Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Wow, that will be an epic journey. I really look forward to reading your experiences along the route.
Good Luck!
Sponsored

wreighven2015

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X LR+, 2012 Porsche Cayenne, 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4
Country flag
This is AMAZING! Really neat of you to be sharing this experience with all of us. I'll be looking forward to each entry.

wreighven2015

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X LR+, 2012 Porsche Cayenne, 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4
Country flag
Long distance EV driving, at this day and age, will require having time, patience and a pioneer spirit. But I kind of look forward to that. People are simply too BUSY these days, perhaps an EV can help relax a bit as you have to adopt that mindset :)
I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. I'm looking forward to actually HAVING to stop for 20-30 minutes to charge on road trips.

Last edited:

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
The best of luck on your journey which sounds like a lot of fun and surely will meet some very interesting folks along the way. If you get down this way to Naples, and need a charging station in my garage or a place to sleep, please contact me. My Turbo won't be here until April so we have an extra bay in our garage to keep yours safe ! Take care and be enjoy the ride.......

sriklin

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera E-Hybrid
Country flag
This is going to be epic, crazy I was going to try something similar, but on a smaller scale, how are you going to document it? You camping or doing hotels?
Awesome trip planned. It looks like you will be driving east on I10 through Houston. I live a couple blocks off of I10 in Houston. If you would like a Taycan brother to buy you breakfast lunch or dinner while you charge here, please give me a heads up on when you will be through. West Houston Porsche has a charger on I10 not far away.
Stay safe!

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I had a lovely drive from Portland to Coaticook. Hello Canada! Hello Canadian Border guardians who were enamored of the car.

I’m currently hooked up to my first DC Charging station.

The car’s Nav didn’t know about this charging station. I had to find it online, and type in the address by hand.

And now, once again the Nav has forgotten it’s an EV and doesn’t allow me to search for Charging stations. [bug]

Now having troubles authorizing a transfer of funds to an RFID card that should make payments for charging easier. Sigh. Technology.

And the charging station (or the car) hit an error at 25% full and shut off. Had to restart the session.

2nd try... charging fine. At 85%... going to grab lunch.
CB477111-1B38-49E7-8116-A191DA9C224D.jpeg

A48DEFC3-5FE1-4D3F-99F6-BF840FDEC3F5.jpeg

9578E053-9366-488C-8AC5-1CF61E470FF1.jpeg
The 25% shut off I have had a lot on EVgo at 50kw with the Audi. There is something up with the handshake with the charger that makes it stop. Doing a second charge at the exact same charger fixes issue and all was good.... Will be interesting to see how often it happens.

The Navi not showing EV stations is a major misstep hope they get th updated code out the your car soon!

Thank you for inviting us along on this epic trip. When your near San Francisco let me know!

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
What an epic journey! Safe Travels.
When you get to Vancouver drop in to Porsche Vancouver and we'll give you a free wash, inspection and take you to lunch.
Thanks!!! I’d love it!

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Ok. Apparently this Nav just has a serious case of The Dumb. I tell it I want to go to a destination. It’s supposed to be smart enough to find the EV charging stations along the way. Nope.

But, when I get out on the highway, it has this cute little icon “DC” to show me it actually does know about DC Fast stations.

Good thing I have an app called “A Better Route Planner”. It tells me where the stations are. But then I have to hand-enter each one into the Nav.

So here I am... in Brossard. Outside Montreal. In a Mall parking lot. Recharging. When I saw the name of the town, I just had to stop. Some people will understand why.

I’m sitting outside to get good cellular signal. It’s 20°F. Someone just walked by and asked me something in french. He pointed to the sun. I guess he was commenting on me “getting some sun”. I nodded and said yes. Oui.
Porsche Taycan Taking One Lap of the Country in my Taycan Turbo - 10k miles in 6 weeks Cross-Country Journal 93C68671-3AFC-4F07-926D-546D2E251B80

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
my figurative popcorn is out for the next six weeks! This is what 4-door Porsches are meant for -- long-distance driving! I like to see Porsche owners putting lots of miles on their cars like this. I put 10k miles on my Panamera with a cross-country drive the first four months after I bought it new in 2018. I put 13k miles on my Macan in the first 7 months of owning it, again with a cross-country road trip in there. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to do it in a BEV, yet. But my popcorn is next to me as I follow your travels with keen interest and not a little bit of envy.

Please keep us apprised each day as to what kind of range you're getting, with ambient air temperatures specified, and how often you're stopping (in terms of miles or km) to charge up.

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
What a road trip. So jealous! Safe travels & may the electrons be with you!

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Ok. Apparently this Nav just has a serious case of The Dumb. I tell it I want to go to a destination. It’s supposed to be smart enough to find the EV charging stations along the way. Nope.

But, when I get out on the highway, it has this cute little icon “DC” to show me it actually does know about DC Fast stations.

Good thing I have an app called “A Better Route Planner”. It tells me where the stations are. But then I have to hand-enter each one into the Nav.

So here I am... in Brossard. Outside Montreal. In a Mall parking lot. Recharging. When I saw the name of the town, I just had to stop. Some people will understand why.

I’m sitting outside to get good cellular signal. It’s 20°F. Someone just walked by and asked me something in french. He pointed to the sun. I guess he was commenting on me “getting some sun”. I nodded and said yes. Oui.
93C68671-3AFC-4F07-926D-546D2E251B80.jpeg
I hope Porsche N. America and Corporate in Germany for that matter follow along each day. Who knows they might learn a thing or two about owning and running a pure EV!