totally hear you on this and you’re not wrong. At the same time you’re coming from a completely different perspective than us on completely different timelines with ‘21s lingering at the factory. The compounding challenges for us include:
- buying another car to fill the gap (some even sold cars...
you’re not missing much:
“The lineup will grow again in the middle of next year with a variant that will slot just below the Taycan Turbo. The new GTS model should be powered by a 93.4-kilowatt- hour battery and have sporty styling and handling.”
Short term there won’t be a difference in ‘21 vs ‘22 pricing but 2-3 years from now I anticipate a $10k difference in resale cost. I’m justifying staying the course with the ‘21 CT4 as long as the $7500 tax credit remains in place, which should soften the residual blow later on.
Complete speculation, I’m guessing a supplier doesn’t have the chip(s) and that part is holding everything up. Why this is not communicated by anyone to us that are waiting is bewildering.
My wife and I are still interested in buying our 2021, especially in light of the greater chip and supply...
This is not accurate. I’ve been shifted four months in the US. Delivery started at 9/3, now to 12/31. Some cars are trickling in, including 2022s somehow but there are significant delays for US-bound cars.
Except for the half a dozen ‘22s (reported on this forum so far) that are already on ships to the US.
My wife will be driving a three year old car for now - a BMW we’re more or less forced to buy off lease - since the current ETA for her ‘21 CT4 is now four months after the initial delivery...
We’re all aware of this. What’s coming out in this and other threads is ‘22s tracking ahead of ‘21s. I didn’t think that would be possible but there are now ‘22s on ships with earlier delivery dates than our ‘21s sitting unfinished at the factory.
I have no issue with others receiving cars on...
That’s definitely few options. Wonder what the holdup is for all the stuck 2021 CT4.
Sport chrono w/compass
Rear axle steer
Heated steering wheel
Power folding mirrors
Also delivery to Texas, expected delivery 12/10, moved from original date of 9/3.
Same situation here (Texas/US)with a CT4. Not much info out there, though dealer has said they’ve had other customer Taycans at port for months waiting on parts, so even if cars start shipping stateside they’ll be stuck until the parts arrive.
I’d be really shocked and disappointed if MY22s...
Or get both. Already have a Panamera ST and wife ordered Taycan CT to replace her X5d, so we will be a two Porsche wagon household.
I plan to borrow her new car on weekends to run errands, limiting miles on the ST and trying to be more eco-conscious. ST will obviously be the long roadtrip car...