Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

taycanfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
For where I am I do not need to charge at home and the cost of redoing electrical and installing to have optimized charging is simply not worth it when I am 2 minutes away from a super charger. But happy to give you a great price on an unused Porsche connect if you want one ?
Thanks- PM me if it works on the one I ordered if you want to sell and the same, etc..Thanks for the great feedback also

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi guys, I thought I would share my experience of first couple of weeks with my Taycan. Went on an epic road trip to Yosemite.

Months of reading through this forum had me a little worried about potential issues with 12v batteries, PCM, electrify America… but here was my experience:

1/this car is amazing
2/no range anxiety ever (with battery +). Had zero issues with Electrify America and it is magical looking at the car add 5-6 miles per minute for free (plug and charge worked flawlessly). I did not track precisely but my range was way way longer than advertised as has been reported often.
3/ my RWD is (very) heavily optioned and I learnt to love just about every single box I ticked when configuring despite the cost (more on these later)
4/this car is amazing
5/only issue with the car so far is the PCM sometimes losing the favorite addresses stored (and one blue circle that would not go away on screen that was resolved with the two finger in corner of center panel hack that reboots PCM into engineering mode)
6/the speed of the RWD is plenty. Even with agressive driving you are never close to maxing out as instantly above any speed limit. Yes a bit more of a kick off the line would be fun but I felt happy with using the money for making the interior and tech top notch and the driving pleasure of the RWD is just as good as reviewers had said
7/ this car is amazing
8/ took me a while to figure out how to remove Porsche planning as it was not allowing me to charge battery as much as I wanted. Example of tech thinking it is smarter than you.
9/ compared to a Tesla the lack of regen is just a joy to drive with. Such a better feel for the road to drive like an ICE car.

so now onto the options

innodrive: this is the worst explained option and I was so close to not taking it and in fact my first times using I hated it (freeway) and then I figured out how to use it properly. Incredible. Let me explain. Like you I want a Porsche for the pleasure of driving. But many times - especially when in Yosemite - you are single lane on windy roads. This is where Innodrive excels. You have to remove the speed limit recognition and set the speed on the stalk some 5 to 10 miles above speed limit (and adjust via stalk by pulling towards you or pushing away when speed limits change) Typically you will catch up with car in front and then adaptative cruise control keeps nice distance and pace with car in front giving a great sense of added security in case someone slows down when you are not expecting) It takes turns beautifully 95% of the time. The amazing thing is that you are still driving and have a sentiment of steering especially when above speed limit as it takes some turns pretty agressively and you very much want your hands on the wheel, but the car is adjusting for topography and dealing with acceleration and guiding you along the road in a way that is more fun than controlling. I loved switching in and out of this depending on road conditions (taking over manually when road wide open). I had one epic 20 miles just outside the park at night with no cars on wide road with long curves that was a true piloting dream where I was very very happy to go above what innodrive would have let me do ;)

heads up display: I have actually dedicate the on wheel shortcut for this. It is great when approaching turns and you want it with innodrive to see instantly that the car has not lost the lanes. I find it a bit distracting at night and like to be able to run it off when on a longer stretch of road. I am happy to have taken this option that I agonized over.

3D cameras: i have seen a lot of conplaints on the rear cameras. When fully optioned the 3D camera where you canswivel around is pretty awesome. Love that.

passenger screen: makes the car look great and was constantly used during the road trip by passenger for music and secondary view of route and planning. Could have more options. Annoying that many of sub menus of PCM are locked when driving that could be opened up to passenger.

night view assist: looks great and super fun when trying to make sure we don’t miss a bear or a deer on the side of windy road. A bit of a luxury and does not change the driving experience but I like it.

Massage seats: the shiatsu mode is my favorite. It is really nice but not good at reaching my shoulder area due to position of head rest and would really need some on flat area of the seat to be optimal. Again gives sense of total luxury but could have lived without. It is one of those things that people who get in the car say “wow” about however.

sunroof: amazing for back passengers when travelling in such beautiful landscape. They loved having the rear control of the AC and again it just looks good to have screen there)

Aloe leather seats ( beige) and paleo wood: feel and look awesome. Everything is just right. Loved the Bose sound system, ambient lighting and 14 way power seats. Did I mention before that this car is amazing?

rear axle steering: cannot compare what it would be without it but any less turning radius would be an issue. Same for PASM amd Porsche vectoring. Felt great but not sure what it would be like without. My sense is that all of these are a big plus.

