First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Hi everyone:

It was suggested I post pictures of my new Turbo S in this color as an actual delivery. Sorry for the quality, they are quick snaps on my iPhone for a friend, so they are NOT beauty shots. But this beast is in the wild. Interior is Tex Black/Slate Gray. And yes my neck hurts, I have a constant slight headache, no idea why....

I'll take more pics as weather gets nice again and I have time. So far (and I only have a couple of hours stick time) are as follows:

• It is a beast like to other EV I have owner so far, but that is not surprising.
  • It ABSOLUTELY hides it mass very well.
  • It is surgical precision, in both drivetrain, suspension and handling. I do have the PDCC and for me I wouldn't do without it at this trim level. At 4S I would probably skip.
  • Interior is absolutely first rate. Everything from fit and finish, to screens, to even the graphics are near perfect. And I say this as someone who is rather picky about this. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I have never been a fan of Porsche interiors, they were ok. This is Audi grade refined.
  • NO ONE needs the Turbo/Turbo S speeds unless you just want to bragging rights or want to take it to the track. There are no roads in US that require this car (well maybe very few). It is WAY overkill for a daily drive, the 4S is simply overkill! :)
  • I haven't pushed the car too much yet as I don't have enough experience and it has been around 45-50F but it already matches or maybe exceeds the Alfa 4C and the i8.
  • The nice surprise was the mobility charger (and the car) actually can charge at 9KWHr (vs 5-7 typical for most other cars) assuming you install a 50A 240 circuit. Not needed but a nice to have (I already have 2 7KW EVSEs in my garage). The mobility charger, which I would not have bought, is actually worthwhile, as it has a web interface, nice display, and better functionality. Again, not necessary, any 7KW EVSE for 300-400 will do, but its a refined one.
  • I wish there were some better shortcuts, like to change in interior lighting brightness at night (which I tend to do a lot) is painful. There is no adjust knob, and the item is buried 3 menus deep AND is grayed out when the car is moving. This is my only gripe so far. So you can see there isn't much negative to say.

I'm kind of sorry I have to put it away right now, we will be having minor winter event and of course they will coat the roads with chemicals and I am still in that phase where I am NOT doing that to this car.

Please ask any question if you are interested.

Porsche Taycan My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered FrontQuarter
Porsche Taycan My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered Front
Porsche Taycan My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered Side
Porsche Taycan My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered Rear

Last edited by a moderator:

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi everyone:

It was suggested I post pictures of my new Turbo S in this color as an actual delivery. Sorry for the quality, they are quick snaps on my iPhone for a friend, so they are NOT beauty shots. But this beast is in the wild. Interior is Tex Black/Slate Gray. And yes my neck hurts, I have a constant slight headache, no idea why....

FrontQuarter.jpg
Front.jpg
Side.jpg
Rear.jpg
Love the blue, more pics and any thoughts would be great

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll take more pics as weather gets nice again and I have time. So far (and I only have a couple of hours stick time) are as follows:

- It is a beast like to other EV I have owner so far, but that is not surprising.
- It ABSOLUTELY hides it mass very well.
- It is surgical precision, in both drivetrain, suspension and handling. I do have the PDCC and for me I wouldn't do without it at this trim level. At 4S I would probably skip.
- Interior is absolutely first rate. Everything from fit and finish, to screens, to even the graphics are near perfect. And I say this as someone who is rather picky about this. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I have never been a fan of Porsche interiors, they were ok. This is Audi grade refined.
- NO ONE needs the Turbo/Turbo S speeds unless you just want to bragging rights or want to take it to the track. There are no roads in US that require this car (well maybe very few). It is WAY overkill for a daily drive, the 4S is simply overkill! :)
- I haven't pushed the car too much yet as I don't have enough experience and it has been around 45-50F but it already matches or maybe exceeds the Alfa 4C and the i8.
- The nice surprise was the mobility charger (and the car) actually can charge at 9KWHr (vs 5-7 typical for most other cars) assuming you install a 50A 240 circuit. Not needed but a nice to have (I already have 2 7KW EVSEs in my garage). The mobility charger, which I would not have bought, is actually worthwhile, as it has a web interface, nice display, and better functionality. Again, not necessary, any 7KW EVSE for 300-400 will do, but its a refined one.
- I wish there were some better shortcuts, like to change in interior lighting brightness at night (which I tend to do a lot) is painful. There is no adjust knob, and the item is buried 3 menus deep AND is grayed out when the car is moving. This is my only gripe so far. So you can see there isn't much negative to say.

