Ordered back in May, still haven't been given a way to track build progress?

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Pretty much what it says in the subject.
My wife and I ordered a 4S back in May, along with deposit, etc.
Dealer here in CT had said they got an allocation for a build with an August delivery, but that slipped to September within a few weeks of us ordering.
I've checked in a couple of times and the dealer says it's on track for that September delivery.
But unlike many of you, I've never gotten a way to track the progress of the build, despite asking the dealer for it a few times.
I don't want to harass these folks, but it sort of has me a bit spooked?
Why would Porsche send out tracking info for some orders but not others? Did they forget to "check a box" for me or something?

Anyway, very much looking forward to joining the club of Taycan owners in September.
This will be my wife's daily driver as I'm a current Tesla owner with a very short commute.

Thanks for any intel.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I never received anything like that either (I received my car a year ago). I was actually waffling on the purchase during the summer, so part of me was even thinking that I would decline the car. It just suddenly showed up in August. Looking back, it was a lot easier than wanting it and waiting. Sorry, no intel.

OP
OP

websterama

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
I never received anything like that either (I received my car a year ago). I was actually waffling on the purchase during the summer, so part of me was even thinking that I would decline the car. It just suddenly showed up in August. Looking back, it was a lot easier than wanting it and waiting. Sorry, no intel.
Ha! I've told myself that a few times. Like a watched pot that never boils, staring at a "build tracker" every 12 hours would get pretty old pretty fast.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I've been told that the dealer needs to do something to activate Track Your Dream. I would call and ask him to enable it for you. In your shoes, I would have exactly your same worries.

Also, under no circumstances should you feel uncomfortable or pushy about asking questions of your salesman. This is his job; he is literally paid to assist you with your purchase. This would be true if you were buying a Honda Fit, and it's definitely true since you are buying a six-figure Porsche.

TYD is pretty neat, but it has the side effect of increased visibility into the sausage-making process that is manufacturing a complex vehicle. The time it takes Porsche to make the car is unaffected by TYD, but it definitely does affect how you feel about the time it takes.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Dealer here in CT had said they got an allocation for a build with an August delivery, but that slipped to September within a few weeks of us ordering.
I've checked in a couple of times and the dealer says it's on track for that September delivery.
But unlike many of you, I've never gotten a way to track the progress of the build, despite asking the dealer for it a few times.
Why would Porsche send out tracking info for some orders but not others? Did they forget to "check a box" for me or something?

Anyway, very much looking forward to joining the club of Taycan owners in September.
This will be my wife's daily driver as I'm a current Tesla owner with a very short commute.

Thanks for any intel.
Do you have a Commission number?

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thanks for any intel.
Ask the dealer to enter it in with Porsche to trigger the TYD, or you can even call Porsche CS and have them do it. Even if they do everything on their end though, it won't show up in the system until you have a commission #, etc.. Mine only got a commission number about a month after my order. It's possible that you're not at that stage yet and the dealer didn't really have an allocation yet (and was selling you a future one). There are also a lot of delays that have cropped out since May that might be affecting things.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag

Thanks for any intel.
You should have received an email like the screen shot I attached. It will be to the email you gave the dealer. I had a Porsche ID (no cars on it) with a different email and they do not link. So make sure you have the same email. When you click the red button it takes you to the Track Your Dream and it will automatically show on the Porsche website when you login. The same as on your phone with the "My Porsche Essentials (dumb name)" app.

I had to keep asking my salesman. Took awhile to get, but I Read that if you call the 800 number they might be able to push out the email.
Porsche Taycan Ordered back in May, still haven't been given a way to track build progress? TYDemail

J-ATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Just an FYI, I originally ordered my car back in May as well with an out of town dealership because the SA told me they had an August delivery allocation.. I didn’t get a TYD link for over a month, I kept asking for it and the SA finally told me the truth, he didn’t actually order my car, he just took the deposit and was waiting for an actual allocation. I got mad and cancel the order. I reached out to my local dealership here in Atlanta. Ordered a 2022 and got the TYD link within 24 hours…If were you, I would call the SA until he can get you a link

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you have a commission number, then you have an actual allocation.

If your order was placed with your email address, then you will be enrolled in Track Your Dream and the vehicle is associated with your Porsche online account.

I had a similar issue where the dealer submitted my email address incorrectly and I waited weeks without receiving a TYD link. I called Porsche directly with my commission number to get this resolved. Number is: +1 (800) 767-7243

I didn’t bother talking to the dealer again because I don’t trust them to actually resolve the issue. It’s in the Porsche Corp system now so I’d rather speak directly to them.

Warning… support staff may not know what to do. They’re nice but clearly aren’t trained specifically about this issue. I called almost every day for about a week to push this forward (get a case number!) Support needs to contact someone to get you enrolled in the TYD program. This associates a commission number to your Porsche account so you can view build progress.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Your salesperson can screen cap the screen and from there you can see all the V-codes, and see where things are at. At least that's what we did before TYD existed. :)

At least you have a commission number, so you have an actual order.
Sponsored