Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I’m bored of watching my 2021 CT production date keep slipping and watching the same Instagram reels but am happy every time one more car squeaks through the production funnel onto the road.
Sponsored

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m bored of watching my 2021 CT production date keep slipping and watching the same Instagram reels but am happy every time one more car squeaks through the production funnel onto the road.
Track My Dream still shows my 2021 CT 4S starting production on 8/27 - but dealer's screen showed production starting 9/3 (as of the first of this week). Maybe it'll end up being a 2022 (in my dreams)...

Rickpoisson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.porsche-code.com
Vehicles
VW e-Up!, Taycan Turbo CT MY22 - delivered
Country flag
Track My Dream still shows my 2021 CT 4S starting production on 8/27 - but dealer's screen showed production starting 9/3 (as of the first of this week). Maybe it'll end up being a 2022 (in my dreams)...
Is Track My Dream a USA thing? Can't seem to get any info out of our Porsche East London dealer here in the UK even though they said a few weeks ago the car was in build and due end of Sept!

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is Track My Dream a USA thing? Can't seem to get any info out of our Porsche East London dealer here in the UK even though they said a few weeks ago the car was in build and due end of Sept!
I guess it must be a USA thing. I'm surprised that your dealer doesn't have information on a computer screen about every stage - first expected dates, then actual dates.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
TYD is for US buyers. However, the salesman can pull up a screen in their internal system to check on the car. I am not sure if they need a VIN to reference in their system. I had my SA use it to find out the open campaigns that were keeping it at the port. Darn TPM.
Porsche Taycan Let’s count how many CTs have made it into the road so far Taycanstatusblur

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I have had mine here in Texas since July 1st. My dealer said I was the second car delivered in the US. The first one was in Florida somewhere.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered April, delivered July. First one to the Lausanne dealer in Switzerland. Apparently there’s a 7 month wait now so it’s certainly popular here despite the high Swiss pricing. Seems they are struggling with supply generally as all cars delivered with a single keyfob and other peripherals not available.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
UK CT4s, ordered on launch day back in March, delivered early August.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
You're missing the "still awaiting an allocation" choice.

OP
OP
Greenmachine

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
You're missing the "still awaiting an allocation" choice.
Yes sorry about that. My main interest is trying to see how many actually make it onto the road. Mine was meant to start production last week and is already two months late from the original schedule so I’m hoping that if more start to appear then it means the bottlenecks are finally easing. 4 so far in the US is not that good, but more than the uk or Europe have so far. Let’s all hope the numbers start shooting up in time for Christmas.

I’d be calling around to see if someone else has an allocation or consider buying a pre configured car from one of the dealers who are advertising on the Porsche marketplace. They don’t have the cars yet either but the builds have been locked so you’ll get it a lot quicker.

I got my allocation in may and delivery is now expected late November, I hear 6 months after an allocation is now expected.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Yes sorry about that. My main interest is trying to see how many actually make it onto the road. Mine was meant to start production last week and is already two months late from the original schedule so I’m hoping that if more start to appear then it means the bottlenecks are finally easing. 4 so far in the US is not that good, but more than the uk or Europe have so far. Let’s all hope the numbers start shooting up in time for Christmas.

I’d be calling around to see if someone else has an allocation or consider buying a pre configured car from one of the dealers who are advertising on the Porsche marketplace. They don’t have the cars yet either but the builds have been locked so you’ll get it a lot quicker.

I got my allocation in may and delivery is now expected late November, I hear 6 months after an allocation is now expected.
I put (refundable) deposits at a few of dealerships awaiting a Taycan CT Turbo allocation. First one which gets me a locked order gets the sale, though I'm not paying over MSRP - just a rule of mine. One of the dealers even implied a possible discount (I am optioning the car up to ~$180K MSRP), willing to wait an extra month or two for a few grand, since I'm waiting many months anyways (I'm told my allocation will probably come November or December, with production between late Q1 and late Q2 2022). I want a Taycan CT car, but I don't need it, which in my experience is the best position to be in when buying a new car. Currently driving a Model S with Ludicrous Mode which has similar performance to a Taycan, so not like I'm counting days while driving something slow. This past weekend I saw the eTron GT, must say if it came as a hatchback (same shape, just open higher like the Model S to lift the rear window and shelf) I would have put the deposit on that too (to be honest, I kind of liked the GT RS as much as the Taycan, except for the small trunk opening - with the family it's really a deal killer for me, pretty much the main reason I don't have a regular Taycan today).
Sponsored