How I fixed the door rattles

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve got the rattles in my front passenger door as well on MY20. I patched it by slicing some sections off a wine cork to use as a shim between the door frame and the bottom section of the panel like others have done with felt. When I take mine in for the latest recall going to ask the dealer to resolve. The car is generally bank-vault quiet and I’m attributing this to my kids slamming the door shut ?
Sponsored

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
I just got my 2022 RWD and have a similar rattle from the front door, it is from the top area where the cover is, anyone has any idea if it is easy to remove this cover so can check where the noise is?

Porsche Taycan How I fixed the door rattles IMG_9263

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just got my 2022 RWD and have a similar rattle from the front door, it is from the top area where the cover is, anyone has any idea if it is easy to remove this cover so can check where the noise is?

IMG_9263.jpeg
Yes this cover comes out very easily with plastic pry tools. But you cannot remove it completely to drive the car without it because it has something like a plastic string to keep it together with the door panel.
Btw I also thought some of my rattles came from that cover but they didn't. They come from the panel itself. This area is where you push to open the door and the panel is too flimsy.

Porsche Taycan How I fixed the door rattles 20210215_140029

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes this cover comes out very easily with plastic pry tools. But you cannot remove it completely to drive the car without it because it has something like a plastic string to keep it together with the door panel.
Btw I also thought some of my rattles came from that cover but they didn't. They come from the panel itself. This area is where you push to open the door and the panel is too flimsy.

20210215_140029.jpg
Great info, thanks!

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
I skipped the Tesla Model S for these very reasons. Damn!

Taycan on the Glovis Supreme.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag

IMG_9263.jpeg
I also have a rattle coming from here. How did you eventually fix it?

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also have a rattle coming from here. How did you eventually fix it?
It’s still there, Dealor has ordered a door panel u see warranty since Nov when the car was delivered but no movement on the part yet.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone find a way to stop the noise from the cup holders when they are in use?

I find that if I put a water bottle or a coffee cup in the cupholder it seems to make a rattling sound.

johnm723

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I sent this to my dealer when I dropped the taycan off today and really hope this works. My tacan has 1600 miles on it , 8 months old and the rattle from the passenger rear DRIVES ME NUTS. Have owned several Porsches, Bentley GT’s and an Aston Martin. I have to say I think the overall build quality on the Taycan is crap - had a plastic piece fall off driver door jamb when the door opened and had to pop it back on. And I am easy on my cars. Disappointed to say the least in Porsche but hoping for the best. Thanks Chrisk for your post on this.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I feel your frustration. I had a lot of rattles when I first got my 2021 4S. This thread helped a lot, but the service center also replaced both front door panels. They still had to insert small pieces of felt on all of the doors, even after the replacement, but I'm over it. Most of my rattles are gone now- I'd say nearly all/95%. Once in a while I hear a faint "clicking" coming from the driver's side door and the driver's seat creaks, but there are instructions for that one on this thread, too. Good luck.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
'22 RWD have a "ticking" sound on the drivers side door that seems to be coming from where the glass meets the upper weater stripping. This happens when riding on rough pavement. It's not loud and generalyy covered up by the radio. I have cleaned the glass and put silicone spray on the rubber, so far no help. Any suggestions?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
'22 RWD have a "ticking" sound on the drivers side door that seems to be coming from where the glass meets the upper weater stripping. This happens when riding on rough pavement. It's not loud and generalyy covered up by the radio. I have cleaned the glass and put silicone spray on the rubber, so far no help. Any suggestions?
I think I have the same sound. I jammed a piece of foam between the piece in the photo and the door, and it seemed to go away.

Porsche Taycan How I fixed the door rattles 1648100606851

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Can you tell me how you jammed the foam in there? did you have to take off the door panel?
It's pretty easy to remove if you have some plastic prying tools, see @chrisk's post above. Like he says though, it doesn't come off completely because there's some sort of cable to keep it attached to the door but you can take it off far enough to stuff some foam in there

This didn't work for me so the rattling must have been coming from somewhere else. I asked my dealer to see if they could fix the rattling when I took my car in for a recall and they seemed to have solved it (for now)