *believe* I saw a message stating map data had been updated, but I was driving and I can’t be certain.
I called Porsche Connect customer support twice today. Once in the morning and was told she would “research it” and call me back in a few hours. I waited 6 hours before calling back. This time I worked with the rep for about 20 minutes doing the same troubleshooting steps as before. She put me on hold, and then transferred me to a PCNA number with a recording stating they were closed.

Any help to get this working would be appreciated. I'd prefer not to have to take it back to the dealer if possible but that may not be realistic.

Thank you!
Same thing happened to me. It took a few days for the Porsche servers to recognize the car as “sold”. You will be OK. Be patient Grasshopper!

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi, I just picked up a Taycan 4S last week. On delivery the SOS red light was blinking, and thought it would be resolved once the systems provision. Nope. It's back at the dealer - hopefully this doesn't take to long.
That too happened to me. It will self resolve fairly quickly. Don't sweat it.

OP
OP

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm still having this issue, four weeks in. It seems for many it has resolved itself but I haven't been as lucky.
Have you opened a ticket with PCNA yet? Mine took 2 months to resolve and seemingly only after consistent pressure with PCNA as I've documented above. Dealer was useless.

OP
OP

TurboBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. It took a few days for the Porsche servers to recognize the car as “sold”. You will be OK. Be patient Grasshopper!
No, sorry, please keep reading the thread. It took multiple calls and "escalations" to PCNA over 2 months to get it resolved. Dealer was useless.

hoffa

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks guys, ill call the dealer on monday and see if they have an update. If it magically fixed itself, great, else I will try PCNA.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
Have you opened a ticket with PCNA yet? Mine took 2 months to resolve and seemingly only after consistent pressure with PCNA as I've documented above. Dealer was useless.
yeah I’ve had a case open for about 3 weeks, and have been calling every 2-3 days to ask the status. The rep has to track down the case owner, who is always on another call and promises to call back, but has only done so once. Yet another person from mobility is supposed to be looking at the issue, but I don’t think anyone with knowledge has actually looked at it yet. When I last called in the rep felt bad for me because she has taken my call so many times and promised to escalate to her supervisor, but still no progress.

hard to believe that someone there doesn’t know what’s going on given that it’s been reported by many people. I haven’t tried the dealer route yet.

Mert

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
I had same experience and as feye wrote, mine resolved itself in a week. No idea why. I don’t think you have any choice but to go back to dealer. Porsche Connect “techs”, in my experience,know nothing. All they do is create a case # and say they will get back to you. I am still waiting since May for someone to get back to me On a few issues. You know the expression I could grow a beard in that time? Well I did! Good luck.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
I had same experience and as feye wrote, mine resolved itself in a week. No idea why. I don’t think you have any choice but to go back to dealer. Porsche Connect “techs”, in my experience,know nothing. All they do is create a case # and say they will get back to you. I am still waiting since May for someone to get back to me On a few issues. You know the expression I could grow a beard in that time? Well I did! Good luck.
Thanks Yeah I think that is my next step. Hopefully dealer will take ownership of it and track down someone who knows what’s going on. Have been hoping that it would fix itself and I could avoid that hassle

hoffa

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
yeah I’ve had a case open for about 3 weeks, and have been calling every 2-3 days to ask the status. The rep has to track down the case owner, who is always on another call and promises to call back, but has only done so once. Yet another person from mobility is supposed to be looking at the issue, but I don’t think anyone with knowledge has actually looked at it yet. When I last called in the rep felt bad for me because she has taken my call so many times and promised to escalate to her supervisor, but still no progress.

hard to believe that someone there doesn’t know what’s going on given that it’s been reported by many people. I haven’t tried the dealer route yet.
Had the car a few days, before sending it to the dealer to deal with. It is almost two weeks without it. They admit its not a car problem, but a germany/back end problem. Dealer offers a 30 day money back guarentee. I really hope I dont have to exercise that!
Sponsored