Has anyone successfully updated a FOD for their Taycan?

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
As the subject says wondering if anyone has been able to successfully use the Function on demand (FOD) to add a new feature to their Taycan? Currently spec'ing mine and I'm leaving out the InnoDrive (but have ACC) so I can add it later if I think its required, but wanted to make sure it's actually possible and someone has had success doing it.
Sponsored

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I asked this question of the salesperson and he said "you cannot add Innodrive later because there is hardware that must be installed." I don't know if that is true and would love to hear from others. With the Tesla you can always have them turn on autonomous driving, no extra hardware needed. I don't trust my sales guy knows this car....

Armyav8tor

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yes, FOD Innodrive and Active Lane Keep is available if you have Active Cruise Control. I am in the trial period of ALK now and will probably pay the full price of it. Have not tried Innodrive yet….

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Have had the trials of both for nearly three months & will be pulling out the CC soon.

“First you get the ACC, then you get the ALK, then you get the Innodrive” - T. Montana

Then you get the bill.

Would be nice if those showed up on Carfax or the build sheet retroactively.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
As the subject says wondering if anyone has been able to successfully use the Function on demand (FOD) to add a new feature to their Taycan? Currently spec'ing mine and I'm leaving out the InnoDrive (but have ACC) so I can add it later if I think its required, but wanted to make sure it's actually possible and someone has had success doing it.
My car had ACC, I added ALK and Innodrive via the FoD web page.
After a visit to the PC, the options were active and used them ever since.
I do switch off Innodrive (stalk down) before a round-about when on a navigation route, I think the car slows down too soon and to harsh.
I accelerate out of a round about myself, switch on Innodrive again(stalk up) and the car will accelerate to the speed it is set to.
It's a pity the car isn't learning from our driving spirit :)
Oh, and if the car is not responding to the stalk after a visit to the PC, press the little button on the end of the stalk :oops:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You must have ACC factory fit to add the others.

FoD will work - it wouldn't be advertised if not.

I don't have ACC and therefore no Innodrive but have driven Porsche's with both. Personally, I wouldn't spec Innodrive (we like to drive ourselves, right?) and I don't like tail-gating folk and so ACC is not something I'd use either. The one part of ACC I do like is the automatic tensioning of seat belts when pulling away from a standstill as it gives a special piece of reassurance. Shame you can't just have this either as standard or as an option.

FoD (with ACC factory fitted) affords you the 'try before you buy' option but I guess is more expensive as a result.

KenTO

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have ordered ALK from the Porsche Connect Store but the website keeps telling me activation in progress, says it can take up to 10 minutes but it's been stuck on this for almost a week, frustrating to say the least.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I don't have ACC and therefore no Innodrive but have driven Porsche's with both. Personally, I wouldn't spec Innodrive (we like to drive ourselves, right?) and I don't like tail-gating folk and so ACC is not something I'd use either. The one part of ACC I do like is the automatic tensioning of seat belts when pulling away from a standstill as it gives a special piece of reassurance. Shame you can't just have this either as standard or as an option.

FoD (with ACC factory fitted) affords you the 'try before you buy' option but I guess is more expensive as a result.
You can configure the follow distance with ACC. At normal follow distances, it doesn't tail gate at all, in fact it drives much like a normal person both in traffic and at highway speeds.

The automatic seat belt tensioning is part of the ACC package? That's strange, I wonder why? Having the seat belt tighten the first time I drove the car was a pleasant surprise, I figured it was standard.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You can configure the follow distance with ACC. At normal follow distances, it doesn't tail gate at all, in fact it drives much like a normal person both in traffic and at highway speeds.

The automatic seat belt tensioning is part of the ACC package? That's strange, I wonder why? Having the seat belt tighten the first time I drove the car was a pleasant surprise, I figured it was standard.
I know - I've used before and was a little tongue in cheek.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
You must have ACC factory fit to add the others.

FoD will work - it wouldn't be advertised if not.

It is advertised and it DOESN'T work.

I've tried FoD for the past 4 weeks, and I get this error:

Porsche Taycan Has anyone successfully updated a FOD for their Taycan? _P2

And it is a fallicy to assume that just because something is "advertised" that it is going to work.

Diet Coke was advertised as guilt free and now is linked to obesity. Thousands of other examples exist. Shall I continue?

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have ordered ALK from the Porsche Connect Store but the website keeps telling me activation in progress, says it can take up to 10 minutes but it's been stuck on this for almost a week, frustrating to say the least.
Make an appointment with the PC. They can fix it.
I had the same, everything worked after a visit to the PC.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So just picked up the car today and tried to activate the Innodrive and ALK through the Porsche Connect store but it's greyed out stating that: "This service is available only after vehicle delivery."

Anyone have any ideas? Has the dealer not done something correctly?

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
So just picked up the car today and tried to activate the Innodrive and ALK through the Porsche Connect store but it's greyed out stating that: "This service is available only after vehicle delivery."

Anyone have any ideas? Has the dealer not done something correctly?
Dealer might have not yet marked the vehicle as delivered in the Porsche system yet. If you check Track Your Dream, is the car shown as delivered?

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dealer might have not yet marked the vehicle as delivered in the Porsche system yet. If you check Track Your Dream, is the car shown as delivered?
You got a link to where I can see that? In the Porsche Connect it shows as one of my vehicles...

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And if by magic they are now available for me to select! Happy days!
Sponsored