JeremyW

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I ordered my Taycan at the end of April with proposed build early August and delivery mid to end August. Porsche Silverstone handled it and have not been at all great at keeping me updated. Nothing comes from them without them being asked a couple of times and they virtually never reply to any calls or emails for a day or two which is frustrating. I was then told build end of August and delivery mid September. Yesterday after 2 days of asking they said it is not going to build now until mid October with delivery end October/early November. I will believe it when I see it. I am 60 and this is my first Porsche having had 12 BMW cars from new previously. The dealership experience has been far worse than any BMW experience so far and I wasn't terribly impressed by BMW until now. Debating my options as I really want the car but I can't wait indefinitely for it and they have already messed up my taxes as my year end is September and this is a company car purchase so affects Corporation tax in a big way. Disappointing doesn't cover it. Not just the delay- the whole dealer experience and battle to get information.
Sponsored

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
I ordered my Taycan at the end of April with proposed build early August and delivery mid to end August. Porsche Silverstone handled it and have not been at all great at keeping me updated. Nothing comes from them without them being asked a couple of times and they virtually never reply to any calls or emails for a day or two which is frustrating. I was then told build end of August and delivery mid September. Yesterday after 2 days of asking they said it is not going to build now until mid October with delivery end October/early November. I will believe it when I see it. I am 60 and this is my first Porsche having had 12 BMW cars from new previously. The dealership experience has been far worse than any BMW experience so far and I wasn't terribly impressed by BMW until now. Debating my options as I really want the car but I can't wait indefinitely for it and they have already messed up my taxes as my year end is September and this is a company car purchase so affects Corporation tax in a big way. Disappointing doesn't cover it. Not just the delay- the whole dealer experience and battle to get information.
I feel for you... this seems to be the general approach omongst other dealerships too. I sincerely hope you do have a slot for an October build as I have heard they are halting all Taycan production during November and December.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Hate the player, not the game! Dealership behavior is, and always will be, inconsistent. I've ordered BMWs in the past and found my first Porsche experience with the Taycan to be on par with one of my local BMW dealers and way above the other. From what I have read, the auto manufacturers have little to no insight into near term chip supply and it is therefore almost impossible to provide dealers with accurate info on deliveries. These are freak'n crazy times to buy a car, all you can do is be patient.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Finally got an email from Porsche:
Congratulations, your new all-electric Taycan 4S has been loaded onto a transport truck and has started the final stretch of its journey to your Porsche dealership. Your dealer may need some time to prepare your vehicle for its big reveal.

Please be patient while final steps take place to ensure the perfect delivery and operation of your vehicle.

Please contact your authorized Porsche dealer to schedule a delivery date and finalize the paperwork for your new Taycan 4S.

Shortly, you will also receive an invitation to add your Taycan to your Porsche ID account and activate the complimentary inclusive periods for Porsche Connect and Porsche Charging Service. These will allow you to take advantage of the most advanced features of your Taycan.

So I expect to have it by end of September latest.
Not to take the wind out of your sails, but unless your car is 100% complete, not sure you will have it by the end of September. Hope you do, but then that would mean they are not fitting completed cars with the missing parts as they become available first.

Mine was finished 7/13/2021 and its been sitting in the port 3 hours from me for over a month with the TPM preventing sale. My TYD says delivery 9/24/2021 and I expect that to get pushed to October next week unless the parts arrived.

Have your dealer pull their internal system info on your car to see the open campaigns. I would bet it is missing the TPM, manual steering, phone charger, and only 1 key and/or maybe the sun sensor.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just checked my dealers website (kind of watching to see if they got an new cars before mine arrived) and they have had 2 MY2021 "Incoming." Today, they have a new one, a MY22 as an incoming. Now there is no way to know when it will get there, but my MY21 is in the port 3 hours away waiting on the TPM. So conceivably, my car and the MY22 could arrive at the same time or mine later?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Mine was finished on July 16.
TPM control unit arrived yesterday, I’m getting the car tomorrow afternoon.
afaik, they are sending TPM based on FIFO…so I’d say that your TPM is somewhere in the air over Atlantic….and Sept.24 is doable.
Fingers crossed!
:like: :fingerscrossed:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine was finished on July 16.
TPM control unit arrived yesterday, I’m getting the car tomorrow afternoon.
afaik, they are sending TPM based on FIFO…so I’d say that your TPM is somewhere in the air over Atlantic….and Sept.24 is doable.
Fingers crossed!
:like: :fingerscrossed:
Thanks!! I hope so too.

Reactions: B61

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
I too ordered one from Silverstone. I also had to chase so many times (email and phone) without replies I gave up, cancelled my order and went to another dealer. I’ll wait longer but at least I won’t feel like I’m chasing Argos to fix my washing machine.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Just called by dealer today ….

my MY21, ordered in April and produced since July 9th should arrive at the dealer the exact same week than the MY22 (in replacement, same specs) which I ordered first week of September. Both should be at my dealer late October.

am i missing something ?

• Wow
Reactions: B61

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
Just called by dealer today ….

my MY21, ordered in April and produced since July 9th should arrive at the dealer the exact same week than the MY22 (in replacement, same specs) which I ordered first week of September. Both should be at my dealer late October.

am i missing something ?
Did they tell you why? What components are missing from the MY21?

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After getting an email that my car was on a truck to PEC Atlanta, I reached out to PEC about scheduling delivery/pickup and was told still waiting on parts, we will let you know when ready. Sigh.
So apparently the port got overcrowded, and they shipped to delivering dealer to wait there.

yucatown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
After getting an email that my car was on a truck to PEC Atlanta, I reached out to PEC about scheduling delivery/pickup and was told still waiting on parts, we will let you know when ready. Sigh.
So apparently the port got overcrowded, and they shipped to delivering dealer to wait there.
That’s crazy. Mine’s still at the port in Jax supposedly getting to my dealer this coming Friday. Doesn’t sound too likely.