Anyone Get the Trunk Foot Wave Thing To Work?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The trunk sensor is offset to the right of center. Kick under the C in PORSCHE. Works every time for me.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Don't remember where I kick, but I guess in the middle (under the button?)?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Under the button, not to the button :facepalm:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Strange, I always got it to open when I kicked under the “O” (for Open).
Same here, and if my hands are still full when I want to close it, I use the "C" position to close, just for grins.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Under O for Open, under C for Close? Sounds logical, right? :giggle:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Just useless and dumb. Much easier just to push the button! I don't know how may times I have kicked it and hit my fibula in the process - and the trunk did not open...
I only tried a few times, then I stopped due to risk of injury! :oops:

Tried again today. After first attempt, the car recognized my key and unlocked. But whatever I tried, the trunk would not open. :rolleyes:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly, you also have to enable that in the settings.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Took delivery of my car today! Generally pretty smooth and enjoyable so far. I read the quick start manual and learned there is supposed to be a foot wave feature that opens the trunk. Didn't know it was supposed to be there, pleasant surprise! But after 5min of fake kicking my Taycan in my driveway, I gave up. Anyone else get this to work? Any tricks?
That feature has worked all the time for me. The frunk opener is more of a hit and miss. Guess maybe 30% success rate. It has been a really nice feature when arriving at the car with shopping in both hands. Once I set it up and found where to kick it works fine.

Reactions: B61

SoCalTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I only tried a few times, then I stopped due to risk of injury! :oops:

Tried again today. After first attempt, the car recognized my key and unlocked. But whatever I tried, the trunk would not open. :rolleyes:
When I took delivery of my car last weekend, the foot trunk opener and hand frunk opener didn’t work. I tried a combination of things and now it works.

1. Change locking/unlocking settings to unlock all doors instead of just the driver’s door. Also, enable the open trunk with sensor option in Comfort Access.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/new-feature-to-open-trunk-with-your-foot.2334/

2. Reboot the PCM (this part was a little scary). Just reboot, don’t go into the engineering settings. Be very patient and allow a few minutes for the system to reboot.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/how-to-reboot-pcm.3021/

After doing the above, the foot trunk opener worked.

The technique (I call it the trunk opening dance):

- Stand in the center of the rear bumper
- Stick your right foot under the bumper (don’t kick) towards the center of the license plate, hold it there for maybe 2-3 seconds, then remove your foot. The trunk should open/close.
- If it’s the first thing in the morning, you might have to wait a few seconds after the rear lights illuminate before the foot trunk opener will work.

This video at around the 1:50 mark will demonstrate the “dance.”

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
works all the time for me.....few tips I picked up in the beginning.
1. be sure the key is in your pocket.....seems to have a proximity sensor for it in the back.
2. found it doesn't matter how fast you float your foot forward/under, but if you pull it back quickly it seems to register this more reliably.

Fronk: don't have your key in your pocket if you take a microfiber towel and wipe off the excess water after a car wash.....it seems to always open my fronk!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Anyone Get the Trunk Foot Wave Thing To Work? 1633580440790

This was indeed not checked. I have never unchecked it, so I assume it has been done when the car was in for the last update. :oops:

Anyway, happy to report, that it works now!

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Took delivery of my car today! Generally pretty smooth and enjoyable so far. I read the quick start manual and learned there is supposed to be a foot wave feature that opens the trunk. Didn't know it was supposed to be there, pleasant surprise! But after 5min of fake kicking my Taycan in my driveway, I gave up. Anyone else get this to work? Any tricks?
Same thing happened to me when I first picked up my car. What worked was to clean the underside (where the sensor is located). Just clean the large smooth area where your kicking motion would set it off. It’s worked ever since.
Sponsored