Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
This is my Build. Looking for late April early May delivery.
2gak6n%25OJtqU6nuTug2EwZo4a3ii4ccQzpYHJ8uWgwJVEeh5y%25LPvBCmY13TOf8EmXlJkSiL5DmtlRpws7xJMV2dKHp4.jpg
Congrats, I am in that batch, I see red interior, great spec on the wheels and calipers, very nice, don't even want one April fools jokes this year he he

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
I too was considering the Grey interior for the same reasons; however, I was able to see the Slate Grey Leather on a Cayenne at the dealership a few weeks ago, I did not find it very attractive personally, it was just too light I thought. I am now selecting Black or Red/Black. I would suggest you try to see the color before deciding.

Love your PSCB and 20" Arrow choice, I am on the fence to drop that much more. I too have Inno, Passenger Disp, & Premium Pkg and 1/2 of Performance, just holding on PDCC Sport & PTV+. Consider adding the 25' Charge Cable under eMobility, it's a free change in USA and give more flexibility.
Also I got the Smoking package, though I hate the activity it is a nice cover for a cupholder when you only have need for one (and also no-charge selection).

Enjoy your vehicle...
Ron,

Those are very thoughtful suggestions, I appreciate them. If the grey is too light that would be an issue for me. I will make the trip to a dealer to look at the exact interior color. My local dealer does have an exterior panel in the Blue so I can compare it against that.

It sounds like you’re putting together quite a build yourself. I’m glad to see another InnoDrive out there. My dealer actually told me he didn’t think they were DOT approved yet, I had him call the national sales exec who confirmed they’re approved and fully functional. What exterior color did you select?

I hadn’t considered the smoking package since I don’t but a cover for the cup holder could come in handy. Good suggestion there, as well as the longer cable.

Good luck with your order, you may want to consider posting it here so we can see the details.

Mike

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
wow - great build!

colours are personal choices. Regarding the interior i note that Porsche press cars all seem to have the Frozen blue in combination with a black interior. I like the slate grey in combination with dark blue etc - but hey its personal.

Regarding the exterior - I would consider the black windownsurrounds and black modelname on the bootlid.
My dealer has seen the Frozen blue and noted its a very light colour. I find the black surrounds visually defines the “border” better between glass (windows) and the painted sheet metal. But hey it’s taste and we are all different.

Moreover you could consider the 4+1 seat as it apparrently ads 40-20-40 splitfolding rear seats - that way you can have longer items with you even travelling 4.

you can check it out here:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLBIHIX1
JacobDK,

Thank you for the insight on the blue press cars having a Black interior. Reading the other post here, it does sound like the grey may be a little too light to go well with the light blue. I appreciate the config you sent, I was able to compare the black trim colors side by side with my wife. I like both black options, she likes the silver on the windows but we both agree on the black model name and will add that to our build. Thanks!

Mike

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
first of all really nice builds!

I am also specifying frozen blue and have personally decided after many iteration to go with the brown interior to give a nice harmony with my gulf orange accents that i will have the car striped with. However, initially i was very favorable to the red/black leather combination. i think it works beautifully with this blue since it seems to be very changing depending on the light that falls on it. Also considered the problem of keeping the interior nice and the red is not very light so should not be destroyed by jeans kids or even worse, big dogs.... it will be my daily driver;)

personally was not fond of the grey since it seems to have a lot of blue in it rather than a warmer tone...... but then again outside blue inside blue grey obviously has harmony.
first of all really nice builds!

I am also specifying frozen blue and have personally decided after many iteration to go with the brown interior to give a nice harmony with my gulf orange accents that i will have the car striped with. However, initially i was very favorable to the red/black leather combination. i think it works beautifully with this blue since it seems to be very changing depending on the light that falls on it. Also considered the problem of keeping the interior nice and the red is not very light so should not be destroyed by jeans kids or even worse, big dogs.... it will be my daily driver;)

personally was not fond of the grey since it seems to have a lot of blue in it rather than a warmer tone...... but then again outside blue inside blue grey obviously has harmony.
FelixTB,

Thanks for the description of the grey having a tint of blue in it. It’s hard to imagine that looking great since it’s sounding like the grey is also light shaded. I loved the look of the Chalk seats against the Blue but decided against them for the same reasons you cited about jeans, etc darkening them. It looks like things are tilting towards the black interior. Thanks!

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
This is my Build. Looking for late April early May delivery.
2gak6n%25OJtqU6nuTug2EwZo4a3ii4ccQzpYHJ8uWgwJVEeh5y%25LPvBCmY13TOf8EmXlJkSiL5DmtlRpws7xJMV2dKHp4.jpg
That’s a sharp combination with the black wheels, calipers and window trim. I can’t be sure from the photo, did you select the Aero option?

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
My 4S order in the UK is progressing nicely after I had to finalize spec in early December and my V900 is showing as 27 March (and the factory completion date is showing as 21 Feb). These dates haven't changed for several weeks now - and the dealer thinks that any impact from the production delays must therefore already be included in these dates. This is my first Porsche - what have others here experienced with other Porsche models and whether it's possible still to see long delays once you have a V900 date? Should I be getting more confident (and excited!) about the date or should I still be taking it with a pinch of salt?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLFPDG37 I'm about to order tomorrow, any views on what i'm missing or should leave out, would be very much appreciated!
Love it! I had missed that "Privacy glazing" option. I can't see any real suggestions to your spec.
FYI: As you did do the 20" wheel upgrade which looks great BTW. You may consider the PSCB Break Upgrade. Better perf, no rust.
Also Heat Pump if that is an option as you appear to be in a cold climate.

Update: Privacy glazing does not seem to be an option in the USA. :-(

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLFPDG37 I'm about to order tomorrow, any views on what i'm missing or should leave out, would be very much appreciated!
A lot of these specs are very personal and great!

The only thing I would have added would be the 4 +1 seating arrangement. My reasoning for that is that the back seats look to be configured so that you can fold down the middle sat and put skies through, while still having 4 people in the car. But please check that?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
A lot of these specs are very personal and great!

The only thing I would have added would be the 4 +1 seating arrangement. My reasoning for that is that the back seats look to be configured so that you can fold down the middle sat and put skies through, while still having 4 people in the car. But please check that?
CORRECTION: Note you do NOT loose the cupholders/arm rest for the center passengers so you need not weigh that into decision. ;-)
See Thomas' Autogefühl review at this offset:

Last edited:

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Note you do loose the cupholders/arm rest for the center passengers so you have to weigh that vs long items. ;-)
Are you certain? Pics look like there is still a fold down armrest that presumably has cup holders too.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you certain? Pics look like there is still a fold down armrest that presumably has cup holders too.
Thank you Td78, I could not see any useful pic on the Porsche Configurator; however, I found this very useful review showing the 2+1 config and the cupholders.
That is a practical option to allow for a "small" 5th passenger or ski's or golf clubs or 8' 2x4s. ;-)
I added a link to my prior post with correction.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you Td78, I could not see any useful pic on the Porsche Configurator; however, I found this very useful review showing the 2+1 config and the cupholders.
That is a practical option to allow for a "small" 5th passenger or ski's or golf clubs or 8' 2x4s. ;-)
I added a link to my prior post with correction.
Good link! I already saw that review but missed that part where he folds down the armrest.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good link! I already saw that review but missed that part where he folds down the armrest.
Exactly, me too. I think I watched it twice when it first came out and missed it.
Sponsored