NickUK

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A35
Country flag
This has got me thinking. I booked a build spot for a 4S. Car locks in on Oct 7th, production Nov and arrival mid December. But my 4S is around $145k. So I believe the GTS would be ideal. The wait is not an issue for me. My dealer never mentioned GTS and Ive been debating too long between a 4S and a turbo. Do you think I can switch to a GTS waitlist, if I already paid deposit on a build slot ? I think my 4S would be higher priced than the GTS with similar specs. Plus resale would be better. I’m thinking how’s to best approach my dealer.
My dealer let me do this.
I said ‘I’ve heard rumours of a GTS and a Sport Turismo being announced in Nov’.
He said yes, that is what we’re expecting and he can hold my deposit and place me on the waiting list. As soon as it’s announced, he will call me so I can crate a build and place an order.
Sponsored

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I remember someone here posted a pic from the configurator a while back showing a GTS sport turismo (greyed out). Apparently, it briefly showed up in there by mistake. Not sure if that post got removed though (couldn't find it). Anyway, another datapoint (in addition to whats' been discussed in this thread) supporting the notion that both GTS and sport turismo version are imminent.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I remember someone here posted a pic from the configurator a while back showing a GTS sport turismo (greyed out). Apparently, it briefly showed up in there by mistake. Not sure if that post got removed though (couldn't find it). Anyway, another datapoint (in addition to whats' been discussed in this thread) supporting the notion that both GTS and sport turismo version are imminent.
It’s in this article:
https://insideevs.com/news/508549/porsche-taycan-sport-turismo-gts/

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
He told me to expect an announcement in Nov which will be the Sport Turismo as well as a GTS.
How this plays out though is another thing: they might announce a saloon GTS only (for now) and an ST for other versions. Or maybe all at once - I don’t know.
In time though it makes sense for there to be a saloon, CT and ST in all versions.
He was confident enough to allow me to move my deposit to the waitlist ahead of the official announcement so I can order as soon as it’s available.
With all the production delays though, maybe they will push this back a few months - just have to wait and see.
Gotcha. I'm pretty hopeful now that it's been somewhat confirmed by a dealer. I had no idea there were waitlists for cars that haven't been announced yet. Pretty cool!

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
A little update, latest I heard from the dealer (still of course unofficial) is that the GTS model will only be coming in Sport Turismo format. If that’s true i guess its a nice way for Porsche to launch a new format.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 996.2 C2 Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I hope that's not the case as I want saloon/sedan. Also, the "leaked" pic showed GTS in saloon format. I hope it comes with a new wheel style.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what do people think will be standard on GTS in addition to 4S?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
what do people think will be standard on GTS in addition to 4S?
Based on other Porsche models I guess the following:
  • 20-40 more HP and Tq
  • Performance package standard
  • P+ battery standard
  • Air Suspension on low setting as default
  • Cosmetic upgrades on the outside like the bumbers and mirrors, probably black logo, black window trim, etc
  • GTS emblem on headrest and door sills

Last edited:

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I checked with 4 dealers around the North East. 2 said they have an interest list for the GTS. 1 said she had no idea what I was talking about. 1 said they'd take deposit but they don't know anything. No Nov. 17th discussion / expectation.

Anyone else, on what are the dealers in the US saying ?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I have a deposit down. Orders open Nov 21 delivery Q1 22 thats all I know:)

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I hope that's not the case as I want saloon/sedan. Also, the "leaked" pic showed GTS in saloon format. I hope it comes with a new wheel style.
True and initially the dealer had told me Saloon only for the November announcement but it’s obviously not clear as of yet what will be announced. I guess technically as GTS stands for Grand Turismo Sport maybe having it in ST trim is a good bet.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I want all the black parts. When you add it all up it's crazy expensive for some black paint...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Based on other Porsche models I guess the following:
  • 20-40 more HP and Tq
  • Performance package standard
  • P+ battery standard
  • Air Suspension on low setting as default
  • Cosmetic upgrades on the outside like the bumbers and mirrors, probably black logo, black window trim, etc
  • GTS emblem on headrest and door sills
And probably sport sound, alcantara 'GTS package' interior as standard.

OP
OP
SushiStu

SushiStu

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
we don’t have performance pack in the Uk. what does that consist of?
Sponsored