‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights

Bsteffes

Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
I bit the bullet and ordered the “Porsche” puddle light kit from Suncoast. Based on the price ($160), my suspicion is that the kit is merely a lens that you put over the existing light that was shown above. I will post when I receive.
I ordered the same thing. That is exactly what they are.
4F8BD405-76E8-4472-9480-FEE7EBBCE4B3.jpeg

KensingtonPark

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2020 Audi A7; 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT; 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Country flag
I ordered the same thing. That is exactly what they are.
4F8BD405-76E8-4472-9480-FEE7EBBCE4B3.jpeg
So, I had posted what I received, and it’s not quite what I meant. These are new light housings that replaces the light that is in the car. You remove and unplug the old light with this new unit, which is much heavier and has a different pattern for the side red light. I was actually thinking that I might simply be getting a new plastic lens to cover the existing light fixture. What I received and installed is definitely NOT that. So it exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
So, I had posted what I received, and it’s not quite what I meant. These are new light housings that replaces the light that is in the car. You remove and unplug the old light with this new unit, which is much heavier and has a different pattern for the side red light. I was actually thinking that I might simply be getting a new plastic lens to cover the existing light fixture. What I received and installed is definitely NOT that. So it exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations.
Supporting your experience I found a video that a guy posted about doing his Cayan (forgive his saying of Porsche):
I still wish there was more style rather than just the Porsche in official font.

KensingtonPark

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2020 Audi A7; 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT; 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Country flag
Supporting your experience I found a video that a guy posted about doing his Cayan (forgive his saying of Porsche):
I still wish there was more style rather than just the Porsche in official font.
OMG, I wish I had seen this before. I would have been a lot less scared. This is exactly how it went for me, except I had no idea when I jammed the plastic into the seam whether it was what I was supposed to be doing!

wemct

Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Aston Martin DB11 (V12), Maserati Levante S GranSport, Porsche Boxster S
Country flag
I ordered two different sets of some aftermarket logo puddle lights from Amazon. The good news is they fit perfectly. The bad news is that the image was so horrible (distorted Porsche crest) that I immediately removed it and reinstalled the regular led door lights. It seems that the only/best option is the official Porsche puddle lights.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm in Canada and I have this in my 4S... I have the premium package and folding mirrors... I don't remember seeing this in the option list and was surprised to see in on the car when I first opened the door.. wouldn't have paid extra for them on purpose but oh well...

Advertisement

Advertisement