Is Taycan Turbo S too much as a daily driver

Pmsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I am considering buying a highly optioned TTS 2020 at a price level that is a bit below my configuration for a similarly optioned 4s 2022.
Some are advising me that the TTS is too much to enjoy as a daily driver, not to say sickening.
I would love to hear from TTS owners or those who have driven the TTS for a certain period about their experience so far / usability as a daily driver.
I only did a short test drive with a TTS (few days with 4s).
I obviously do not need the extra power ; it is more about not taking the first day depreciation hit on a highly optioned 4s and being able to get a car sooner given the delivery delays.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
As a 4S owner, I would say no way that a TTS is too much. If you like the color and configuration, how could this be even a question? In your position, I would definitely get the TTS (as long as I knew it had not been abused/lemoned.).

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I think even my 4S is too much as a daily. I hardly find myself needing any of the power lurking within.

That said, if I were in your shoes I would probably take the TTS.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
yes it is too much - gloriously too much - I highly recommend it.

OP
OP

Pmsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
If it’s too fast, you are too old.
You could be on to something here :) .

Just wanted to get this forum’s views to feel a bit reassured that I will not be getting angry stares from my wife and kids each time I drive away at a red light even when in Normal mode.

OP
OP

Pmsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
As a 4S owner, I would say no way that a TTS is too much. If you like the color and configuration, how could this be even a question? In your position, I would definitely get the TTS (as long as I knew it had not been abused/lemoned.).
Not too worried about it being abused. The car has less than 20k km, is being sold by a Porsche Dealer and 2 years Porsche Approved Guarantee included.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I am considering buying a highly optioned TTS 2020 at a price level that is a bit below my configuration for a similarly optioned 4s 2022.
Some are advising me that the TTS is too much to enjoy as a daily driver, not to say sickening.
I would love to hear from TTS owners or those who driven the TTS for a certain period about their experience so far / usability as a daily driver.
I obviously do not need the extra power ; it is more about not taking the first day depreciation hit on a highly optioned 4s and being able to get a car sooner given the delivery delays.
There's no such thing as "enough power".
I daily drive my TTS and it's a civilized BEAST.
A very friendly beast I have to say too cuz it is what you want it to be.
Absolutely love it.
King of all cars but too elegant to have to prove itself...
It delivers it's power seemingly effortlessly, gracefully.
But sure, you can drive it slowly, sure.....sure...

PS If you are worried about depreciation you shouldn't be looking in this price range anyway...

OP
OP

Pmsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
There's no such thing as "enough power".
I daily drive my TTS and it's a civilized BEAST.
A very friendly beast I have to say too cuz it is what you want it to be.
Absolutely love it.
King of all cars but too elegant to have to prove itself...
It delivers it's power seemingly effortlessly, gracef

PS If you are worried about depreciation you shouldn't be looking in this price range anyway...
Thanks for your feedback.
As to my reasoning regarding depreciation: whatever helps us justifying to ourselves spending this kind of money on a car I guess

Reactions: Dee

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
I use my TTS as a daily driver. No problem at all. You can put those AMGs, Lambos and 911s in their place if they for a second think they can beat you.

you just have to floor it once, and then move to the side and wait 2-4 seconds for them to pass ;)

also, I am 41 years old with a wife and kid so I use it as a family car as well.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I am in the same situation as the OP and was on the fence between a new highly spec’d 4S/moderately spec’d Turbo and wait who knows how long for an allocation and delivery and decided on a very low mileage 2020 CPO TTS instead. It gets delivered today from the transport company (as the dealer I purchased it from was out of state). I’m super excited. Hoping that if I keep it in normal mode it won’t make me nauseous going to the supermarket… ?

OP
OP

Pmsl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I am in the same situation as the OP and was on the fence between a new highly spec’d 4S/moderately spec’d Turbo and wait who knows how long for an allocation and delivery and decided on a very low mileage 2020 CPO TTS instead. It gets delivered today from the transport company (as the dealer I purchased it from was out of state). I’m super excited. Hoping that if I keep it in normal mode it won’t make me nauseous going to the supermarket… ?
Congratulations. I have a pretty good idea of what you will be doing this Sunday afternoon :) . Looking forward to you feedback after you have taken delivery and are done playing around with it for the day.

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I would love to hear from TTS owners or those who have driven the TTS for a certain period about their experience so far / usability as a daily driver.

I've been driving my 2021 Taycan Turbo S almost daily since June 2021 and am loving it! Not only that, but my default drive mode Sport Plus (with Individual Mode tweaks).

Not once have I thought to myself, "Wow, this is just too much power for a routine drive." Seriously, you could put your 80yr old grandma behind the wheel of a TTS and she'd do just fine.

I think the whole idea of fast cars not being suitable "daily drivers" came from the world of exotics like Ferrari and Lambo. I considered getting a Ferrari a few years back and the salesman gave me an unsolicited warning about how the car shouldn't be considered a daily driver. Said something about how it's made for weekend 'spirited driving' and I remember how that kind of soured me to the whole exotic car market.

Porsche isn't like that. I used my 911 Turbo S as a daily driver and am now doing the same with the TTS. These cars are totally fine for every day use!

Last edited:

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Looking forward to you feedback after you have taken delivery and are done playing around with it for the day.
Quick note to say, Oh. My. God. it really is amazing and a marvel of engineering. Still getting everything set up and tweaked but did a little stint around the neighborhood, including one time trying launch control. Crazy!!

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Taycan turbo S from a dealer…
Somebody passed to Kronos and saw the previous car of @eh0601.
He received his new Cross Turismo Turbo S not long ago.
And yes the car is in very good condition as it was fully wrapped.
I wouldn’t think that the power will be a problem, the range might compared to a 4S.
But at least you will have it directly instead of waiting for months like us.
Sponsored

Reactions: sfr