Electric Sports Sound - is Output Source the Stereo Speakers or Dedicated Speakers?

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Sport Sound is played through car’s standard speakers or does it have its own dedicated speaker/s inside the cabin - i know there is a speaker mounted under the boot floor on the outside, but presumably that’s for external sound only?
Sponsored

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
One external speaker upfront...and one external speaker in the rear. Inside the car, i suppose it is piped through the normal speakers? But this part no doubt be answered by someone who HAS taken delivery of their Taycan, and can confirm :)

EDIT: I found there are actually dedicated interior speakers for this purpose as well! In the rear doors.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
One external speaker upfront...and one external speaker in the rear. Inside the car, i suppose it is piped through the normal speakers? But this part no doubt be answered by someone who HAS taken delivery of their Taycan, and can confirm :)

EDIT: I found there are actually dedicated interior speakers for this purpose as well! In the rear doors.
I know not answering the OP's question but man, have the car for one week+ and only tried it for the first time today - to each their own, but I can safely say mine will remain turned off - not a fan!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I know not answering the OP's question but man, have the car for one week+ and only tried it for the first time today - to each their own, but I can safely say mine will remain turned off - not a fan!
Ditto. Mine's getting removed as well as the trunk beeper.

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I love the sound, I hate having to turn it on every time. It’i find it is a great audio cue for how fast you’re going, and I like the actual sound of it. It doesn’t come through the Burmester speakers though.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
how/where do you turn the trunk beeper off?
You can physically disconnect (search on forum re how) or have your service tech mute via PIWIS but latter may be hard as apparently instructions buried in there deep and in German (according to another poster here)!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
how/where do you turn the trunk beeper off?
It located behind the trunk liner and can be unplugged. There is a thread here about it.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Cars without the optional E-sound, it's a black box in the front of the car... it's for pedestrian warning...

With the optional E-sound, its an additional black box in the rear and two additional speakers in the rear doors...

I looked at adding it, but the AD wanted 11 hours plus $1,000 in parts (in Canada)... not worth it...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars without the optional E-sound, it's a black box in the front of the car... it's for pedestrian warning...

With the optional E-sound, its an additional black box in the rear and two additional speakers in the rear doors...
Anyone have a diagram/photo of the pedestrian location? (w/o E-sound)

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
It right in front of the frunk on the outside (inside the front bumper), closer to the passenger side...

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Opted out for my car. Figured it would be another thing that was good for a min but then would be turned off or forgotten/not used. Saved option $$ for other items.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag

I looked at adding it, but the AD wanted 11 hours plus $1,000 in parts (in Canada)... not worth it...
Do you know where in the rear doors the speaker is located? I have it, and just discovered there is a weird buzzing sound that gets louder in tandem with the sports sound.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag

As mentioned, I have it but it's making a buzzing sound in tandem with the volume of the sport sound. Annoying to say the least.

It is a nice feature, but it's not something that is game changing. You're not missing much, if that makes you feel any better. It's actually not that loud inside the cabin - you can hear it, but not like changing out the exhaust in an ICE car. LOL
Sponsored