lucan6699

First Name
lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan, bentley
Country flag
So, i have a deposit on a 4s and waiting for a build slot, dealership is hoping for April, but doesn't know yet and it may be May. Question is - is it worth my phoning dealership to dealership in the hope that there is a Guaranteed Feb or March build slot for a 4s, preferably that hasn't been specced yet? UK BTW. TVM
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
So, i have a deposit on a 4s and waiting for a build slot, dealership is hoping for April, but doesn't know yet and it may be May. Question is - is it worth my phoning dealership to dealership in the hope that there is a Guaranteed Feb or March build slot for a 4s, preferably that hasn't been specced yet? UK BTW. TVM
I don’t think there are any guarantees with this car. It’s new, Porsche will want to get this right. Last thing they need is grumpy owners and recalls etc.

Rodders

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST GTS, R8 V10, TVR Griffith, Range Rover
Country flag
My dealer is talking late May for delivery of my Turbo. I see other countries seem to have cars already delivered. Is UK late to the party?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s my car specification locked in. UK specification. Surprised that the dealer doesn’t understand the Olev £3500 grant suggesting that I have to claim that! I said no I don’t you do! Also said that if I charged at home then it would take 30 hours! Yes from a plug maybe but not a 7.2 kw charger! Tried to explain he wasn’t correct, without being rude. Disappointing experience to be honest. £113k car I would have expected they know more. Anyway February build, March delivery. Note: I’m in UK.

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
I just ordered a Turbo. The dealer says they will get 2 Turbos per month from when UK deliveries start. They tell me September for mine.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
That’s my car specification locked in. UK specification. Surprised that the dealer doesn’t understand the Olev £3500 grant suggesting that I have to claim that! I said no I don’t you do! Also said that if I charged at home then it would take 30 hours! Yes from a plug maybe but not a 7.2 kw charger! Tried to explain he wasn’t correct, without being rude. Disappointing experience to be honest. £113k car I would have expected they know more. Anyway February build, March delivery. Note: I’m in UK.
Was that your local dealer?
They really don’t seem well trained on the Taycan I've been told so much contradicting info from different Porsche dealerships and salesmen

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I just ordered a Turbo. The dealer says they will get 2 Turbos per month from when UK deliveries start. They tell me September for mine.
Congrats pal
my turbo is due in May you’ve done well to get one for September i think once the dealerships have their launch nights they Car will have a long long waiting list

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was that your local dealer?
They really don’t seem well trained on the Taycan I've been told so much contradicting info from different Porsche dealerships and salesmen
Yes Local Aberdeen Dealer. Very disappointing to be honest. Booked an appointment with them to review spec, specifically mentioning the config room so we could really spec up properly, ended up doing it on a laptop! Funny, as they could have upsold me on a few options.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes Local Aberdeen Dealer. Very disappointing to be honest. Booked an appointment with them to review spec, specifically mentioning the config room so we could really spec up properly, ended up doing it on a laptop! Funny, as they could have upsold me on a few options.
I’ve had a very similar experience to be honest, also was told what I should spec
It’s my car I’ll choose what I want thanks

I’ve also been told by different dealers all sorts of options can be purchased using Porsche Connect -
- innodrive
- ACC
- lane assist
- sport sound
- comfort access
No idea how true any of this is

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I’ve also been told by different dealers all sorts of options can be purchased using Porsche Connect -
- innodrive
- ACC
- lane assist
- sport sound
- comfort access
No idea how true any of this is
That's interesting. So there is hope I could upgrade later to InnoDrive and LaneAssist, which was not even an option for me to order?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it depends which country you are in to which options you can subscribe too

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told by dealer that it is the intention, eventually, that we will be able to subscribe on a monthly basis some functions. So my take on that was I could activate a function for a long drive for instance. Not sure if that’s true as I’d doubt the commercials would stack up for Porsche.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
It would be interesting to see what @epirali can see for purchase in his connect app as he has received his car already.

Sports sound and and possibly comfort assist are most likely built in every car so activation is pretty easy but I would not presume that ACC or innodrive could be added.

You can see from he following pictures that adding ACC adds an extra sensor to the front of the vehicle, I can’t see how you could add this over the air :confused:

also without pricing I would guess that these over the air purchases will end up more expensive than just buying them up front.

Porsche would love nothing more than charging a monthly subscription for items as it gives them an ongoing service revenue AND they will charge you more for the "convenience" of using these features either temporary or activating forever.

war story comparison......

IBM worked out that most big companies always upgraded their large computer systems eventually so they started shipping these components in certain models upon the initial build with the idea they could be purchase/rented by customers in the future if they wanted the extra speed/capability.

it saved the cost of shipping the extra parts later and the engineering time to install them.

a customer simply phoned up and and paid for the parts to be activated. From memory it worked out that if you kept the parts activated more than 120 days then it was cheaper to just but them outright.

it was known internally as the golden screwdriver as it made IBM a lot of cash.

Porsche Taycan UK Taycan build slots CB3D32F6-7262-4413-A458-3878BC5AD624
Porsche Taycan UK Taycan build slots C8155A9D-52A3-4B39-8A63-CF72432812E1

Last edited:

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My dealer is talking late May for delivery of my Turbo. I see other countries seem to have cars already delivered. Is UK late to the party?
Hi, just wondering when you registered your interest with your dealer please? I’m down for a Turbo, but my dealer doesn’t seem to know when I might get an allocation (registered interest about a year ago, deposit down and order placed late last year).

Thanks

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi, just wondering when you registered your interest with your dealer please? I’m down for a Turbo, but my dealer doesn’t seem to know when I might get an allocation (registered interest about a year ago, deposit down and order placed late last year).

Thanks

Thanks
My understanding is that there are only two places you will find a taycan in the uk. Mayfair & silverstone.
Sponsored