ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Here is my build code

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZM7IH0

It is a 4S variant of Taycan. The car is due to arrive in 96 days.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 095058.jpg
Ah so indeed it appears it is as I mentioned above to do with a 4S Sedan build and not the 4S Cross Turismo - I wonder if they are just slow to update the CT configurator or if this is a discriminator between the sedan vs wagon?

Will def enquire of my SA once he returns from vacation unless an update occurs in the meantime to the CT configurator - interesting!

TBH, I have no interest in the ParkingAssist function but the added safety features that come with that option would be descent to have.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
For me its the RWD Sedan and I am seeing the Remote Park Assist under technology also as before it was just Active Park Assist, this is the US configurator with delivery showing 89 days. As said I had changed mine to a la carte previously to get the remote park assist but since its showing under tech package changed it back yesterday and fingers crossed it is included.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me its the RWD Sedan and I am seeing the Remote Park Assist under technology also as before it was just Active Park Assist, this is the US configurator with delivery showing 89 days. As said I had changed mine to a la carte previously to get the remote park assist but since its showing under tech package changed it back yesterday and fingers crossed it is included.
Yes as I mentioned above the 'discrepancy' seems to be a difference between the current Sedan and the Cross Turismo 4S configurators - odd to say the least and possibly just an update issue on the CT side but who knows! If you're SA as you said has already confirmed this then presumably you're good to go.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes as I mentioned above the 'discrepancy' seems to be a difference between the current Sedan and the Cross Turismo 4S configurators - odd to say the least and possibly just an update issue on the CT side but who knows! If you're SA as you said has already confirmed this then presumably you're good to go.
Yes I see what you mean as tried to build a CT and saw the Technology Package just show Active park Assist, this is how the RWD showed also a few days back only to change in the last few days to show Remote Park Assist. What is strange is when one includes the tech pack and tries to include remote park assist as a n option it wants one to remove the tech pack. Wish Porsche made this clear somehow.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I see what you mean as tried to build a CT and saw the Technology Package just show Active park Assist, this is how the RWD showed also a few days back only to change in the last few days to show Remote Park Assist. What is strange is when one includes the tech pack and tries to include remote park assist as a n option it wants one to remove the tech pack. Wish Porsche made this clear somehow.
I am seriously massively underwhelmed with their configurator(s) - I can hop from one country to the next and whilst the exact same corporate web format is used, the layouts/options have totally different updates - the UK site appears to be one of the most up to date in respect showing the PAX, the 2+1/4+1 seating changes etc etc.

The US site is possibly one of the worst and gets incrementally updated and apparently inconsistently so between like models - almost all often very expensive options like leather extensions etc are not illustrated at all - blind guess and even the SA's at times appear unable to answer basic layout questions. All that and is Porsche the only manufacturer that still has no 3D viewer - just lame all round.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am seriously massively underwhelmed with their configurator(s) - I can hop from one country to the next and whilst the exact same corporate web format is used, the layouts/options have totally different updates - the UK site appears to be one of the most up to date in respect showing the PAX, the 2+1/4+1 seating changes etc etc.

The US site is possibly one of the worst and gets incrementally updated and apparently inconsistently so between like models - almost all often very expensive options like leather extensions etc are not illustrated at all - blind guess and even the SA's at times appear unable to answer basic layout questions. All that and is Porsche the only manufacturer that still has no 3D viewer - just lame all round.
True, SA's are confused with these options too and are mostly guessing I guess.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Technology Package from a 4S sedan configurator. (US)
Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist 1628453806360

Technology Package from a 4S Cross Turismo configurator. (US)
Porsche Taycan Taycan 2022 Configurator Question Remote Park Assist 1628453969579

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Technology Package from a 4S sedan configurator. (US)

Technology Package from a 4S Cross Turismo configurator. (US)
]
Yes if you read the previous posts we had already figured this out - thx!

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Simply creating the visual, as I did for my SA ;)
The main question still being if we pick the technology package for a sedan hopefully we doing get the remote park assist.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
This from PCNA:

Remote Park Assist includes Active Parking Support and the ability to have the car park without you in it, controlled via a cell phone. For MY22 the cell phone bit was added to the Active Parking Support offer, combined it is called Remote ParkAssist. Regardless, Active Parking Support is no longer an option, superseded by Remote ParkAssist. We just need to update the long text in the CT description. Thanks for the heads up and we will get that handled this week.

Also the other question we get about this offer is whether or not Lane Change Assist is included in the offer, it is, but due to a hierarchical conflict it is not explicitly listed out. We will likely be adding that to name in the future.

Last edited:

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup, to add some conclusiveness to this thread: the leading hypothesis discussed in this thread (which was that you had to order Remote Parking Assist separately instead of Technology package) is incorrect. The old Active Parking option is now the Remote Parking option which includes the old stuff combined with the new stuff.

I checked my MY22 build sheet in Track Your Dream and it shows Remote Parking with my technology package.

OP
OP

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, am a bit confused here, as have a RWD my2022 and just see technology package in my tyd build and no separate remote park assist. My understanding is that the tech package includes the remote park assist. Where do you see the remote park assist seperate to tech package , is it under premium package ?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, but has it been confirmed that Lane Change Assist is included in Remote Park Assist? These options appears to be mutually exclusive to each other in the configurator, but my contact at the Porsche Center didn’t have any information at hand whether that was the case or not.

I would absolutely want to have both features, but there’s no way I would choose remote parking over lane change assist if that’s the only choice.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, but has it been confirmed that Lane Change Assist is included in Remote Park Assist? These options appears to be mutually exclusive to each other in the configurator, but my contact at the Porsche Center didn’t have any information at hand whether that was the case or not.

I would absolutely want to have both features, but there’s no way I would choose remote parking over lane change assist if that’s the only choice.
Same question. Did you ever get this resolved?
Sponsored