• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

TeslaTap Mini 60 Amp GROUP BUY

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Awesome. Will it work on any flavor or only the 60a?
Not sure I fully understand the question, but this should work on any combo of car + charger EXCEPT in the setting of the car has a double AC charger (e.g. >10kW) AND the Tesla destination charger is >48A.

In other words, if your Taycan has the 9.6kW charger, even if you plug into a high amperage 100A charger, the car will limit to 9.6kW so that's within the 60A safety margin of the TeslaTap.

however, if you happen to have a Taycan with the 19kW charger, AND plug into a 100A Tesla charger, then your car will try and pull a high amperage beyond the 60A TeslaTap capacity.
Sponsored

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Not sure I fully understand the question, but this should work on any combo of car + charger EXCEPT in the setting of the car has a double AC charger (e.g. >10kW) AND the Tesla destination charger is >48A.

In other words, if your Taycan has the 9.6kW charger, even if you plug into a high amperage 100A charger, the car will limit to 9.6kW so that's within the 60A safety margin of the TeslaTap.

however, if you happen to have a Taycan with the 19kW charger, AND plug into a 100A Tesla charger, then your car will try and pull a high amperage beyond the 60A TeslaTap capacity.
I think he is asking if the discount code will work for both the 60A and the 80A versions.

OP
OP
KTC

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think he is asking if the discount code will work for both the 60A and the 80A versions.
LOLLLL. My bad. Discount code should work for both.

Jeffgtx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
LOLLLL. My bad. Discount code should work for both.
Yea, i was asking if it was going to be a 60A discount or a choose your flavor discount to see if i had a decision to make. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: KTC

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
you want the 60 amp because if you encounter a Tesla 48 amp or greater charger the Taycan will pull 11 kW which is more than 40 amps…

to my knowledge I’ve never seen a TeslaTap (or others) limit the AMP’s reported to the vehicle - they are pretty simple pass through devices and do not appear to modify the control signals from a Tesla charger to the EV to modify the reported AMP’s

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
So as of tonight, we have:

60A:
1. @KTC
2. @Wrtflyr
3. @mkpierro
4. @ciaranob
5. @fullmetalbaal
6. @themickd
7. @Windpower
8. @menzz
9. @PDACPA
10. @ljump12
11. @shelt
12. @Bry5on
13. @GoDucksYellO
14. @R88
15. @dwaltchack
16. @bblankenship78
17. @Riztime
18. @f10tt
19. @HelfFL
20. @YWGT3
21. @gelkad
22. @tfurbay
23. @Kittybaby
24. @Dave777
25. @blulite
26. @atebit
27. @jFive

80A:
1. @Jeffgtx
2. @Pivotaltrader
3. @amarnro
4. @satchurator
5. @andrewket

This is great. If you are interested and posting AFTER this please indicate your number in line (consecutively after each poster before you). Thanks.
^^ bump.

FYI, spoke w/ the Tesla Tap manufacturer yesterday. We will be posting a time limited group discount code on this thread. Everybody can then order their own so that all transaction will be through the TeslaTap website. As a courtesy please only use this for the purpose of the Taycanforum group buy and do not share w/ others outside this group otherwise the code will be disabled.

Huge thanks to Dave Mahlmeister of TeslaTap for working with us on this!!
May I be added to the list as well???

Reactions: KTC

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
Interested. Look forward to the discount code.

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Interested in one TeslaTap MINI 80 AMP. (80A #6)

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for doing this and count me in for a 60A version also.

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Please count me in too for the 60 AMP.
Sponsored