OP
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
They are more than happy up back, the car is so smooth on air suspension, just need to remember not to accelerate too hard! I have a small cage for them that fits perfectly in the CT. It stops them rattling around too much and when inside they just sleep. Also purchased a foldable cover to protect the tailgate that attaches to the boot floor by velcro. Will post photos when I get home.
Here is where they stay in the back, has a soft padded floor and no thin wire / sharp edges like some other cages. Fits the CT perfectly too: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/dogs-transport-in-ct.6087/

I have now added a simple tailgate protector, close to perfect fit. Velcro's to the floor at one edge that allows the compartment under the floor to be accessed. Folds back on itself neatly and covers the tailgate nicely.

Porsche Taycan Island holiday with Cross Turismo IMG_0899

Porsche Taycan Island holiday with Cross Turismo IMG_0900

Porsche Taycan Island holiday with Cross Turismo IMG_0898 (1)

Reactions: B61

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Lovely area you have visited. Great Photos , thanks for sharing

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
super cool trip report!
This is my favorite picture of them all:
Porsche Taycan Island holiday with Cross Turismo 1633136213875

What a cool crescent bay and gorgeous view! Not to mention, it looks like you have almost the ideal weather conditions!

Living between Boston and Maine in the US, I must admit that the lobster that you have looks like it has had better days! I may be spoiled by the lobster that is available here, but I think I would send back one that has that battered left claw and all of those barnacles on it. Are barnacles common on the lobsters in Scotland? I guess I didn't realize lobsters lived that long to have them grow on them???? hmmm, learn something new everyday!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Are barnacles common on the lobsters in Scotland? I guess I didn't realize lobsters lived that long to have them grow on them????
Lobsters can live a very long time in cold waters like where you live. They never stop growing and can reach 100 years old, the bigger it is the more likely it is to be old though abundance of food is also a big factor in how big they grow.
In heavily fished areas the lobsters are likely to be caught before they get old though.

OP
OP
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Mr losbter had been in the wars losing part of a claw, was penalty meat left for two. As f1eng says the barnacles are due to old age, still tasted great.

Lupin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for a really great write up. I had a pretty poor experience with ChargePlace Scotland in Edinburgh using credit card payment. Wish I had seen your advice about the App.
Also thanks for the doggie stuff. We are planning a road trip with our two dogs soon. They love the Taycan (not a CT) as they get to sit on the back set in an Orvis seat cover.
Sponsored