evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Here is another use for the 3D Printed Phone Mount. Adding a whole 'nother 15" display to the car!

Porsche Taycan Add ANOTHER display to your Taycan! 20200927_110215-

After having SO MANY ISSUES with the Andoid versions of the Porsche Connect and Porsche Charging NA apps I figured maybe I should bring my iPad so I also have access to the IOS versions on my 1400 mile trip tomorrow. Then it occurs to me - "Why not MOUNT my tablet?"

I installed and tested the IOS apps and they appear to be only MARGINALLY better than the Android versions - but I'll take whatever I can get!

It should be noted that NONE of the Porsche Apps work well with tablets.

- Porsche Good To Know App: Stuck in Landscape Mode and will not rotate
- Porsche Connect: Stuck in Portrait Mode, does not use the entire screen, and will not rotate
- Porsche Charging NA: Stuck in Portrait Mode, does not use the entire screen, and will not rotate

Additionally, the Electrify America App is really brain dead wrt to Tablets. Not only is it stuck in Portrait mode but it is also very small and it looks like it generates its own tiny controls/keyboard which unfortunately can not be enlarged...
Sponsored

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
May as well buy a Tesla :D
I already have one. A Model-X. We have decided to keep it after buying the Taycan. My wife likes it better... The software is more intuitive, usable and basically works. ;)
Sponsored