'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag

addcarlights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cayman 2017
Country flag
I wonder if it’s possible to get custom after market ones.

i would have expected the storm trooper guy to have his car projection a storm trooper on the floor.

i would like my unicorn logo if I can find a way.
Surely you can get custom your logo of storm trooper, if you are interested, you can check this to know more:
https://www.addcarlights.com/customized-door-lights/

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Yes, you do.
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but just verifying that I likely have thrown money away for something I didn’t need (cause didn’t research it well enough)…BUT…if you don’t have the Porsche logo puddle lights option, and you’re in the car, and open the door to get out, there will still be puddle lighting from the door standard, just not with a Porsche logo??!! I think the Porsche logo light is corny and not impressive, so would have gladly not ordered it, but I thought it was the only true door based puddle light available, and I live in a “puddly” area. :) thx!

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
…if you don’t have the Porsche logo puddle lights option, and you’re in the car, and open the door to get out, there will still be puddle lighting from the door standard, just not with a Porsche logo??!!
The standard door exit lighting comes from the door mirrors, whereas the optional puddle lighting consists of projectors in the bottoms of all four doors. Since the rear doors do not have mirrors, the option is the only way to give them puddle lighting.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
The standard door exit lighting comes from the door mirrors, whereas the optional puddle lighting consists of projectors in the bottoms of all four doors. Since the rear doors do not have mirrors, the option is the only way to give them puddle lighting.
Thank you! Whew. That’s what I had thought and now glad I optioned them (even though I really don’t need branding on the ground everytime I step out - I’m someone who removed all badging). Appreciate the clarity from you!

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I also noticed that the Porsche logo lights can be added afterwards. I assume there is basic lighting if you don’t have the option to begin with otherwise the description would have said so (hopefully).

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKULEDPRO.html
I got a set of these for my Cayenne for like $20/pair and work great. Haven't found them for Taycan yet. Has anyone else found these <$100?

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I question this response. The puddle lights in either case only light up when the door is open, correct? If so, then when the door in the back is open, I get the unbranded light shooting down from the standard light in each of the four doors when opened. It is my understanding the $300 option (as I recall) only changes the light from white light to a "porsche" logo and still needs to door to be open to shine on the ground.

The mirror light works the same in both cases.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I question this response. The puddle lights in either case only light up when the door is open, correct? If so, then when the door in the back is open, I get the unbranded light shooting down from the standard light in each of the four doors when opened. It is my understanding the $300 option (as I recall) only changes the light from white light to a "porsche" logo and still needs to door to be open to shine on the ground.

The mirror light works the same in both cases.
Do you have rear view mirrors on your passenger doors ?

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh ... my dealer just emailed me to say I need the ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Light and the Ambient Lighting package to get door handle courtesy lighting on unlock.

Can anyone confirm what external lighting there is when the car is unlocked if you don't have the PORSCHE Logo LED Door Courtesy and Ambient Lighting?
I have RWD/Tech/Prem model. No Porsche puddle option. When I unlock my doors, my side mirrors light up, the door handles pop out with no lights under handles. (Does any model/option light up the door handles?) When I open any door, they all have puddle lights. It is my belief the Porsche puddle lights just project "Porsche" onto the ground as opposed to just a white light.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
In fact, the door lights from the original Porsche factory are terrible, not bright enough, and only one logo option.

I bought 2 pairs from here: Taycan door light much better:like::like::like:

I ordered from here, installed them yesterday... wow, I had a lot of different ones but these are very bright! Thanks for the link!

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 69255922503__82AA7BAD-AEBD-4D0C-8FA1-9A36B9E836B9

wlin

First Name
Will-I-Am
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' 9J1 CT, 21' 982 Jahre25, 21' Tesla WhtStar
Country flag
Have 2 sets (4 LED Puddle Light projectors) off from my 22' Taycan. Part number 9Y0947577B. Works perfect and should fit all Taycans. Compare with SunCoast ($320 + tax + shipping for sets of 4).

$280 shipped. PM if interested.

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights S__7135248
Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights S__7135250
Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights S__7135251

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 9Y0947577B_01
Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 9Y0947577B_02

I bit the bullet and ordered the “Porsche” puddle light kit from Suncoast. Based on the price ($160), my suspicion is that the kit is merely a lens that you put over the existing light that was shown above. I will post when I receive.
Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights S__7135250