Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
On the 4S the front is Black plastic The rear is painted.
Sponsored

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
I had the option of going this route, but decided on passing on the front bumper and doing the CF side mirrors and sides/front lip only instead. I feel that the stock bumper headlight integrated vents match the Mission-E more than the SportDesign bumper. Also it seems like the stock bumper sticks out a bit more whereas the SportDesign is pushed in a little.

However I do like the rear bumper CF lip spoilers though, but it seems like they don't make it a standalone option?? Hopefully when the 2021 configurator is released they'll make it so :)

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Gorgeous. But you went slightly different and went gloss black vs body color on lower louvers on bottom front, yes? Which looks amazing and better approximates what mine will look like although mine will be matte black...
Thanks @Schlossj Yes I wet for the Gloss Black pack on front, side and rear. IMO the pack is striking with the Dolomite Silver, Black Gloss wheels with matching body colour, the BIG yellow boots and red decal on the doors.

Locked my order way back in Dec 19 and with no other Taycan's available to compare, it was a long 7 months of anticipation, and staring at my CGI example on the configurator. However on collection day, she (Evie) met all my expectations and beyond.

Very happy how this gorgeous beast sits on the road and has great presence and attention when parked next to our Tesla counterparts :)

wdl

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Ah...I’m getting the 4S...so I guess mine will be black like the rendering?
That part looks different on 4S. It's the only visual difference between a turbo/turbo s and a fully specced 4s. This part cannot be changed. That front lip on a turbo/turbo s looks a lot more agressive. Wonder if it would be possible to mount it on a 4S

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
That part looks different on 4S. It's the only visual difference between a turbo/turbo s and a fully specced 4s. This part cannot be changed. That front lip on a turbo/turbo s looks a lot more agressive. Wonder if it would be possible to mount it on a 4S
For that part

4S: black plastic
Turbo: painted in exterior color
Turbo S: carbon fiber

wdl

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
For that part

4S: black plastic
Turbo: painted in exterior color
Turbo S: carbon fiber
Indeed, but it's not just the color/finish. The shape is also different. On the turbo/turbo s the left and right part are not connected. On a 4s they are. On a 4s the front lip looks more like it's 1 piece. on the turbo/turbo s it looks more like 3 pieces. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Porsche Taycan SportDesign Package frontbumper

Last edited:
OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Indeed, but it's not just the color/finish. The shape is also different. On the turbo/turbo s the left and right part are not connected. On a 4s they are.
Yes you can see the difference here. I still think the 4S looks good but slightly less aggressive
Porsche Taycan SportDesign Package 67A17265-7F31-4AD7-9E49-77075CDF8203

wdl

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Yes you can see the difference here. I still think the 4S looks good but slightly less aggressive
67A17265-7F31-4AD7-9E49-77075CDF8203.jpeg
Yes still looks good... untill you notice that all the pictures you bookmarked as stunning specs are all turbo/turbo s and the one you have on order is a 4S ;) It's just bummer you can't tick this as an option on a 4S

Last edited:

OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Indeed, but it's not just the color/finish. The shape is also different. On the turbo/turbo s the left and right part are not connected. On a 4s they are. On a 4s the front lip looks more like it's 1 piece. on the turbo/turbo s it looks more like 3 pieces. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

frontbumper.jpg
Although both of these are without the SportDesign package - those make the difference less stark IMHO - meaning the SportDesign front fender is more aggressive already it takes away from a plainer bottom

Reactions: wdl
OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes still looks good... untill you notice that all the pictures you bookmarked as stunning specs are for turbo/turbo s and the one you have on order is a 4S ;) It's just bummer you can't tick this as an option on a 4S
Agreed but spending an additional $40-80K for a better fender and 100 more HP just wasn’t jiving in my ROI model

NorTaycan4s

First Name
NorTaycan4s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volcano Gray4s
Country flag
Gorgeous. But you went slightly different and went gloss black vs body color on lower louvers on bottom front, yes? Which looks amazing and better approximates what mine will look like although mine will be matte black...
Hey, frist of all love this spec, well done!! I have ordered a volcano gray 4s with sport package and porsche exclusive wheels (not mission e) painted in body color... a bit torn between a) stick with this option or b) go with high gloss black sport package and black paint on wheels.... what do you guys feel/suggest?? Appreciate your thoughts!!

OP
OP
Schlossj

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey, frist of all love this spec, well done!! I have ordered a volcano gray 4s with sport package and porsche exclusive wheels (not mission e) painted in body color... a bit torn between a) stick with this option or b) go with high gloss black sport package and black paint on wheels.... what do you guys feel/suggest?? Appreciate your thoughts!!
Man that’s a hard question - it’s purely about what style you like - contrast or no contrast. For me, I like the all black wheels. But Dolomite is lighter color so higher contrast. Good luck - both colors / styles will look amazing.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I'd go Option B.
Sponsored