Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone have any suggestions on getting a authorized Porsche Wheel and Tire Protection Plan?
The dealer charges are over 3k.
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Anyone have any suggestions on getting a authorized Porsche Wheel and Tire Protection Plan?
The dealer charges are over 3k.
I passed on this when I picked my car up. Have had prior 911s and never had a problem with the tires or wheels........other than I became very skilled at wearing the tires out prematurely. ? Purchased the Mission E wheels on my 4s and I just can't imagine that these wheels are any different and should be problem free.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I purchased the plan for my last car. The wheels were black and ended up with a small stone chip so I figured I would use it. The dealership first had a company repair on site. Looked terrible. Then they had the company take my wheel off and repair it at their shop. It was better but still not factory like. I had to pitch a fit to get them to replace the rim, which they ultimately did. I swore I would never purchase that package again.

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I purchased theplan and i may have the first tire problem. Will update when possible

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Some people don't know this, but you can drive your new car over to Discount Tire and buy their tire insurance from them, even if didn't buy the tires from them. They will gladly sell it to you. It's FAR FAR cheaper than the dealer, but of course only covers the tires. But that does cover you for nails, etc. that you would get. I think I paid about $250 for all four tires on my 911 for the life of the tire.

OP
OP

Sampocketpc

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Some people don't know this, but you can drive your new car over to Discount Tire and buy their tire insurance from them, even if didn't buy the tires from them. They will gladly sell it to you. It's FAR FAR cheaper than the dealer, but of course only covers the tires. But that does cover you for nails, etc. that you would get. I think I paid about $250 for all four tires on my 911 for the life of the tire.
Great to know I might take a ride out there this weekend.
I can’t justify paying 3k at a dealer.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have it. They have already replaced two of my tires. Lots of construction and home remodeling around here; screws everywhere!

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do they only warranty the work to be done at Discount Tires, though? I'm not sure I would trust my local branches on a Porsche...

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I have it. They have already replaced two of my tires. Lots of construction and home remodeling around here; screws everywhere!
Bought it from the dealer as well for the exact same reasons. Too many tire punctures in the past few years. And the wheels covered just in case....

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Do they only warranty the work to be done at Discount Tires, though? I'm not sure I would trust my local branches on a Porsche...
Yes, you are buying a warranty on the tires from Discount Tire, so you would have to get the tire repaired or replaced at Discount Tire.

I have never had an issue at Discount Tire. They work on high end cars all the time, and tires is all they do. I would rather have them work on my tires than a Porsche mechanic who only changes tires 10% of the time.

$.02

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So it's the Dealer itself replacing the tires, not a third party. Good to know. My front passenger tire has been losing some air the past week and I'm due for the software update this Friday, might as well get it replaced....

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, you are buying a warranty on the tires from Discount Tire, so you would have to get the tire repaired or replaced at Discount Tire.

I have never had an issue at Discount Tire. They work on high end cars all the time, and tires is all they do. I would rather have them work on my tires than a Porsche mechanic who only changes tires 10% of the time.

$.02
Do the replace the tire if it has a nail (as required by Porsche cost of $300-500 per tire) or do they just patch it (cost of $20)?