‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
There's a chance it's different for UK cars but US cars have full exterior visibility LED lighting as standard. So, when dark outside, it lights up all of the handles and the ground around the car. I'd say I'm 95% sure but this might be one to add to the "Ask a dealer" thread.

The logo projector just adds the "Porsche" name without any actual funcionality. I can take a photo later when it's dark.
I got it, and it's not as large or impressive as the same thing on my wife's Audi Q7. I might skip it if I did it over.
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I got it, and it's not as large or impressive as the same thing on my wife's Audi Q7. I might skip it if I did it over.
I agree the Porsche version seems pretty lame especially for the cost for 4 doors. I installed some aftermarket ones on my Maserati for 4 doors for under $60.

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 20200912_223957_resized_01

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
I wonder if it’s possible to get custom after market ones.

i would have expected the storm trooper guy to have his car projection a storm trooper on the floor.

i would like my unicorn logo if I can find a way.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
You can order the puddle lights from parts. No idea on how many thousands each one costs!!! Lol

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I bit the bullet and ordered the “Porsche” puddle light kit from Suncoast. Based on the price ($160), my suspicion is that the kit is merely a lens that you put over the existing light that was shown above. I will post when I receive.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I bit the bullet and ordered the “Porsche” puddle light kit from Suncoast. Based on the price ($160), my suspicion is that the kit is merely a lens that you put over the existing light that was shown above. I will post when I receive.
Do you know the part number? I’m being told by Porsche UK that the catalogue is wrong and that the lights with part number 9Y0044910 don’t fit the Taycan.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you know the part number? I’m being told by Porsche UK that the catalogue is wrong and that the lights with part number 9Y0044910 don’t fit the Taycan.
I do not. I also have not actually received the parts yet. A few more days, apparently.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is what you get if you order the puddle light kit from Suncoast. One thing that they don’t make clear is that you only get two lights, not four. So if you want the rear doors to have the lights, you’ll need to order two kits. Also, there are no instructions. I haven’t installed it yet, but I guess I will have to figure out which one is left and which is left.

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 7284693B-7F3B-4445-AF69-5EF106ECED2D

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 6B676682-B854-4D58-ACE1-73E08F8A8001

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights DCACCD6B-879A-4B00-A58A-BEC2D78E6428

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 843DDBA0-0DDD-40FC-B73D-9DAE991DD1EE

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So it was a little scary, but the lights came off easily with a plastic pry tool. I will say, however, that removing the lights means that you have snapped the glue holding the light cover on the light. Easy to fix, but I assume there was a way to do it without having that happen that I did not know about.

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights AC025FAD-FF57-48A8-B322-86C409459E91

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights B9D3E45D-2CB9-45A3-ACDD-880CA2EFEB18

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I ordered these. Part no 9Y0 044 911. Same part number as yours and same part number listed in Porsche Tequipment online for the Taycan. But they would not fit as they were to small. The Porsche dealer said that they must have listed incorrect part number and would raise a ticket.
But yours fit!! so I'm confused
and yes I do have Ambient lighting package on car. Can anyone advise on this.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered these. Part no 9Y0 044 911. Same part number as yours and same part number listed in Porsche Tequipment online for the Taycan. But they would not fit as they were to small. The Porsche dealer said that they must have listed incorrect part number and would raise a ticket.
Yes, it fit perfectly. I would ask, however, if they managed to get the old light out, did they show you side-by-side? It was not immediately obvious how they went into the housing, but once I figured it out, it snapped right into place. This gave me the confidence to order the lights for the back door. Side-by-side, they are exactly the same size. They just look very different, as you can see. They are definitely heavier.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Yes this is what I was told by Porsche Reading too. The wrong part number is listed for the Taycan. What doesn’t make sense though is the part number is as above and seems to fit. Confused as well.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, it fit perfectly. I would ask, however, if they managed to get the old light out, did they show you side-by-side? It was not immediately obvious how they went into the housing, but once I figured it out, it snapped right into place. This gave me the confidence to order the lights for the back door. Side-by-side, they are exactly the same size. They just look very different, as you can see. They are definitely heavier.
No. The new ones were smaller and would just go straight through the hole when the old ones were removed. They tried a set from another box to check it wasn't a mislabelled box.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes this is what I was told by Porsche Reading too. The wrong part number is listed for the Taycan. What doesn’t make sense though is the part number is as above and seems to fit. Confused as well.
Yes. Very weird.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No. The new ones were smaller and would just go straight through the hole when the old ones were removed. They tried a set from another box to check it wasn't a mislabelled box.
So, I went to check, to see if I had made some inadvertent mistake, and this new one that I have is exactly the same size as the original in the vehicle. My car was built in July and delivered in August and is a 4S.

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 1121386E-B738-4EB6-806A-B5C670132EAC
Sponsored