Sabreliner

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan 4S, '91 911 C4
Country flag
Everyone who has the means should have had at least one 911 in their car history, even if briefly. It is such an icon. If you have never experienced a 911 and it fits into your life, it's a no brainer, do it.

I don't regret switching to the Taycan, but I also don't regret the time I had with my 911s. The only regret I would have is not trying something I could have.
Sponsored

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I own both a 911 and a taycan, IMO I’ll get board of the taycan then drive the 911 for a few weeks and then I’ll get board of the 911 and drive the taycan for a few weeks lol.

In my opinion the 911 is way more fun to drive. Heck even my cayman is more enjoyable than the taycan.

the electric sports sound just got so old after a few months and now it just feels like a everyday normal car to use.

To each their own tho.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
I currently DD my '11 997.2TT with 6speed - a unicorn car. I never thought i'd part with it, but last time I took it in for service, they gave me a taycan loaner. It was the first time in 7yrs of ownership that I found myself calling in with an excuse or two to extend the time they are holding my 911 so that I can keep the taycan that much longer.

I'm waiting on mine to deliver come Feb and the 911 will go on the market as soon as I get the taycan wrapped in PPF.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I traded my 991.2 in on my CT4S. I don't miss it at all. I was using my 911 as a daily driver, and the Taycan fits that role much better. I still have my GT4 for weekend fun.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
I have both. Totally different cars and not really comparable IMHO.
I
38F6595A-41BC-4EA1-8639-B2FAF58A7388.jpeg
Heh, I have somewhat simlar setup: Model 3 Performance, 911 Turbo S but I have Cayenne, no Taycan.

Honestly, I'm considering letting the 911 go and switching my car from the Tesla to a Cross Tourismo. Why ? Well, I don't drive the 911 nearly enough, and when I do, it's a big headache to find any kind of decent road to enjoy it on (North Houston area). I used to have a huge commute (30k miles plus per year) but that's dropped down to probably under 10k and so whereas before I pounded around in the Tesla knowing I didn't car about putting that kind of mileage on it, now I'm wondering why I'm subjecting myself to it while the 911 remains in the garage? I could drive / commute in the 911 if I wanted but believe me when I say there are ZERO interesting roads on my commute.

Add to the fact that I have a teenager about to reach driving age and the thought of him getting a car means we'd have 4 cars at the house which is one more garage slot than I have and seems kind of unnecessary. My thought was to get my wife a new SUV to replace her Cayenne and upgrade myself from the Tesla to a Taycan, and pass the Cayenne off to my son. I'd much rather keep that than the Tesla. We've had it since new and we kind of all love it. It's a diesel and should take the miles like a champ, just lavished some 100k mile service love on it and it should hopefully be good for a while.

I'd miss the 911 and likely add one back in at some point, perhaps. But for now....it seems like it's being underused.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got the Taycan 4S to replace a Panamera Turbo. Never considered it a replacement for my 911 and never would. I enjoy both for very different reasons, but would not give up the 911 for the Taycan, at least at this point. If you have always wanted a 911 and both fit your "needs" I'd go for the 911 at this point. There will be more and better EV options when you're ready to make the switch.

MD1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I absolutely love my Taycan 4S. The only thing I miss is the manual in my C2S. I certainly don't miss the maintenance, fossil fuel consumption, et al. I don't even miss the sound - something I wouldn't have wagered on... The 4S is the winner for my purposes, hands down. And I should note that it's every bit a sports car to drive, never mind the two additional doors. Feels compact and breaks the laws of physics IMHO. Add in the quintessential high fender shoulders to the very wide and low slung architecture and it's every bit a Porsche for the driver. I look for reasons to drive it and am on track to put many more miles it than my 997 thanks to the enhanced utility.

