Results are only viewable after voting.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Makes sense. I’m with you on the excessive badging. Then again, I’d wrap a 911 in Martini Racing livery ?‍♂
I love Martini Racing livery. I have a Martini Racing Keurig! ♠
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: cfp

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I seem to be the only one who has spec’d the side electric badging. Looking at many videos and photos on instagram and on here I have not yet seen another.

I went for it as proud of owning a game changing car, people see “electric” and the green credentials become evident. So far the car has had all positive reactions and many people come up to me and say “wow that’s the electric porsche”. Rather than ask me what it is.

I also went for it to make it obvious it’s not a Panamera :D

So why did you or didn’t you opt for it?
74F2FBCC-EEBC-4A7F-8E0D-985E1086466B.jpeg
I wouldn't mind having the electric logo but want the model deletion at the back. You cannot do that in the US configurator. You can either have model and electric, model only or neither. You can't have electric only which kind of sucks. I think the model at the rear looks a bit busy as it is directly under the Porsche writing

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’ve been told that’s very easy to remove model logo in the back.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Odd man out here. I actually ADDDED the 'Electric' badge to my Taycan 4S this week, even though my car was not ordered with it originally.

Why?

#1. In the past few weeks of ownership, I've noticed that many people are intrigued by the car but have NO idea what is going on. They KNOW it's a Porsche, but they seem puzzled.

I myself have mistaken a couple recent-model Panameras for a Taycan -- granted it's 100% through my own ignorance. If I am a new Porsche owner (and proud of it), then I am assuming that other car hobbyists would have even more trouble than me with decoding the model.

#2. I also see it as a mild 'badge of honour' -- In my city there are not a lot of electric cars, and I mostly see Teslas and the occasional Leaf. *yawn* So if I can differentiate my vehicle from others on the road, I see that as a good thing.

#3. Because my car already has the blacked-out badge option, I don't find the badge lessens the exterior look at all. Perhaps it's just my colour combo that helps.

Porsche Taycan “Electric” Badge - Did you? L1004946

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I like not having it on as I like the surprise when people find out it is electric.
Also, like it or not, many people HATE electric cars and feel it infringes on their freedom and feel that car makers and lawmakers will mandate that they purchase an electric vehicle in the future. I personally want to avoid the negative connotations and purchased an electric vehicle for personal reasons and feel no need to impose my will on others or advertise the fact that I made this choice and have others feel that I think of ICE vehicles as 'less than', which I have actually personally felt from many Tesla owners that think that buying an EV somehow makes them a better person for it. Despite that the majority of the electricity that charges my vehicle comes from combustible fuel. The last statement may not be the case in all areas of the world, but around here, there is not much of the grid that is pushing out electricity with renewable sources of energy. On that front, nuclear is actually the highest capacity factor of all energy sources, followed by geothermal, natural gas, hydro, coal and unfortunately wind and solar are the second to last and last, respectively.
Live Free or Die!

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I seem to be the only one who has spec’d the side electric badging. Looking at many videos and photos on instagram and on here I have not yet seen another.

I went for it as proud of owning a game changing car, people see “electric” and the green credentials become evident. So far the car has had all positive reactions and many people come up to me and say “wow that’s the electric porsche”. Rather than ask me what it is.

misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Questions about the badge. I’m on the fence about it and will probably order it. I want it in gloss black, but that’s no longer an option. Silver appears to be a free option.

1. Having a shop remove the silver and gloss them is probably cheaper than buying the suncoast gloss black badges ($115 per) and having them installed, right?
2. If I decided to remove it altogether in 2 years, for example, how much of a process is that in terms of repairing paint issues?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
It is still available in black. All you have to do is order the electric badge after selecting the Turbo S. Probably cheaper to order just the badge from your dealer or Suncoast.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Questions about the badge. I’m on the fence about it and will probably order it. I want it in gloss black, but that’s no longer an option. Silver appears to be a free option.

1. Having a shop remove the silver and gloss them is probably cheaper than buying the suncoast gloss black badges ($115 per) and having them installed, right?
2. If I decided to remove it altogether in 2 years, for example, how much of a process is that in terms of repairing paint issues?
Removing a badge is relatively straightforward - heat the area to soften/loosen the glue and then use some fishing line and slide it under the badge to remove it. Then a matter of removing the leftover glue, which will not harm the paint. If you're uncomfortable doing it yourself your detail shop would do it for you. No paint repair needed.

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
It's a no from me. I prefer the cleaner style.

TheDarKnight

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne, 2019 Dodge Ram, 2011 Toyota Prius
Country flag
I am still some weeks out until the lock date. I think I will opt for the badge deletion.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

I'm in the less is more camp on badges. They are in fact very hard to keep looking good (let us know how the holes in your "e"s and "c"s look in a couple months). My guess is you will either get busy with q-tips to clean, or dental floss to remove. Additionally, the "Electric" logo gives me uncomfortable flashbacks:
Porsche Taycan “Electric” Badge - Did you? 1632938948346