Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
the Taycan "flames" feature requires the 12V battery to be fully functional - given current 12V discharge circumstances Porsche at this time can not offer the "flames" feature until we have stabilized the 12V discharge situation. "Flames" will return as a FOD feature in a future OTA update. Porsche North America appreciates your patience and understanding while we work on these technical difficulties.
Porsche Taycan Taycan software update - reported problems post update FE488158-6072-46FC-944B-08D0A6893D24
Sponsored

ColoradoTaycan

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2015 GT3
Country flag
Same issue. Sport chrono clock is dead. Replacement won’t be here until mid May. On the bright side wireless Apple CarPlay works flawlessly
They told me a long time frame and mine actually came in this week so a lot earlier than expected. I have the white face clock so not sure if that sped things up.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well mine is at dealer and first half went great. Second half well it crashed, they are hoping to start over as it didn’t take. I am a bit nervous....

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All, my MY20 4s went in on Wed at 9am for the update and I picked it up today at 3pm. The service manager indicated all went smoothly. I was of course very concerned after reading this forum. Upon getting in the car, the wireless Apple play started right up! Didn’t even plug it in once. All settings except for the star button on the dash and the lane keep assist were as I left them. My profile and seat memory settings were all fine. And the best part is - I fully charged the car head of a long drive tomorrow and got 260 miles of range...which I have never seen the likes of in my car. Frankly, other than the fact that the drivers seat seems to like to go to a weird position sometime after I get out (I then hold the memory 1 button and it’s back - let’s see if this happens more than twice), I’d say I’m pretty happy with the results. Of course if anything changes I’ll be back here to vent (read: report).

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
Same issue. Sport chrono clock is dead. Replacement won’t be here until mid May. On the bright side wireless Apple CarPlay works flawlessly
I too have a problem with sport chrono clock and some recalibration of the steering wheel...The service director was working on the car today (it's been there since Tuesday afternoon) saying it's been the last part of the update that went wrong and gives error code regarding the chrono clock...
According to him the car is drivable but I prefer to wait until monday so they can retry to install the last part of the update. Weird stuff still...
I'll keep you posted.

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
the car went to the dealer Sunday night ….. still no update complete. I called the dealer after multiple calls and no way to speak with someone the advisor said the steering wheel controls are not functional and they do not know why (they have a tech line ticket)l - very disappointed, I bought the car with the intention of having ota available since a live pretty far from the dealer, no loaner, no car just a pretty nice payment. 2 Macans , 1 cayman, 1 911 and i don't think i am buying another porsche in my lifetime - problems since day 1 nov 2020 still not resolved (1800 does not follow up or seen to care- 3 weeks for dealership appointments - people think tesla is bad :(( ) I contacted the 1800 today and they made a ticket - who knows I am ready to get out of the car

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I would urge a bit of patience with this major update. I am actually kind of joking, I am not at all concerned. all the issues will be resolved, and we are getting features rolled in that we were never originally promised.

truth is once our car is back in our hands the process itself will fade and the features will remain. And most owners are having no issues, you only see problems in forums like this. I know my dealer has had no issues with all the updates they have done so far.

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I would urge a bit of patience with this major update. I am actually kind of joking, I am not at all concerned. all the issues will be resolved, and we are getting features rolled in that we were never originally promised.

truth is once our car is back in our hands the process itself will fade and the features will remain. And most owners are having no issues, you only see problems in forums like this. I know my dealer has had no issues with all the updates they have done so far.
Hope so!!!!!

They do need to fix the customer service for the connect services!!!!!! it is just not compatible with a brand like that. I don t understand how tesla can make that happen and VW group cannot. just hire some tesla Infotainment people

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, after reading many posts (no time for all 232 of them) about the good and the bad related to this update makes me want to wait a bit longer for the bugs to get worked out. I'm not in a real hurry for this. My car is working just fine the way it is. I may be missing out on enjoying the little conveniences that come from a software-lift but I'll survive...

Last edited:

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Well, after reading many emails (no time for all 232 of them) about the good and the bad related to this update makes me want to wait a bit longer for the bugs to get worked out. I'm not in a real hurry for this. My car is working just fine the way it is. I may be missing out on enjoying the little conveniences that come from a software-lift but I'll survive...
I do not blame you brother. If someone comes up with a decent offer I am ready for the car to go away . all the excitement and joy is gone from this car…..( i like the way the car drives and the livability but it is like i have a mcallen( always broken but beautiful to look at it)

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Well, after reading many emails (no time for all 232 of them) about the good and the bad related to this update makes me want to wait a bit longer for the bugs to get worked out. I'm not in a real hurry for this. My car is working just fine the way it is. I may be missing out on enjoying the little conveniences that come from a software-lift but I'll survive...
If the update doesn't succeed the first time, it's not your problem.
If you run into the 12V issue, it is.
Mine had the WMA5 update and it wasn't a problem, it all went smoothly.
Now I'm able to receive OTA updates and it's supposed to prevent visiting the dealer for updates in the future.

Not all cars have update problems you know.
There's not a single Taycan that has been written off, in all cases the dealer (will/have to) sort the problem.
If you're not familiar with forums or Internet it looks like all cars have problems...
I drove a rotary (Mazda RX8) for 15 years, 115000km and still do, not a single problem whatsoever although Internet thinks differently...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Received a call from my dealer today stating my scheduled appointment next week for the update needs to be rescheduled as they're "finding that there is an issue with the software update" and they're "having technical difficulty with some the current Taycan updates." Suppose I'll just hold off until the process is more streamlined at my dealership.
Same call from my dealership cancelling my appointment that was scheduled yesterday. Rescheduled for 2 weeks from now. Hopefully they sort everything out by then.
So the original post was spot on?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Now I'm able to receive OTA updates and it's supposed to prevent visiting the dealer for updates in the future.
Updates for any important fixes are unlikely to happen via OTA even after the update. Other than map, apps and legal disclaimer updates it will not update the core car modules or even the PCM's main software.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
You have unrealistic expectations from OTA even after the update. Other than map, apps and legal disclaimer updates it will not update the core car modules or even the PCM's main software.
Is that your opinion or a fact?
How can you even tell what is being updated?
Unless you're a member of the Porsche software development team stop guessing.
Your word is as good as mine.
OTA-updates are for not having to visit the dealer.
All I'm saying.
You can't say anything about what kind of updates, you just don't know.

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
Update done! Picked it up yesterday afternoon, in time for the weekend. The drive home was great, the clock works, Apple CarPlay was right there the minute I got in the car, my Homelink setting was still active, and the trunk gesture works. I'll explore more over the weekend, but from what I can gather so far, the full update was successful.
A fabulous car just got better!

...and on we go.

Cheers
Sponsored