Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I went with PPF and ceramic coating for my RWD. I’m super happy with the results. However, given the cost of PPF, would you spend that on PPF, or get more options if you could go back in time?
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes, PPF and Ceramic is expensive - let's say $8K. But on a $200K car I would say it is one of the 'must have' options. This is my first experience with PPF and ceramic, and I can say I've never seen anything like it. The car stays clean even in the worst rain/snow and washes off with just a light rinse, and looks like its been detailed with Carnauba wax. Now I've got a car that is pretty much protected against any dings or chips in the paint, and every time I see it, it looks absolutely stunning - like it's just been detailed. I've had some rocks hit the hood that would have required a repair and repaint without PPF, and I've had a few incidents in parking lots that were nothing thanks to the PPF. For a car that is as beautiful as the Taycan, having a 'force field' around the car that also repels dirt is tough to beat.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Yes, PPF and Ceramic is expensive - let's say $8K. But on a $200K car I would say it is one of the 'must have' options. This is my first experience with PPF and ceramic, and I can say I've never seen anything like it. The car stays clean even in the worst rain/snow and washes off with just a light rinse, and looks like its been detailed with Carnauba wax. Now I've got a car that is pretty much protected against any dings or chips in the paint, and every time I see it, it looks absolutely stunning - like it's just been detailed. I've had some rocks hit the hood that would have required a repair and repaint without PPF, and I've had a few incidents in parking lots that were nothing thanks to the PPF. For a car that is as beautiful as the Taycan, having a 'force field' around the car that also repels dirt is tough to beat.
[/QUOTE
I mostly agree on everything but it will not prevent a ding from a door opening.

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I was thinking if I should have spent the PPF money on leather interior and RAS for a better car and improved resale value? Not having to worry about stone chips and doing a repaint makes me feel better though. I’ll leave this problem for future me to figure out.
Sponsored