powe folding mirrors, light puddle and port covers. None are required but all great to have and full sense of luxury and driving a very special vehicle.

sports sound: I personally did not see the value in this. Was actually shocked despite my insulating glass (that I am very happy I took as I imagine it would be way worse otherwise) how aware i was of the noise of the car without the sport sound.
Parking assist: completely useless

Porsche connect: I knew I wouldn’t want this and annoyed at myself at having given in and now have a massive useless set of cables and charger I will likely never need given electrify America everywhere I need it.

refrigerated case that plugs into 12v rear trunk. Never seen anyone talk about this. Great add-on that my dealer ended up throwing in along with cover. Great for trips.

and yes you guys guessed my conclusion: this car is AMAZING ?

a few pics from road trip (even if by then car was pretty dirty):

617F76E8-EBB1-41DF-9BD7-08CEE235B144.jpeg
51E64E54-5AAF-49EC-BA8B-4CE93AB27716.jpeg
19E99ADF-0C82-47FC-B607-F3230E16F69A.jpeg
08374BC1-0078-4C46-896E-9453B24B9E11.jpeg
58E7F288-BBFB-4E4D-B9C2-FC4EC02FF649.jpeg
3181F098-F611-438F-BE7A-FE5709AE3030.jpeg
A71111AB-6424-412C-9E52-31770DECFF8F.jpeg
Just curious, as it was a bit ambiguous in your post. Did you think the car was amazing?

Jokes aside, great photos, and great write up. Always great to see people loving the car, enjoy!

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Love this review! Thanks for sharing.

Still confused about Innodrive. I will FOD it, but living on large freeways in Florida, I don't know if needed based on this review of twisty roads.

What are Aloe leather seats?

This cast some doubt on getting the massage chairs and electric sport sound. I am 6'4" so you make a good point about not getting shoulders, but damn, it does seem like a "wow" factor I would be kicking myself for not getting.

Still think I will skip HUD since I wear sunglasses during day and don't want visual distraction at night, and my wife thinks getting the passenger display is insane (so don't want to push my luck there)

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Agreed re: HUD.
Massage chairs: nothing special. (I'm almost 2m).
Aloe leather: hard to explain, but it's something different.
I believe you'll be sorry if you'll find out the difference with other types of leather and "leather"...

For passenger's display, you can always say that's part of standard interior :giggle:

OP
OP
Zillion27

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
Love this review! Thanks for sharing.

Still confused about Innodrive. I will FOD it, but living on large freeways in Florida, I don't know if needed based on this review of twisty roads.

What are Aloe leather seats?
My sense is that on freeway if you just want some help to manage traffic in jams in freeway you are probably fine with just ACC (Adapative Cruise Control) and innodrive just gets in the way.

Olea leather is the Porsche top of the line. Pretty sure their standard leather is great. I selected just because the Atacama beige color was the only one my wife wanted ?

Last edited:

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
So regarding the massage seats, what are people's opinion about comfort+massage seats vs the 18-way sport seats? Would you rather have opted for them instead over the massage feature?

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
So regarding the massage seats, what are people's opinion about comfort+massage seats vs the 18-way sport seats? Would you rather have opted for them instead over the massage feature?
I purchased the 18 way seats and wouldn't have it any other way. I did not 'try' the massage seats at the dealership knowing that there was no decision to be made - at least for myself. I really like the 18 way seat and side bolsters and the way that they hold you in the seat during tight cornering.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Massage seats are not a game changer but 14 or 18 way seats are. I have a loaner 4S with "base" seats and they are not as comfortable as my car with 14-way.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
OP mentioned that 3D camera was great. I presume he meant the Surround View 3D. However, he also mentioned that Remote Park Assist is useless. Is there a way to get Surround View 3D without being forced to select the Remote Park Assist feature?

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
Hi guys, I thought I would share my experience of first couple of weeks with my Taycan. Went on an epic road trip to Yosemite.