I'm kind of sorry I have to put it away right now, we will be having minor winter event and of course they will coat the roads with chemicals and I am still in that phase where I am NOT doing that to this car.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Congratulations and wow does Gentian Blue just pop in the sun! Great impressions and mirrors what other owners have said so far.

You mentioned having owned other EVs before, which ones I'm curious?

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations and wow does Gentian Blue just pop in the sun! Great impressions and mirrors what other owners have said so far.

You mentioned having owned other EVs before, which ones I'm curious?
I have owned/own Nissan Leaf (original), BMW i3, BMW i8, Chevy Bolt, Tesla Roadster and Jaguar I-Pace.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi everyone:

• It is a beast like to other EV I have owner so far, but that is not surprising.
  • It is surgical precision, in both drivetrain, suspension and handling. I do have the PDCC and for me I wouldn't do without it at this trim level. At 4S I would probably skip.
  • Interior is absolutely first rate. Everything from fit and finish, to screens, to even the graphics are near perfect. And I say this as someone who is rather picky about this. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I have never been a fan of Porsche interiors, they were ok. This is Audi grade refined.
  • NO ONE needs the Turbo/Turbo S speeds unless you just want to bragging rights or want to take it to the track. There are no roads in US that require this car (well maybe very few). It is WAY overkill for a daily drive, the 4S is simply overkill! :)
  • I haven't pushed the car too much yet as I don't have enough experience and it has been around 45-50F but it already matches or maybe exceeds the Alfa 4C and the i8.
  • The nice surprise was the mobility charger (and the car) actually can charge at 9KWHr (vs 5-7 typical for most other cars) assuming you install a 50A 240 circuit. Not needed but a nice to have (I already have 2 7KW EVSEs in my garage). The mobility charger, which I would not have bought, is actually worthwhile, as it has a web interface, nice display, and better functionality. Again, not necessary, any 7KW EVSE for 300-400 will do, but its a refined one.
  • I wish there were some better shortcuts, like to change in interior lighting brightness at night (which I tend to do a lot) is painful. There is no adjust knob, and the item is buried 3 menus deep AND is grayed out when the car is moving. This is my only gripe so far. So you can see there isn't much negative to say.

FrontQuarter.jpg
Front.jpg
Side.jpg
Rear.jpg

Beautiful car! Congratulations! I am not jealous at all? ;)

That is a very nice colour when you see it like that in the sun. And I love your wheels.
I hope you will find the time to give some feedback when the weather allows you to take the beast out for a spin. I have read a lot about the drive and feeling of the car and think that is fantastic. But my main interest is the efficiency and the range. I am biased since my main aim for this car is long distance travelling. I truly hope Taycan can deliver this since the looks and the drivability all point that way. Porsche’s are designed to be driven long and fast. Not as daily crawler in major traffic jams in my view.

Happy motoring!

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As for range/charging (I apologize if you already have had EVs and know this): its complicated. If you have not had an EV I suggest start now by turning on your ICE Distance To Empty display when you fill up. You will start realizing how much of a guess it truly is depending on your driving style, elevation changes, even temperature which changes air density. This is simple physics but in gas cars we don't think about it. Same applies to EVs, and unfortunately people focus on what we affectionately call "Guess-O-Meter" of miles. It is really a guess based on many factors and there is no right guess. Focus on the state of charge instead.

So at 7KWHr you should be getting around 8.5% of charge per hour (I think usable batter is around 87 KWHr for bigger battery). And depending on driving style your range will VASTLY vary. Another major factor is temperature, cold means less battery capacity AND higher air drag. So in winters seeing 30% drop in total range is completely normal for most EVs.

The KWHrs/mile (or miles/KWHr, we can't seem to decide which makes more sense!) is a measure of your efficiency. I am guessing in range mode, in moderate weather (say 50-80) the bigger battery should deliver 240 mile range. But in winter that may be more 180. Another big factor is heat/cooling. If you have the option precondition before departure and that will save a bit of battery while plugged it to get the cabin heated/cooled. And finally the battery preconditioning (assuming the car is not in conditioned space) will help in the cold to improve the total capacity.

So its not simply, but I would guess typically at 7KWHr you should be getting 17-20 mile of range per hour. If you can do the 9KWHr mobile charger that number will be more 19-22. But your mileage may vary (pun intended).

