REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Where is this information found in the setting? I cannot seem to find it... I go to updates on the main screen and all it says is it is up to date. thanks..
@bosch88 Center display in glareshield. Settings icon, Software information, Version information.
Sponsored

Last edited:

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@chrisk I have the same text version as you. Screenshot shows the rest of the Version information. Gracenote will be different per country.

Porsche Taycan New car firmware? IMG_9862

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Found this typo after yesterday’s firmware update on the central display Shortcuts buttons page.
Instrument cluster butto
(believe they meant button);)
FC5684A1-1D79-4C00-B81B-633E391E9A3F.jpeg
it could be that there’s a max of 24 characters in that field.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
its the kind of UI design I expect of a first year code/developer employee or student. Not a multi-billion $ car company, pushing the limits of the next generation of driving experience forward.

But then again, it drives like a Porsche so who cares about UI design... #LightSarcasm

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I seem to have gotten the update as well and now I have an Instrument cluster butto option as well. Possibly coincidentally or not, weather is not working today. The rest of Connect services seem fine. Weather looks like it tries to load then I just get a blank screen. I have tried it only once, without turning off the car or any other steps that might restart PCM to fix it.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I do not believe 24 characters is the issue. Unless it is specific to the page. As you can see in this attachment line 1 and line 2
Porsche Taycan New car firmware? 70D9EAFC-5167-493E-BC90-59F390F12D08
have more than 24 characters.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
its the kind of UI design I expect of a first year code/developer employee or student. Not a multi-billion $ car company, pushing the limits of the next generation of driving experience forward.
Unfortunately it
I do not believe 24 characters is the issue. Unless it is specific to the page. As you can see in this attachment line 1 and line 2
70D9EAFC-5167-493E-BC90-59F390F12D08.jpeg
have more than 24 characters.
I don't
It might still be some kind of max length issue. The screen where this typo happens has two columns with text and it is possible each column has a max length so they don't overlap with each other.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Does anyone know what the UI software version is for the 2021 models?
Mine is a MY21

Porsche Taycan New car firmware? DDBA1A11-3B68-44BA-B0ED-8B6AC583DD91

I also see the park assist wheel on boot sequence in the lower console (where the parking camera button lives) although only momentarily.

I also have only two lines of icons on the main homepage rather than 2 and a bit.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It looks like OTA updates are just used for map updates so far on MY 2020 and the software they run is behind the current production version in 2021s and unclear if it will ever be updated. Nothing like Tesla for sure.

Last edited:

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I seem to have gotten the update as well and now I have an Instrument cluster butto option as well. Possibly coincidentally or not, weather is not working today. The rest of Connect services seem fine. Weather looks like it tries to load then I just get a blank screen. I have tried it only once, without turning off the car or any other steps that might restart PCM to fix it.
Weather working fine after the car sat overnight.
Sponsored

Reactions: MR1