First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Cool add

People seem to forget the Tesla delivery delays. 10 weeks delay for a porsche is nothing. Heck, I waited 3years for the Tesla 3 with constant delays. Is it like 4 months wait from ordering the Taycan? Even a Range Rover Evoque was 8 month delivery a couple of years ago.
I remember when I ordered a Mecan at the launch. It arrived 18 months later. . . .
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Can the Tesla fanboys please go away?
It's getting pretty annoying by now.

It's a great ad and I enjoyed that very much!
Thanks for posting.
To see that silly discussion about range really spoiled the fun in watching a good and funny ad.
If you think range is an issue, go to Tesla, good bye.
If you're a sportscar fan: you're welcome.
Let's do the Nürburgring and see who's got range.
Thank you.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche would be better spending the money on the home charger they are delivering. 3kW from single phase 240V is S- - T....
Can you please point me to where you are reading 3.6kW. I know the Porsche Chargers for the hybrid vehicles were 3.6kW, but the Taycan Mobile Charger Connect is 40A 240V single phase = 9.6kW in all that I read, including the charger manual.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Porsche would be better spending the money on the home charger they are delivering. 3kW from single phase 240V is S- - T....
3,6kW from a single phase 240V/16A household socket is quite normal in the Netherlands.
You can order the 3-phase industrial socket cable, which will give you 3x16A which is 11,2kW total.
Plenty enough for charging a 90kWh battery overnight.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
3,6kW from a single phase 240V/16A household socket is quite normal in the Netherlands.
You can order the 3-phase industrial socket cable, which will give you 3x16A which is 11,2kW total.
Plenty enough for charging a 90kWh battery overnight.
Got a photo of the backside of the charger with specs (EU) right here. It even comes with a 32A 400V 6mm2 cable enabling 22 kw chargers later on..

Porsche Taycan Super Bowl Commercial "The Heist" Starring the Taycan C92FFB50-3296-4428-8E9E-8AD6AD43E5E2

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I don't think the commercial only serves to promote the Taycan, but to promote the Porsche brand.

I'm confident the Porsche marketeers know what happened when coca-cola stopped advertising.
completely agree wonderful add and only quoted my own initial be-wonderment to say i was previously off. :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Can the Tesla fanboys please go away?
It's getting pretty annoying by now.

It's a great ad and I enjoyed that very much!
Thanks for posting.
To see that silly discussion about range really spoiled the fun in watching a good and funny ad.
If you think range is an issue, go to Tesla, good bye.
If you're a sportscar fan: you're welcome.
Let's do the Nürburgring and see who's got range.
Thank you.
let me first say that i loved the add!!! and am going to the super bowl and will love it when it shows on the big screens.

However, Dee i am not sure this is very faire. i think one can be a fanboy of both Tesla and Porsche. And i know for you. range does not seam to be a concern, probably because on longer trips you would still use an ICE. or you just do not use cars for longer trips. all this is more than fine and is your way of life. However, i am not sure you can keep on saying that either “range anxiety” or “fast-charging network anxiety” as Scandinavian was putting it, is a non issue, and if it is, that person should just go away and/or buy a Tesla........ For some people this is a serious disappointment wether they are Tesla interested or not. It becomes, in the relative short or possibly long term, arduous to go on your favorite trip with your new sports car if you can not get between the different charging stops that might be very few around where you want to go..... for example from where you live you want to go for a long weekend and drive on the mountain pass routes between Switzerland and Austria/Italy or down to the Turini pass where Porsche just showcased the new 718 GTS...... well i just checked these routes out and unless you find a good overnight place with chargers that work on your route you will have définit problems taking these routes........ and I for one love going on summer outings and doing just that...... and will have to wait to take the Taycan, in present conditions of (EPA!!) 200 odd miles range and a limited charging network at its disposal, on these kind of trips. That for me is (possibly) disappointing but that does not mean i will not get the Taycan anyway and also means that i feel i have just as much right to be on this forum as anyone else even if i also like Tesla and happen to be disappointed in the EPA projected range.... (we will hopefully find that real life is much better)......

thanks for letting me get this off my chest. :)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Love the video, especially the german cops - but it's 2min 30 sec??!! That is one heck of a long ad and $$$$'s.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Felix,
Totally not my point.
I don't go to Tesla forum to tell the Taycan is so much better, no one is interested in that over there.

You can be disappointed about the range of the Taycan (it's really not that bad but that's not the discussion).
That's no problem, I fully understand.
But keep dragging Tesla into this discussion on a Taycan forum is just annoying, that's all.
That's what I said, if you need range go to Tesla but then you don't understand what a Porsche is.
Thx for your polite reply and I hope you understand my concern. :clap:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It'll be interesting to see how they cut 2.5 minutes down to 1.0 minute...
I have seen a 15sec version on Twitter with just lots of pointers to the hashtag to get interested folks to look for the extended cut.

Porsche Taycan Super Bowl Commercial "The Heist" Starring the Taycan Screenshot_20200125-122301

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Felix,
Totally not my point.
I don't go to Tesla forum to tell the Taycan is so much better, no one is interested in that over there.

You can be disappointed about the range of the Taycan (it's really not that bad but that's not the discussion).
That's no problem, I fully understand.
But keep dragging Tesla into this discussion on a Taycan forum is just annoying, that's all.
That's what I said, if you need range go to Tesla but then you don't understand what a Porsche is.
Thx for your polite reply and I hope you understand my concern. :clap:
that is exactly right.

they are like pests who show up at every opportunity to talk about how much better “their” car is.

for example, there recently was a tweet about some journalists taking 5-6 taycans on a trip. Like clockwork, the pests came out and just kept asking about range and talking about how much better tesla is. I would bet that the vast majority of them don’t even own a Tesla, but they love the company and oddly seem to identify it.

completely ruined the idea of learning about what the journalists thought about the car.

Last edited:
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Planning to buy a Tesla or a Bollinger next year
Country flag
I suspect that the Super Bowl commercial is more for Porsche to show off a bunch of their vehicles as really exciting cars to drive, while also telling the world that they are going electric and keeping the cars fun while doing so... So, more of an info and fun commercial than a "Taycans are now for sale" commercial.... They know that the commercial will probably generate a lot of discussion at Super Bowl parties...
I did not think of that. Good point.
Sponsored