Chalk

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chalk Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
New owner of a Taycan Turbo S here and I wanted to share a few tips that I noticed while playing around. Maybe these are well known but it took me a while to figure some of these out.

On the control panel, you can pull down on the tab in the middle, which exposes shortcuts at the top. These are really handy since the PCM menus are convoluted. Also really handy to be able to jump right into CarPlay (rightmost button).

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions IMG_7976

The home button can be pressed a second time to show a multi-window (se picture below). By selecting the three dots on the lower right corner the specific things in the windows can be changed. I like to put the Burmester settings and ambient lights here because I use CarPlay for navigation and music.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions IMG_7978

The Taycan (and maybe other Porsches) comes with a tire inflator! It's in the hood compartment on the right hand side under a pop out panel. It plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a pressure gauge. I used it to level up the pressure on my Tesla Model S ;)

When reversing the right hand side mirror was pointing way up. I turned off the feature that changed the mirrors when reversing, but then I realized you can just adjust the mirror position when reversing and it will remember that next time.

Coasting is a really good idea. In my Tesla Model S, braking regen is pretty aggressive even in its least aggressive mode. I find that I end up adjusting the accelerator constantly to maintain good distance and speed. In the Taycan I can just take my foot off the accelerator and maintain speed for a long time. Regen and adjusting constantly is inherently less efficient than coasting for a long time. Superficially optimizing for regen is the wrong idea for humans with imperfect feedback control.

When I first received my Taycan there was a flaw that caused poor acceleration and the only noticeable problem in the dash was the Precool/Preheat showed a System Error. It turns out it was a bad solenoid; if precool/preheat shows and error and you think "so what, I don't use that anyway"... don't ignore it.

Anybody else have favorite secret tips?

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here's one I just discovered yesterday.

On the right "tube" on the display, you can select different items to appear like Media, Navigation, Trips, and Info. If you select Trips, I learned you can reset the trip data by clicking the roller button (be sure not to roll it as it will move to a different parameter) and from there you can reset your trip data easily and quickly rather than diving into the PCM where the reset is buried deep within the convoluted menu system. This is probably a "Duh, Dude" for you long-timers, but for me, it's a revelation!

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions F488F65A-C3B2-470F-B05E-C17DD5FF2CD6_1_100_o

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions 9992943A-744D-44E6-BD8C-3CE02881A668_1_100_o

Porsche Taycan Taycan Secret Tips and Functions D9CF4326-611F-4D70-B60A-51B49BC0B598_1_100_o

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice! Most things are known to people of had the Taycan for a while, but thanks for posting! I did not know about the inflator. I know previous Porsches had that

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
The inflator is a good one. The only time I visited a gas station in my Tesla was to top off my tires, maybe this means I won't have to in the Taycan :)

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Thanks for all the great info posted above! Really cool tricks, looking forward to trying these out soon.

I apologize if 99% of Taycan owners already are aware of this feature, but I just discovered it by accident earlier this week.

I knew about the rear trunk/boot handless open feature (where you wave your foot around the underside of the trunk area) to pop open the power lift gate. On mine, it's fussy, but it works.

While gently washing my 4S this week, I was wiping near the front nose of the car with a soft cloth, on the top of the bumper area near the Porsche logo. *POP!* The front trunk opened! No fob, no menus. I was happily surprised about that unknown feature (to me).

A cousin of mine with a Cayenne said her vehicle had that feature, but I didn't know the Taycan did. Just my thoughts.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for all the great info posted above! Really cool tricks, looking forward to trying these out soon.

I apologize if 99% of Taycan owners already are aware of this feature, but I just discovered it by accident earlier this week.

I knew about the rear trunk/boot handless open feature (where you wave your foot around the underside of the trunk area) to pop open the power lift gate. On mine, it's fussy, but it works.

While gently washing my 4S this week, I was wiping near the front nose of the car with a soft cloth, on the top of the bumper area near the Porsche logo. *POP!* The front trunk opened! No fob, no menus. I was happily surprised about that unknown feature (to me).

A cousin of mine with a Cayenne said her vehicle had that feature, but I didn't know the Taycan did. Just my thoughts.
I actually take my key out of my pocket when I wash my car for exactly that reason :) Was too annoying to deal with the frunk popping open all the time.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nice! Most things are known to people of had the Taycan for a while, but thanks for posting! I did not know about the inflator. I know previous Porsches had that
Inflator is an optional extra along with the first aid kit for certain markets - UK being one.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag

What triggers it?

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
On the control panel, you can pull down on the tab in the middle, which exposes shortcuts at the top. These are really handy since the PCM menus are convoluted. Also really handy to be able to jump right into CarPlay (rightmost button).

IMG_7976.png
Ok, I must be dumb, but I can't find the "tab" to get this to work. Can anyone enlighten me?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Inflator is an optional extra along with the first aid kit for certain markets - UK being one.
Standard in US spec vehicles. Interesting it's optional for ROW but US spec doesn't get window open/close with keyfob feature.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC