New 2021-functions in the 2020-model?

Pepperkake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just noticed this video on youtube where he goes through what I believe are most of the new stuff coming with the 2021-model. Much have probably been discussed here already, but I struggle to find a clear answer on which (some, all or none) of these new functions that can/will be made available for us "early adopters" with a 2020-car? Anyone with some good indications, or even better; a clear answer from Porsche? :)
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just noticed this video on youtube where he goes through what I believe are most of the new stuff coming with the 2021-model. Much have probably been discussed here already, but I struggle to find a clear answer on which (some, all or none) of these new functions that can/will be made available for us "early adopters" with a 2020-car? Anyone with some good indications, or even better; a clear answer from Porsche? :)
Guess we will have to wait and see. Last I heard was Q1 2021 for the software update for MY2020 vehicles. Guessing that means March 73rd. What I've heard, but should be considered speculative, is that GPS-based lift (if you have the air suspension) and wireless Car Play will be included, along with additional Connect app car control functions (remote lock/unlock).

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
The only 2021 software feature that's 100% confirmed for MY 2020 Taycans is wireless CarPlay. Even with that, the timing is not something that has been communicated.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Guess we will have to wait and see. Last I heard was Q1 2021 for the software update for MY2020 vehicles. Guessing that means March 73rd. What I've heard, but should be considered speculative, is that GPS-based lift (if you have the air suspension) and wireless Car Play will be included, along with additional Connect app car control functions (remote lock/unlock).
All Taycans have air suspension.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I heard the the 2021 have so much different hardware so I’m think the 2021 functions Will nerver come to the 2020 modell.. :-(

OP
OP

Pepperkake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I heard the the 2021 have so much different hardware so I’m think the 2021 functions Will nerver come to the 2020 modell.. :-(
Could you elaborate on this? Very interested to learn about the differences :)

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
It has been reported elsewhere in this forum that a 1Q update will also include the Plug & Charge feature.

According to Porsche, "the feature simplifies charging. Taycan drivers merely have to plug in the charging cable and authentication is handled automatically via the ISO 15118 standard. As a result, the charging station identifies the connected vehicle and can process payments securely and automatically. Plug & Charge will be available at many Electrify America charging points at the start of 2021."
It is not clear if Plug & Charge will be a FOD ("Feature on Demand") ie, it costs money, or if it is installed automatically, i.e. no charge.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
It is not clear if Plug & Charge will be a FOD ("Feature on Demand") ie, it costs money, or if it is installed automatically, i.e. no charge.
I would humbly suggest that the action/gesture to request this feature _IF_ it's FOD - would be the act of plugging in…

keep in mind this feature is so that you can charge and pay money to charge…

it makes very little sense to me personally if Porsche charges to deliver this feature - no pun intended.

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I would humbly suggest that the action/gesture to request this feature _IF_ it's FOD - would be the act of plugging in…

keep in mind this feature is so that you can charge and pay money to charge…

it makes very little sense to me personally if Porsche charges to deliver this feature - no pun intended.
Remember, we're talking here about Porsche, a company that can find a way to charge big bucks for keyless entry on a $100k - $150k luxury car when it is a standard feature in many cars in the $30k range. After driving Porsches for 45 years, I've learned that you just must be prepared to pull out your credit card.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe that Plug & Charge will be a free feature but I also foresee software integrations issues between Porsche and EA which will result in us being charged if the charge is initiated with Plug & Charge instead of the Charging NA app. This has already been reported by a 2021 owner.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
at this point, I’d be willing to pay for each charge if it was as simple, seamless and dependable as is the Tesla supercharging network

I believe that Plug & Charge will be a free feature but I also foresee software integrations issues between Porsche and EA which will result in us being charged if the charge is initiated with Plug & Charge instead of the Charging NA app. This has already been reported by a 2021 owner.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
at this point, I’d be willing to pay for each charge if it was as simple, seamless and dependable as is the Tesla supercharging network
Charge and plug is not enough for "Dependable". It requires EA to fix their stations and even entire sites that are randomly unavailable and make sute their charges to be able to provide the nominal 150kwh rate that I personally have not been able to get even half of that.
Sponsored