Months of reading through this forum had me a little worried about potential issues with 12v batteries, PCM, electrify America… but here was my experience:

1/this car is amazing
2/no range anxiety ever (with battery +). Had zero issues with Electrify America and it is magical looking at the car add 5-6 miles per minute for free (plug and charge worked flawlessly). I did not track precisely but my range was way way longer than advertised as has been reported often.
3/ my RWD is (very) heavily optioned and I learnt to love just about every single box I ticked when configuring despite the cost (more on these later)
4/this car is amazing
5/only issue with the car so far is the PCM sometimes losing the favorite addresses stored (and one blue circle that would not go away on screen that was resolved with the two finger in corner of center panel hack that reboots PCM into engineering mode)
6/the speed of the RWD is plenty. Even with agressive driving you are never close to maxing out as instantly above any speed limit. Yes a bit more of a kick off the line would be fun but I felt happy with using the money for making the interior and tech top notch and the driving pleasure of the RWD is just as good as reviewers had said
7/ this car is amazing
8/ took me a while to figure out how to remove Porsche planning as it was not allowing me to charge battery as much as I wanted. Example of tech thinking it is smarter than you.
9/ compared to a Tesla the lack of regen is just a joy to drive with. Such a better feel for the road to drive like an ICE car.

so now onto the options

innodrive: this is the worst explained option and I was so close to not taking it and in fact my first times using I hated it (freeway) and then I figured out how to use it properly. Incredible. Let me explain. Like you I want a Porsche for the pleasure of driving. But many times - especially when in Yosemite - you are single lane on windy roads. This is where Innodrive excels. You have to remove the speed limit recognition and set the speed on the stalk some 5 to 10 miles above speed limit (and adjust via stalk by pulling towards you or pushing away when speed limits change) Typically you will catch up with car in front and then adaptative cruise control keeps nice distance and pace with car in front giving a great sense of added security in case someone slows down when you are not expecting) It takes turns beautifully 95% of the time. The amazing thing is that you are still driving and have a sentiment of steering especially when above speed limit as it takes some turns pretty agressively and you very much want your hands on the wheel, but the car is adjusting for topography and dealing with acceleration and guiding you along the road in a way that is more fun than controlling. I loved switching in and out of this depending on road conditions (taking over manually when road wide open). I had one epic 20 miles just outside the park at night with no cars on wide road with long curves that was a true piloting dream where I was very very happy to go above what innodrive would have let me do ;)

heads up display: I have actually dedicate the on wheel shortcut for this. It is great when approaching turns and you want it with innodrive to see instantly that the car has not lost the lanes. I find it a bit distracting at night and like to be able to run it off when on a longer stretch of road. I am happy to have taken this option that I agonized over.

3D cameras: i have seen a lot of conplaints on the rear cameras. When fully optioned the 3D camera where you canswivel around is pretty awesome. Love that.

passenger screen: makes the car look great and was constantly used during the road trip by passenger for music and secondary view of route and planning. Could have more options. Annoying that many of sub menus of PCM are locked when driving that could be opened up to passenger.

night view assist: looks great and super fun when trying to make sure we don’t miss a bear or a deer on the side of windy road. A bit of a luxury and does not change the driving experience but I like it.

Massage seats: the shiatsu mode is my favorite. It is really nice but not good at reaching my shoulder area due to position of head rest and would really need some on flat area of the seat to be optimal. Again gives sense of total luxury but could have lived without. It is one of those things that people who get in the car say “wow” about however.

sunroof: amazing for back passengers when travelling in such beautiful landscape. They loved having the rear control of the AC and again it just looks good to have screen there)

Olea leather seats ( beige) and paleo wood: feel and look awesome. Everything is just right. Loved the Bose sound system, ambient lighting and 14 way power seats. Did I mention before that this car is amazing?

rear axle steering: cannot compare what it would be without it but any less turning radius would be an issue. Same for PASM amd Porsche vectoring. Felt great but not sure what it would be like without. My sense is that all of these are a big plus.

powe folding mirrors, light puddle and port covers. None are required but all great to have and full sense of luxury and driving a very special vehicle.

sports sound: I personally did not see the value in this. Was actually shocked despite my insulating glass (that I am very happy I took as I imagine it would be way worse otherwise) how aware i was of the noise of the car without the sport sound.

Porsche connect: I knew I wouldn’t want this and annoyed at myself at having given in and now have a massive useless set of cables and charger I will likely never need given electrify America everywhere I need it.

refrigerated case that plugs into 12v rear trunk. Never seen anyone talk about this. Great add-on that my dealer ended up throwing in along with cover. Great for trips.

Great write up and very nice photos, thanks

LXSC

First Name
GTS Tycoon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S - BMW I8, Soon Cherry Tycan GTS
Country flag

1/this car is amazing
4/this car is amazing
7/ this car is amazing

so now onto the options

Olea leather seats ( beige) and paleo wood: feel and look awesome. Everything is just right. Loved the Bose sound system, ambient lighting and 14 way power seats. Did I mention before that this car is amazing?

Great Pictures. Di you go to Oakhurst and did the Electrify America chargers work >