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

- It is a beast like to other EV I have owner so far, but that is not surprising.
- It ABSOLUTELY hides it mass very well.
- It is surgical precision, in both drivetrain, suspension and handling. I do have the PDCC and for me I wouldn't do without it at this trim level. At 4S I would probably skip.
- Interior is absolutely first rate. Everything from fit and finish, to screens, to even the graphics are near perfect. And I say this as someone who is rather picky about this. Please do not take this the wrong way, but I have never been a fan of Porsche interiors, they were ok. This is Audi grade refined.
- NO ONE needs the Turbo/Turbo S speeds unless you just want to bragging rights or want to take it to the track. There are no roads in US that require this car (well maybe very few). It is WAY overkill for a daily drive, the 4S is simply overkill! :)
- I haven't pushed the car too much yet as I don't have enough experience and it has been around 45-50F but it already matches or maybe exceeds the Alfa 4C and the i8.
- The nice surprise was the mobility charger (and the car) actually can charge at 9KWHr (vs 5-7 typical for most other cars) assuming you install a 50A 240 circuit. Not needed but a nice to have (I already have 2 7KW EVSEs in my garage). The mobility charger, which I would not have bought, is actually worthwhile, as it has a web interface, nice display, and better functionality. Again, not necessary, any 7KW EVSE for 300-400 will do, but its a refined one.
- I wish there were some better shortcuts, like to change in interior lighting brightness at night (which I tend to do a lot) is painful. There is no adjust knob, and the item is buried 3 menus deep AND is grayed out when the car is moving. This is my only gripe so far. So you can see there isn't much negative to say.

You mentioned roads, did you do an paint protection film on it?

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Hi everyone:

FrontQuarter.jpg
Front.jpg
Side.jpg
Rear.jpg
Can you program the interior light option to one of the "diamond" buttons as a preset?

Shoey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Diesel, Cayman GTS, BMW i3
Country flag
Simply stunning! How have you found the ride quality compared to your other vehicles?

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No I am not a fan of film protection, ceramic coating is great. But they all have a slight yellowing effect which is not good for blue or white cars (on the other hand on Mamba green it would make it even richer). I just use high quality wax and wishful thinking.

I do not believe I can program the brightness, there is a shortcut where you can change the ambient color, and you can use voice command to change the ambient lighting level. But I am talking about the “master” brightness that effects all displays and interior lighting. That one is the one that is a pain.

The ride quality is very very good. In Comfort it is like a very sport sedan, responsive but eats up bumps. In Sport/Sport+ you immediately feel it tighten up, feel the road more, I can’t tell you how much more handling it gains yet, I only pushed a few corners I know well in Sports+. There is a nasty 15 mph hairpin that I can top out at 45-50 in other cars and I pushed the Taycan to 45 and it simply didn’t care it, it just spun around it (and this was at 45F so bad for stickiness). And other cars have summer tires, this is all season.

The Alfa is a mechanical sports car, the ride is tight but not harsh and perfectly center balanced, it simply “spins.” The Taycan is closest to that, and I am not sure how much of it is simply the car and how much does 4 wheel steering help. The i8 in Sport is like a softer version of the Taycan in Sport, and its overall chassis is not meant to be Taycan level handling, The Jaguar is a little top heavy, it can handle and the lean is controlled, but the Taycan feels every bit as “low” in weight as the Alfa, maybe even lower.

sneksis911

First Name
Wald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG GT, XC90R
Country flag
Awesome car. Just ordered the Turbo. After reading all the range EPA articles I am really curious what you get when you drive it "normally for a Taycan". Can you share hi and low ranges when you get a chance?

OP
OP

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will be happy to, but I have a feeling it will be a little while before I drive it “normally.” I am driving it aggressively and I am seeing around 200 miles, so if I had to guess 220 to 240 is doable depending on “normal” driving and temperature.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I will be happy to, but I have a feeling it will be a little while before I drive it “normally.” I am driving it aggressively and I am seeing around 200 miles, so if I had to guess 220 to 240 is doable depending on “normal” driving and temperature.
Congratulations, I think the number one question across the forum will be on range.

I'd like to know what launch control and acceleration are like in regular sports mode as I didn't order sports chrono.

I also heard the electronic sound is different in sports compared with sports +

Did you receive the new connect+ charger, I believe it has wifi so any screen shots much appreciated

Any feedback on the innodrive if you have it would be great, the self steering at low speeds etc.

Best
Sponsored