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan, Miami Blue Boxster 718, Mercedes-Benz A Class, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Unless you need 4 doors and rear seats for adults I wouldn't buy a Taycan over a 911. I have just sold my Taycan 4S and ordered a 911 922 GTS. The Taycan is not a sports car IMO, I found myself using my 718 rather the Taycan all the time. The Taycan "feels" like it is, a very very heavy wide car. Sure it's fast and given it's weight a miracle of engineering but so what, do you want a Sports car or a family car?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I only like the classic 911 (930).
Had a 992 C4S but after a while I got tired of the drama, it felt outdated....even slow (yes, you read that correctly ?).
I was glad I had my Taycan Turbo S back cuz the ride is so much smoother, more powerful and it has a incredible intimidating presence, love it!
What I REALLY don't like about the 992 is:
-You can't see the engine anymore these days...
-Dails are analog AND digital (make up your freaking mind Porsche!)
Although digital is modern it just doesn't fit a 911 imho.
-Ride height, stiffness.
-Noise of engine (it only sounds good at high revs, of course).
-Gearbox shifting in auto....hate that.
-Don't like the modern 911 design, more of the same, classics have way more style.?

I've enjoyed the 992 nevertheless and I'm glad I could actually test having a 911 for two months.
I wouldn't buy one though. ??‍♂

I guess I'm already switched to the better ride an EV provides...
But then again, I'll own a Lamborghini soon...
For me there's nothing better than a 5.2l V10...?

Last edited:

mziegler38

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2019 991.2 C4S
Country flag
Anyone who switched from 911 to Taycan ? or has both who can tell me what I’ll miss (if I never got the 911). I always thought I’d aim to get a 911 at this point in life. Then Mission E changed my thoughts. Currently, have a 4S on order.

Given that 10 years from now, ICE would be completely out in my area… would it have been better to go for a 911. What are everyone’s quick thoughts ?
Everyone who has the means should have had at least one 911 in their car history, even if briefly. It is such an icon. If you have never experienced a 911 and it fits into your life, it's a no brainer, do it.

I don't regret switching to the Taycan, but I also don't regret the time I had with my 911s. The only regret I would have is not trying something I could have.
I currently own both cars. My Taycan is a 4S, My 911 is a 991.2 C4S Cab.
These are very different cars each having its own special characteristics. As I get older, I find getting in and out of the 911 more difficult where as the Taycan is not an issue. The ability to have 4 person capacity is a must if you have friends who want to share a dinning experience using one car. The handling of the 911 certainly outshines the Taycan as it is much more maneuverable through twistys. I had an incident where I pushed the Taycan through a turn and had the front end move out. I'm much more reserved with it now. I do enjoy the relative quiet of the Taycan, but some times yearn for the screaming exhaust sound of the 911 exhaust.
If I could only have one of the two cars, I would choose the Taycan due to its practically, but the range anxiety is still in my mind

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Had several 911s. Brillant car!
If you never had one, buy one now.

Otherwise, the political landscape's changing and the Taycan is the best fit.
It has some clear advantages over the 911, but not its handling and agility.

alyssii

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They will keep the 911 as an ICE for as long as possible, every other car in the range will go electric, so you’ll still be able to scratch that itch in a few years if you feel you need to.
Newer ones don’t sound like like the old ones anyway, so get a 991.1 in a few years’ time if you still have the urge
I owned a 911.2 - preconfigured initially with standard exhaust pipes. Sounded like a vacuum cleaner :) nothing exciting.

Also owned a 997 and 996.
Since March 21 I drive a Taycan 4S.
I never regretted having traded in my 911.

Taycan suits my drivers profile, more practical than 911, fun to drive as well.
I don’t miss the combustion engine sound!

Reactions: Dee

Valerian

First Name
Valerian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had a 911 Carrera sport cabriolet which I adored. The looks, sound and wind in your hair. Can’t beat it. What made it easier for me was going from 911 to Panamera hybrid to Taycan. Better than going ‘cold turkey’.
The Taycan though has grown on me the more I drive it. The overtaking is brilliant.
Like others I do miss the sound of the 911.
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs  911 ? BF4B67F1-CD73-4789-ACC6-9B563CF06A29
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs  911 ? DCAE4F8B-7521-4C1F-AF73-3C687458A90C
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs  911 ? D041A7C2-4C52-4092-B871-ED9A583D76B2

My advice would be to go for the Taycan but also do what you can to sometime own a 911. The 911 is still King but the Taycan is a great more environmentally friendly queen.
Enjoy.
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4S vs  911 ? BF4B67F1-CD73-4789-ACC6-9B563CF06A29