Mod to make 18 way seats a bit less tiring?

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Hi all, I have the 18 way sport seats and great as they may be when driving "spirited" - they do tend to cramp up my left leg/hip after a couple of hours drive (I know.. it's an age thing). My back is old and has suffered a few prolapses during the years, so I was wondering if anyone have come up with a mod to make the seats a bit more forgiving when spending more than 2-3 hours in them? (Other than switching them out for 14 way massage seats). (If I was to venture a guess, I'd say it's primarily the lumbar support that's actually not very supporting - even on it's "highest" setting.)
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Hi all, I have the 18 way sport seats and great as they may be when driving "spirited" - they do tend to cramp up my left leg/hip after a couple of hours drive (I know.. it's an age thing). My back is old and has suffered a few prolapses during the years, so I was wondering if anyone have come up with a mod to make the seats a bit more forgiving when spending more than 2-3 hours in them? (Other than switching them out for 14 way massage seats). (If I was to venture a guess, I'd say it's primarily the lumbar support that's actually not very supporting - even on it's "highest" setting.)
I do not know if this helps or not...........but the 14 way and 18 way seats are identical - except for the seat and side bolsters being adjustable on the 18 way. I have the 18 way as well. Perhaps deflating the seat/side bolsters all the way making them less 'confining'? I fortunately do not have back/leg/hip problems and keep mine pretty snug. This is one option that I would definitely purchase again.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have exactly the same problem with my leg/hip/back on the left side. Like you, I am not old, but my back has been doing it's job for 65 years. I've had some problems but have a stretching and exercise routine that allows me to shovel multiple driveways and do whatever I need, so I really haven't had significant problems. I drove 15 hours straight a month ago and my left side back/hip/leg is still hurting. I've been looking at possible solutions, and certainly I'm kicking myself for not getting the massage seats if that might have helped. Otherwise what I've done is I tightened the back and seat bolsters to maximum, extended the thigh squab slightly, maxed out the lumbar support and set up the seat to a more upright position.

I'll be heading out for another 12+ hour drive next week, and I'll report back. I really love this car, and I'm willing to do whatever is required to set it up so I can drive it comfortably. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem.
Sponsored