TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Who here has the racetex headliner and b pillar? what do you think of it? Glad you got it? Does it truly add the premium feel you were hoping for? I haven’t seen it in person...
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I got the Race-Tex headliner but skipped the B-pillar. Just FYI, getting the headliner alone already includes the top half of the B pillar. It's only the bottom half of the pillar that's added on with the $680 B-pillar option .

Anyway, the Race-Tex headliner adds a very nice touch to the interior. It's a little pricey, but worth it.

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the Race-Tex headliner but skipped the B-pillar. Just FYI, getting the headliner alone already includes the top half of B pillar. It's only the bottom half of the pillar that's added on with the $680 option.

Anyway, the Race-Tex headliner adds a very nice touch to the interior. It's a little pricey, but worth it.
Oh that's good info to know! Thank you!

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I got the Race-Tex headliner but skipped the B-pillar. Just FYI, getting the headliner alone already includes the top half of the B pillar. It's only the bottom half of the pillar that's added on with the $680 B-pillar option .

I have been thinking about adding the Race-Tex (to my build) to the LOWER PART of the B Pillar. Has anyone done this? I don’t know if it will look better than having the Hard Plastic lower B Pillar. The Leather Option is just too much money and you cannot just do the Lower B Pillar without adding other Options.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I have been thinking about adding the Race-Tex (to my build) to the LOWER PART of the B Pillar. Has anyone done this? I don’t know if it will look better than having the Hard Plastic lower B Pillar. The Leather Option is just too much money and you cannot just do the Lower B Pillar without adding other Options.
I would recommend the race Tex on the lower b pillar part. The hard plastic gets easily scratched when you get in and out of the car.

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would recommend the race Tex on the lower b pillar part. The hard plastic gets easily scratched when you get in and out of the car.
Yea, have decided to go for the full monty! Thanks for the comments folks!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Scratched Race Tex looks even worse and it scratches a LOT easier...??‍♂

KTC

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 C4GTS; 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Pictures please!!

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Who here has the racetex headliner and b pillar? what do you think of it? Glad you got it? Does it truly add the premium feel you were hoping for? I haven’t seen it in person...
Oh, I had completely missed this since I was going full out on leather and carbon, and never really looked into the racetex options. My lock date is coming up soon so I'm really glad I saw this thread in time.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I thought for 2022 the B Pillar would come standard with
Oh, I had completely missed this since I was going full out on leather and carbon, and never really looked into the racetex options. My lock date is coming up soon so I'm really glad I saw this thread in time.
There a few Race-Tex options even when you spec full leather, including the Race Tex the steering wheel

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Scratched Race Tex looks even worse and it scratches a LOT easier...??‍♂
How are you scratching the pillar easily?
great! Glad it is helpful. I find having some softer texture amongst the leather in cars lends a great feel to the cabin, personally. :)

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I thought for 2022 the B Pillar would come standard with

There a few Race-Tex options even when you spec full leather, including the Race Tex the steering wheel
I think the B-pillar has it but there was an option to add racetex to the headliner (literally "rearview mirror panel" translated from Swedish).

Otherwise I personally prefer leather over racetex when there's a choice.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
How are you scratching the pillar easily?
Cuz the b-pillar is rather to the front and makes the entrance a bit narrower.
You almost can't avoid touching the b-pillar so I would prefer plastic over Racetex, just cuz IF it gets scratched it's not that noticable.
You know what I mean?
Maybe try it with a car at your dealer.
Sponsored